***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Put simply, no.

Nobody is going to be signed with the managers say so. Its honestly no that hard to grasp. 

I posted Citys structure before but...Guardiola & Begiristain discuss areas needing strengthened, Begiristain goes to his scouting department and then goes back to Guardiola with the names that suit their player profile for the positions. They will both then discuss and agree on the player(s) they want to sign.  

Why can the manager just not tell his head of scouting to look for the player.  Why is there a.a . need for.for.a broker in between within the same club. It just seems madness to me. Fu k sake thats why everyone went on line to get better deals and do away with the middle man as the costs increase if Ur buying something from a shop or on line. 

Cut out the.middle man. Cheaper . Quicker.  

Include.middle.mad .. more.expensive.listening to salesman talking shite etc etc 

When the crook Whyte appointed Gordon Smith as DOF football I thought it was a good idea, but of course it all went tits up with administration. I believe Gordon would have been good at his job but never had the chance to prove it.

At this moment in time I am torn on what is best, I can see that it could work for us as could a good strong experienced manager. I must admit I do not know what is best.

What I do know is this whatever kind of structure the board go for, it will only work with a huge amount of investment in the team in the summer and that is where I start to worry because I am not sure where that investment will come from. I do not think King and the other main shareholders have the money we need and have no idea where they will find it.

So we can argue every day about what structure is best, but really it all comes down to money IMO, and that is it in a nutshell. 

40 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Now.what happens if the DoF leaves in the future ? Does the new.director of football then come.in and change everything again or do we.get a director of.football to continue in the same way. ? Continue in the same way.

What if he responsible for? He will be partly responsible for the manager, the recruitment, the scouting, the academy etc. 

Identifying players to suit a managers     style ? The scouting department will be part of his responsibility, so yeah.

Identifying youth players ready to              make the step up and advise manager. I imagine the manager will speak to the Mulholland and Murty, who train and play the youths, regarding this. But the DOF will be involved I assume. 

Identify new coaches , physio etc? I'd say thats in the managers remit.

Who is more important if there.is a differing view and philosophy?  There won't be as we won't hire a manager who a complete differing philosophy and style to the way the club want. We can't afford to rip everything up and start again everytime a manager leaves. 

Who goes first manager or DoF? Depends on their performance doesn't it?

Who is the most important part of the football structure. ? Who would you say is more important to Southampton? Les Reed or Nigel Adkins or Pochettino or Koeman or Puel? Who would you say is more important to Sevilla? Monchi or (I'm not going to list their managers during Monchi's 17 year reign :D) 

Not a lot of answers to questions . And I for one have my reservations on this matter ...

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It's a complete and utter shambles.

You would think they would have learned about taking risks with radical overhauls after the way Warburton played out.

I don't want a box office appointment to sell season tickets, or some young DOF/Head Coach combo labelled as a 'dream team' by the press, I just want a manager who knows what he is doing.

It might not be popular with the fans but in the short term we are crying out for a Smith or Warnock type. A manager who maybe doesn't play the best football but  builds a team that is no frills, well organised, hard working and hard to beat.

All these ideas of free flowing football and DOF's need to be put on the backburner until we are on a sound footing in the SPFL and not worrying about if we can finish above Aberdeen or if Hearts will catch us and push us into fourth place.

Just seen this, exactly my feelings.

Warburton has totally distanced me from the whole total football philosophy ethos. How often does total football win you championships? You only have to look at the likes Guardiola at City, Klopp at Liverpool and Wenger at Arsenal to see that these philosophies, more so in British football, is extremely difficult to produce while achieving winning results.

There are times where you turn up at a ground on a Tuesday/Wednesday night  at somewhere like Tynecastle, in January, and the pitch is absolutely rotten and the passing game has to be thrown out the window. There are times where as a side you've got to win ugly, to be a title winning side this trait is imperative. To allow your team to do this you must be well drilled in shape, rigid and willing to go into a dog fight with the opposition for the three points. Three attributes that we lack and have been ignored by the previous management team.

The similarities in our situation now and the last time we tried to experiment and go down the route of the 'modern era', PLG's time incharge, are uncanny from a footballing POV.

For me McInnes is the man for the job. He has the knowledge of the club, the knowledge of the league more importantly, he can get his teams playing good football but he knows how to organise his back four. I get the impression he carries a bit of an aura about himself, where he demands respect from the players and will bring a bit of a fear factor into the players.

It's time Rangers got back to the philosophy that's synonymous with this club - a winning philosophy, that's all we should care about. 

11 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Why can the manager just not tell his head of scouting to look for the player.  Why is there a.a . need for.for.a broker in between within the same club. It just seems madness to me. Fu k sake thats why everyone went on line to get better deals and do away with the middle man as the costs increase if Ur buying something from a shop or on line. 

Cut out the.middle man. Cheaper . Quicker.  

Include.middle.mad .. more.expensive.listening to salesman talking shite etc etc 

The clubs don't do it just cos they can mate. It has far more chance of success. 

Part of the DOF's job is going  to be to set up a successful scouting department. He is going to dedicate a lot of his time to ensuring we have the best people we can get looking for the best players we can get. 

Having a scouting department with a huge database of players we can get that suit us is surely the preferable option to a manager coming in, bringing a scout with him, signing players they've had at previous clubs and then taking the manager taking the scout with him when he leaves, leaving us without a scouting department again? 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

The clubs don't do it just cos they can mate. It has far more chance of success. 

Part of the DOF's job is going  to be to set up a successful scouting department. He is going to dedicate a lot of his time to ensuring we have the best people we can get looking for the best players we can get. 

Having a scouting department with a huge database of players we can get that suit us is surely the preferable option to a manager coming in, bringing a scout with him, signing players they've had at previous clubs and then taking the manager taking the scout with him when he leaves, leaving us without a scouting department again? 

But we had access to some database of players who had like 12 months on contract left. 1i months. Free transfers.  Those without  libs

So the system.is already there. . .

4 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

But we had access to some database of players who had like 12 months on contract left. 1i months. Free transfers.  Those without  libs

So the system.is already there. . .

The "system" we used was Warburton, McParland and Warburtons daughter mate

5 hours ago, gj923 said:

What are the likes of Davies and McLeish doing the now - not as if they are coining it in. Any manager that comes in for an interim gig the only role is to short the first team out so if they want to commentate on their off day they still can.

Why do these two have to be an option? I think if either of them are appointed it will show a complete lack of ambition. I have no grind with them personally, but in terms of them being suitable candidates for the manager's job, I don't understand why they should be under consideration other than that our options are VERY limited, and that we lack serious ambition to be the top club again.

24 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The only way barry leaves clyde now for us is if hes gonna get a place on the new coaching set up for next season and I dont mean Head coach maybe 1st team coach alongside a new manager and assistant 

And what has he even remotely done there to suggest that he deserves any coaching role at Rangers?

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Why do these two have to be an option? I think if either of them are appointed it will show a complete lack of ambition. I have no grind with them personally, but in terms of them being suitable candidates for the manager's job, I don't understand why they should be under consideration other than that our options are VERY limited, and that we lack serious ambition to be the top club again.

Just two examples - majority of currently out of work managers within our price range would jump at the chance of an interim gig IMO