Scottish Sun: Murty still in charge v. Cel*ic

OceanRain

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

This director of football will be thrown to the lions too if next season goes tits up that's the only reason they're appointing him under the guise of a revolution when all it is is an attempt to keep heat off themselves 

it's win win 

if it's a success they can say they thought of and approved it - rightly so

if it's a flop (imo it will be) they can plead and say we put our trust in a highly recommended DOF who was in charge of the football side of things 

it's so obvious 

The bottom line in all this is this board do not have a fucking clue what they are doing. They are no more football people than you or i, or anyone else on here. Probably less so given how much time they have devoted within their personal lives to be successful businessmen. Our fans on the other hand have lived and breathed Rangers in person, in blood, sweat and tears and in cold hard cash for the majority of their lives. By all accounts our chairman is a fucking Liverpool fan as well! Go figure.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This director of football will be thrown to the lions too if next season goes tits up that's the only reason they're appointing him under the guise of a revolution when all it is is an attempt to keep heat off themselves 

it's win win 

if it's a flop (imo it will be) they can plead and say we put our trust in a highly recommended DOF who was in charge of the football side of things 

it's so obvious 

Totally disagree. The board will still take pelters if this DoF doesn't work out. Look at all the people already saying it's nonsense and there's no need for it. Plus it's not as if they would be in charge of the football side of things otherwise. They would still be employing people to fill those positions. 

As an aside, I think they're going in the right direction with this appointment. It's an unfortunate situation with Murty but it sounds like they're going to appoint someone before the end of the season so no need for an interim appointment. Highly doubt someone better would take it for a few weeks. I'm glad they're taking their time to get who they think is the right man. Not ideal but it's just the way it is.  

Just now, Gandhi1872 said:

Totally disagree. The board will still take pelters if this DoF doesn't work out. Look at all the people already saying it's nonsense and there's no need for it. Plus it's not as if they would be in charge of the football side of things otherwise. They would still be employing people to fill those positions. 

As an aside, I think they're going in the right direction with this appointment. It's an unfortunate situation with Murty but it sounds like they're going to appoint someone before the end of the season so no need for an interim appointment. Highly doubt someone better would take it for a few weeks. I'm glad they're taking their time to get who they think is the right man. Not ideal but it's just the way it is.  

I know they will take pelters if it doesn't work out (off most of us anyway) but they will feel vindicated and justified and job done they're rat bastards 

From the record. Hate to say it but a better article. 

Rangers will ramp up the search for a new boss this week - and will definitely bolster their bench for the visit to Celtic.

The Ibrox board will appoint an interim manager to ease the pressure on under-20s coach Graeme Murty if the man they want on a permanent basis not available immediately.

Rangers have drawn up a list of half a dozen candidates for the roles of first team boss and director of football, with up to 60 serious applicants for the manager’s position alone.

Interviews will begin in earnest in the coming days after soundings were taken last week, with a spread of candidates from the UK and Europe emerging for both positions.

Rangers will not be rushed into making a knee jerk appointment in light of the 2-1 defeat at Dundee, which has taken their recent dismal run in the league to just one win in six.

If an outstanding candidate emerges in the coming days and is ready and willing to take up their post straight away, they will be appointed before the trip to Parkhead on March 12.

But if they are not available until the end of the season, Rangers will happily wait for the right man and put a senior figure alongside Murty for the remainder of the season - and maybe even before the trip to Inverness on Friday night

Murty is highly regarded at Ibrox, but the club hierarchy are mindful of piling the pressure on him for longer than is absolutely necessary and maybe even compromising his fledgling coaching career.

Ideally, Rangers will appoint a director of football first and involve him in the coaching recruitment process, but that isn’t cast in stone.

Rangers are keen to stress the role of director of football in the management structure they favour will have no direct influence on first team affairs.

He will be tasked with overseeing all football operations, which includes sports science, recruitment, youth development and scouting.

Rangers also aim to appoint a head of recruitment in the coming weeks, but that’s a role in which the new director of football will have a significant imput.

See when it comes to the time that King and Co are found out and hounded out of our Club and told never to set foot in Ibrox again,  I certainly hope that the fans make it clear to the likes of Chris Graham,  Dingwall, Craig Houston and the rest of them that they are to fuck off too and not come back as they are as complicit as the board

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 8:56 AM, K.A.I said:

it's win win 

it's so obvious 

This is exactly how it'll play out, the Board will either champion themselves as visionaries if this is a success or lay the blame on the DoF for the failure, it's all about buying time.

On 21/02/2017 at 9:21 AM, Gandhi1872 said:

They are also just taking their time to get the Nomad in Get the shares back on a share trading site ect ect.

On 21/02/2017 at 3:51 PM, Willis said:

See when it comes to the time that King and Co are found out and hounded out of our Club and told never to set foot in Ibrox again,  I certainly hope that the fans make it clear to the likes of Chris Graham,  Dingwall, Craig Houston and the rest of them that they are to fuck off too and not come back as they are as complicit as the board

Agree just as Guilty.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Agree just as Guilty.

More than guilty mate as they purposely led fellow fans down a wrong road for their own benefit.  King and every other millionaire can pull out at any point and we all know that, but these so called fans reps know what each and every one of us go thru every day and still put themselves before the club. The vast majority of the folk that back them are innocent but ignorant. But the leaders like Dingwall cg and ch are a shower of traitors who should be shown the door along with the board