***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That's there job mate if there good at it then experience is irrelevant Imo.

how do you gain experience with been thrown in to it

How have our last two inexperienced appointments in key roles worked out?

We need to get this right and IMO appointing guys with barely any experience of the job (and in some cases non at all) is a recipe for disaster.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How have our last two inexperienced appointments in key roles worked out?

We need to get this right and IMO appointing guys with barely any experience of the job (and in some cases non at all) is a recipe for disaster.

Managers this lad aint gonna be that... That the massive difference 

A DOF must be someone who is going to be here long term, 5 years minimum. Are we then going to be able to find a manager who will want to work under a DOF. I wouldn't see a bigger named manager like Frank De Boer working along side a 26 year old who has just come from Brentford or someone who has little experience. The decision the board make could be the biggest in the last 5 years because if they don't pick someone who the fans will like then season ticket sales may fall which means King might need to ask more rich Rangers fans to help us get through the season. 

Seems to all of a.sudden be huge shout for a DoF. . People all of a sudden talking about maitaining a structure . Keep moving in the same direction.  I heard a ramgers official saying that if a manager leaves then it is not everything that needs to change there should be continuity. Now what happens in the future what has just happened.  When manager assistant and whatever the he'll mcpartland was all leave again.  You have a director of.football in place.  Now.what happens if the DoF leaves in the future ? Does the new.director of football then come.in and change everything again or do we.get a director of.football to continue in the same way. ?

What if he responsible for? 

Identifying players to suit a managers     style ?

Identifying youth players ready to              make the step up and advise manager.

Identify new coaches , physio etc? 

What exactly is theit role and why such a drive for it.  For me it seems like a he'll of a waste of.money for not a lot back , or at least issues.that can result in a difference opinion from him to the manager. Who is more important if there.is a differing view and philosophy?  

Who goes first manager or DoF? Who is the most important part of the football structure. ? 

Not a lot of answers to questions . And I for one have my reservations on this matter ...

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Managers this lad aint gonna be that... That the massive difference 

They are going to be responsible for running the entire footballing operation of the club. How you can even try and argue that an inexperienced person can be tasked with that task is completely lost on me.

1 minute ago, deco19761 said:

Who goes first manager or DoF? Who is the most important part of the football structure. ? 

is it not a case that most clubs bring in a DoF in and then a head coach. The head coach needs to work with the players that he is provided with by the DoF. 

The head coach would advise the DoF of the type of player that he would like and then the rest is up to the DoF

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

They are going to be responsible for running the entire footballing operation of the club. How you can even try and argue that an inexperienced person can be tasked with that task is completely lost on me.

How do you gain experience mate if your not given the chance... Whoever the DOF is no matter his age or experience if hes the best then I want him at Rangers  

7 minutes ago, james_85 said:

is it not a case that most clubs bring in a DoF in and then a head coach. The head coach needs to work with the players that he is provided with by the DoF. 

The head coach would advise the DoF of the type of player that he would like and then the rest is up to the DoF

So if the DoF says this player is someone that the manager has identified as the "type of player" he wants at the club but he goes out and signs someone who wants.. say a Barton type player.  For.example.  

1. Experience 

2. Influence on others 

3. Drive

4. Ambition

5. Talent

But identified player is a nutcase.who thinks he can speak glasweigan even though he is foreigner. Who makes shocling challanges and argues with team mates etc etc.  

So although it may tick most of the footballing attributes of the player that the manager wants, the personality side of.of . things is far from right.  So the DoF goes gets the player gets the deal of liver the line snd tells the manager on Monday 

. There is Ur player . The kid u.YOU identified. So deAl with him. You really think that would work? Is that is what is to be expected.  ? A mid 30 year old telling possibly an experienced coach what he is getting no matter what. Really? 

Makes me want a DoF even less than I had ten minutes ago 

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Whats the thoughts on Markus Babbel then? Probably rubbish but he has creeped in being one of the bookies favourites.

1 in 3 loss ratio and only a +75 goal difference in 225 matches. 44% win ratio. Very patchy record as manager. Not for me mate. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I get people don't like change but DOF if done properly will be successful

It's the done properly bit that scares the shit out of me mate, when was the last time our club done anything properly...  We fuck everything up,  rinse repeat...

The board really need to get this appointment spot on, no more room for error.  

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It's a complete and utter shambles.

You would think they would have learned about taking risks with radical overhauls after the way Warburton played out.

I don't want a box office appointment to sell season tickets, or some young DOF/Head Coach combo labelled as a 'dream team' by the press, I just want a manager who knows what he is doing.

It might not be popular with the fans but in the short term we are crying out for a Smith or Warnock type. A manager who maybe doesn't play the best football but  builds a team that is no frills, well organised, hard working and hard to beat.

All these ideas of free flowing football and DOF's need to be put on the backburner until we are on a sound footing in the SPFL and not worrying about if we can finish above Aberdeen or if Hearts will catch us and push us into fourth place.

Exactly what I've been trying to get through to some people on here, yet some just don't listen.

The most important things to fans at this moment in time is stopping the scum winning too many titles - especially 9 in a row. Again this is evidence of the board being out of alignment with the fans and not realising what we want.

The only way to do this is to get someone who knows what we are all about, who will not take any shit, will drop under performers, and get mediocre players playing as a team being greater than the sum of each individual.

DOF can be appointed any time, and start to take control gradually - it is not priority.

14 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

A mid 30 year old telling possibly an experienced coach what he is getting no matter what. Really? 

Makes me want a DoF even less than I had ten minutes ago 

Put simply, no.

Nobody is going to be signed with the managers say so. Its honestly no that hard to grasp. 

I posted Citys structure before but...Guardiola & Begiristain discuss areas needing strengthened, Begiristain goes to his scouting department and then goes back to Guardiola with the names that suit their player profile for the positions. They will both then discuss and agree on the player(s) they want to sign.  

Just now, PRW. said:

Put simply, no.

Nobody is going to be signed with the managers say so. Its honestly no that hard to grasp. 

I posted Citys structure before but...Guardiola & Begiristain discuss areas needing strengthened, Begiristain goes to his scouting department and then goes back to Guardiola with the names that suit their player profile for the positions. They will both then discuss and agree on the player(s) they want to sign.  

Fair enough.  That's how it's meant Ro work.  How it works with different personalities is very different

I am are. U don't get on.with everyone you work with , neither do I and god forbid if they had a say in the way that the company was going.  I would feat the worst. 

All I am saying is yes I accept what your saying even though I didn't look at the aforementioned structure you posted. But in reality ...is that how it really works. ?we.shall see. I am not for it to be honest. They say it gives manager more time with players etc.  Well get an administration person in for it manager identifies the player tells the admin clerk to make contact with agents etc arrange meeting discuss wages.  Meet manager end of

Cos sure as he'll the DoF won't come. Cheap. Howuch is Ur man on at city for example in relation to the manager ?