***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

This whole DOF thing is a load of nonsense.

This isn't the time to be fannying about with changes in structures and implementing new 'modern' ideas so we can hope it pays off three or five years down the line.

We are crying out for an experienced manager who can steady the ship, make us hard to beat and make us competitive because he actually knows what the fuck he's doing.

We had a couple of DOF Advocaat was one Gordon Smith Another. I agree we need a Experienced Manager.

This whole DOF thing is a load of nonsense.

This isn't the time to be fannying about with changes in structures and implementing new 'modern' ideas so we can hope it pays off three or five years down the line.

We are crying out for an experienced manager who can steady the ship, make us hard to beat and make us competitive because he actually knows what the fuck he's doing.

This is Rangers though.

We seem to thrive in making things hard for ourselves. 

7 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Lets just say by some miracle we get De Boer (for example) a guy who's played at the highest level in world football, why the fuck would he take orders from any of these names being linked with the DoF role? Don't get me wrong I'm sure they're all perfectly capable of doing it but I just don't get how the dynamic would work.

I think it would be best for the club to advise us on what role the DOF would be playing at our club

5 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

STV Sport (@STVSport)

20/02/2017, 14:10

Robert Rowan holds Rangers director of football talks buff.ly/2m40p4z pic.twitter.com/Mi1zo5Ui7x

26 y/o from Brentford used to be at Celtic, SFA and Stenhousemuir 

pretty sure ire it's a troll

No thanks.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We had a couple of DOF Advocaat was one Gordon Smith Another. I agree we need a Experienced Manager.

The Advocaat DOF role was a face, though .. that was him getting another job to make-way for McLeish but to save face and give him something to do to see his contract out.

Smith, see farce above and multiple that by 100.

Just now, K.A.I said:

The Advocaat DOF role was a face, though .. that was him getting another job to make-way for McLeish but to save face and give him something to do to see his contract out.

Smith, see farce above and multiple that by 100.

Agreed. I don't like the idea at all I think the Manager should make all the team decisions him or his number two.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Billy Davies would be a disgrace to the Rangers name. He's a sexual deviant and the mhedia up here would go all out on him dragging our name through the mud. He's also a smarmy wee egotistic prick who would throw his toy's out the pram, tears snotters the lot if things go against him. Pretty sure every club he's managed he's left on bad terms... Would be an almighty fuck up by our board to appoint him, even if it's just until the end of the season.  He also keeps very bad company.

We should stay well clear of questionable characters like him.  

Im not a fan of Davies but something needs done yesterday and i feel desperation now. As you say he 's a smarmy wee egotistic prick and thats  maybe what we need to  go into that dressing room and out the imposters. 

He has made an impact on the football side of things at the clubs he's been with.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's what I don't get either.

We are looking at appointing a director of football, first. 

I don't want a director of football anyway but we could fuck up the main appointment by appointing the director of football first and it could be someone the new manager doesn't like or disagree's with ... what happens then? one of them has to go ... pay off and the rebuilding starts again.

If the board are so fucking hell-bent on carrying on the sort of ethos that Warburton laid down (for reasons unknown to me) they simply look for a good manager that fits the style or get a manager who's agreeable to the objectives. 

We are destined to fuck this up I fear. 

We won't appoint a manager that doesn't share the vision of the DOF mate its that guy that grills any potential managers

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We won't appoint a manager that doesn't share the vision of the DOF mate its that guy that grills any potential managers

That's even worse. The board are appointing someone to take the heat off them ... what happens if the new manager is a good one but they've appointed the wrong DOF and fucked up the managerial appointment by default then.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's even worse. The board are appointing someone to take the heat off them ... what happens if the new manager is a good one but they've appointed the wrong DOF and fucked up the managerial appointment by default then.

Just relax mate your only thinking of the worst case what will be will be am sure it will work out fine

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That happens worldwide mate for any club working a DOF.

I know it does but what we need is simple.

A manager who will get the best out of a poor bunch of players and who can bring in ones who will put in the effort. 

It's like we are making obstacles for ourselves when it isn't required. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

It's a complete and utter shambles.

You would think they would have learned about taking risks with radical overhauls after the way Warburton played out.

I don't want a box office appointment to sell season tickets, or some young DOF/Head Coach combo labelled as a 'dream team' by the press, I just want a manager who knows what he is doing.

It might not be popular with the fans but in the short term we are crying out for a Smith or Warnock type. A manager who maybe doesn't play the best football but  builds a team that is no frills, well organised, hard working and hard to beat.

All these ideas of free flowing football and DOF's need to be put on the backburner until we are on a sound footing in the SPFL and not worrying about if we can finish above Aberdeen or if Hearts will catch us and push us into fourth place.

You saw yesterday how a team of sub standard footballers can win a game just by showing more desire and effort than one with superior players. 

We lack the basics yet are trying to do something 'eye catching' behind the scenes when it's just not needed.

It's time we went back to basics and as you said built a side who are hard to beat, will give nothing away and show a bit of steel and desire. It's not always going to be pretty but it beats getting tanked by sides like Hearts and Dundee. 

27 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Lets just say by some miracle we get De Boer (for example) a guy who's played at the highest level in world football, why the fuck would he take orders from any of these names being linked with the DoF role? Don't get me wrong I'm sure they're all perfectly capable of doing it but I just don't get how the dynamic would work.

I used to wonder how it went when Big Eck or Andy Watson tried to tell Ronald de Boer what to do in a game.

It's a complete and utter shambles.

You would think they would have learned about taking risks with radical overhauls after the way Warburton played out.

I don't want a box office appointment to sell season tickets, or some young DOF/Head Coach combo labelled as a 'dream team' by the press, I just want a manager who knows what he is doing.

It might not be popular with the fans but in the short term we are crying out for a Smith or Warnock type. A manager who maybe doesn't play the best football but  builds a team that is no frills, well organised, hard working and hard to beat.

All these ideas of free flowing football and DOF's need to be put on the backburner until we are on a sound footing in the SPFL and not worrying about if we can finish above Aberdeen or if Hearts will catch us and push us into fourth place.

Watched Warnock on goals on Sunday yesterday and thought the same. This is the kind of manager we need. Knows exactly what he is doing.