***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Probably just being polite.

Don't see why he can't evaluate us & give a quick decision, unless he's hoping for a better offer.

In which case, do we want to sit around up to 8 weeks & wait for him?

Thats the decision the board need to make.. FDB would sell out STs and is the box office appointment we need..

Just now, KingKirk said:

Thats the decision the board need to make.. FDB would sell out STs and is the box office appointment we need..

True enough, but can we afford to let him take his time, only to ultimately knock us back?

And then start the process again...

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

How do i know we cant afford him? Have you seen the state of our club right now. You are in dreamland obviously. 

We are likely about to raped in court for severance packages for the last management team. We had no money available for transfers in the window even though it was obvious the squad needs strengthened. King has stated he has invested 18million *cough* of the 30 he promised. Cant see any major players on the horrizon ready to pump in a wad of cash. Can you?

I'm not in dreamland ffs - I'm one of the biggest realists on here as it happens but his agent said on record that he's not motivated by money.

You know nothing tbh ... no-one does ... but I find it amazing that you or anyone can rattle on about he defo won't come when both he and his agent has said on record past week they're interested and that he's not orientated by money on this.

Again I am not saying he will definately be our next manager I am saying anyone saying he 100% won't be don't know that.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Out of respect for our club and not many managers who are out of work are going to shoot down a job off hand when asked. 

He was suitors all over and it wasn't long ago Spurs were wanting him in. He will know himself come the summer there will be a good number of clubs to choose from and let's face it not many are worse ran than Rangers just now.

Do you hand on heart think we have the means to offer a manager enough funds to rebuild the squad to the tune needed to challenge them? 

I would generally agree with this when it comes to most "top" managers, i am thinking we need a Mcleish/Ferguson type team in at the moment, wouldn't be overly popular but would hopefully instil some pride and tradition in the players. 

The standard of player we have and the lack of structure through the team is a worry, i don't know if a foreign coach with no links to the club is the way forward at the moment.

Just now, KingKirk said:

We sell out STs anyway, obviously if things continue in the same vain that would diminish.

We dont need box office. We need a coach who can organise a back four/three. We need a manager who can transform the players mentalities. We need a man capable of being adaptable across the course of season.

Is FDB that man? Jurys out for me.

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Out of respect for our club and not many managers who are out of work are going to shoot down a job off hand when asked. 

He was suitors all over and it wasn't long ago Spurs were wanting him in. He will know himself come the summer there will be a good number of clubs to choose from and let's face it not many are worse ran than Rangers just now.

Do you hand on heart think we have the means to offer a manager enough funds to rebuild the squad to the tune needed to challenge them?

No, I don't - but your assuming that Frank De Boer would only come if he's guaranteed millions and I'm saying that he will know of our money problems.

I agree we need millions that we probably won't see from King but that's a different argument.  

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I actually think FDB would entertain a move to here. Just depends on how much cash he will have to spend. 

The sooner we move away from the other names being touted the better.

The board can forget about even 35k STs if it's Wright, McLeish or Davies.

Of course he would any normal season(hopefully starting next year:thumbsup:) we will be competing to win things and aiming to get into the CL also throw into that the size of the club.. This is probably the easiest way to get into the "big time" admittedly if it goes wrong then hes got issue getting to where he wants to be but it wont go wrong 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not in dreamland ffs - I'm one of the biggest realists on here as it happens but his agent said on record that he's not motivated by money.

You know nothing tbh ... no-one does ... but I find it amazing that you or anyone can rattle on about he defo won't come when both he and his agent has said on record past week they're interested and that he's not orientated by money on this.

Again I am not saying he will definately be our next manager I am saying anyone saying he 100% won't be don't know that.

I think he is doing that over the respect he has for the club. 

I dont think we can afford to wait on a maybe either. I dont think its the right move anyway unless king is hiding major investment..... Which is very doubtful.

Just now, BigBearButt said:

I dont think we can afford to wait on a maybe either. I dont think its the right move anyway unless king is hiding major investment..... Which is very doubtful.

There's nothing respectful about pretending your are interested mate. I don't think he's that type. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

We sell out STs anyway, obviously if things continue in the same vain that would diminish.

We dont need box office. We need a coach who can organise a back four/three. We need a manager who can transform the players mentalities. We need a man capable of being adaptable across the course of season.

Doubt we'll sell out ST's next year if we appoint some nobody people becoming becoming very pissed off now would be a very dangerous game for King to play if he's taking sales/fans for granted 

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I dont agree he doesn't need to keep us hanging mate if he wasn't interested we'd know by now.. The SMSM will be try at all hours of the day to kill this story and as of now they have not been able to. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

No chance are we selling out ST without a box office name.. Be luck to get this seasons numbers again next year... The buzz of being back wore off after Septembers OF game    

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's nothing respectful about pretending your are interested mate. I don't think he's that type. 

I dont think he is pretending to be interested either. Basically saying he will access his options. Most of which imo will likely be more appealing than us right now. I dont think he is likely to say " no chance have you seen the state of them these days"

I dont think people are grasping just how dire our situation is. We are looking lucky to hang on the 3rd spot in a very poor Spfl, the quality of our squad is as poor as I have seen us in the top flight, we have no signs of major investment coming in, we are fighting or will be fighting several potentially costly court room battles, our board cant seem to help but embarrass us a club at any opportunity given. Its an utter shambles. What manager of proven quality will want to be a part of that? 

6 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I dont think he is pretending to be interested either. Basically saying he will access his options. Most of which imo will likely be more appealing than us right now. I dont think he is likely to say " no chance have you seen the state of them these days"

I dont think people are grasping just how dire our situation is. We are looking lucky to hang on the 3rd spot in a very poor Spfl, the quality of our squad is as poor as I have seen us in the top flight, we have no signs of major investment coming in, we are fighting or will be fighting several potentially costly court room battles, our board cant seem to help but embarrass us a club at any opportunity given. Its an utter shambles. What manager of proven quality will want to be a part of that? 

No-one is failing to grasp how dire our situation is at all. 

I have a real issue with people downplaying the draw our club has because of it, though, as players and management worth their salt will see it as a golden opportunity to get the club back on the map and endear themselves to the fans for life.

That draw won't last forever though. We are hanging in there (just) in terms of stature but that's why I keep saying if we don't get this appointment right we might never recover. I'm not being dramatic on purpose but it really does come down to this appointment in my eyes which is why I die a bit inside every time I see director of football mentioned and people being taken in by it all.