Unexpectedly bumping into a Ranger

On 2/22/2017 at 1:15 PM, Bellshill_Bear said:

Literally just bumped into Barry Ferguson in morrisons. I was trembling like a wee lassy ?

Was he in the cereal aisle?

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-stars-must-realise-how-9788375

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Met Charlie Miller once or twice.

Was at the Christmas shows at George Square one year, and Arthur Numan helped my gran and wee brother off the merry go round.

Met his brother with his young son at a bus stop after a game ... good to see the wee man is being brought up supporting uncle Charlie's team :-) 

4 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

If you've ever been to an away game in the central belt, you've probably met Novo and if you've ever been to the Ibrox Bar in Tenerife, you've definitely met Goram.

I met most of the first team - swapped pleasantries and got a picture - at the 2013/14 end-of-season charity ball.

I also seen Little, Perry, Rory Loy and Andrew Shinnie in Ibiza five or six years ago. It was the summer we were relegated to the Third Division. At Café Mambo and Pacha, to use examples, we seen Halliday (I'm not sure who he was with), Snodgrass and McGeady sitting in private areas while Perry and Little (The other two weren't our problem) were rolling around the West End (Ibiza's Magaluf) inhaling laughing gas and getting drunk on €1 shots sold by Essex geezers. It was their summer, their time to do as they please, but it just didn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, I was blazing and was dabbling in the odd narcotic, so I don't want to seem hypocritical, but I just didn't expect Rangers players to act like that. It set the tone for that season and that period for me, to be honest.

Non-Rangers related, I said "hello" to Colin Calderwood in the Emirates Lounge at Manchester airport as he made an espresso and I filled my plate with anything I could get my hands on. I'm not sure why I said it, to be honest. It wasn't until we were standing next to each other that I realised who he was.

I've got a similar story mate and I definitely agree about the getting fucked up beyond all recognition part. In fact you might be able to relate to it if you know the current owner of the Ibrox Bar, Georgie Mac, I'm good pals with his son also George and Shelly as well. I worked for them one summer when they owned the Cally Bar on the strip. Charlie Adam was in every night for two weeks, this is while he was with us, and I kid you not he got absolutely upside down drunk every night. Let's just say if I had a contract earning 6-8 grand a week with the Famous, I'd like to think I'd be getting every sinue out of myself to make me the best I could possibly be. Maybe that's naive of me! 

18 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

I've got a similar story mate and I definitely agree about the getting fucked up beyond all recognition part. In fact you might be able to relate to it if you know the current owner of the Ibrox Bar, Georgie Mac, I'm good pals with his son also George and Shelly as well. I worked for them one summer when they owned the Cally Bar on the strip. Charlie Adam was in every night for two weeks, this is while he was with us, and I kid you not he got absolutely upside down drunk every night. Let's just say if I had a contract earning 6-8 grand a week with the Famous, I'd like to think I'd be getting every sinue out of myself to make me the best I could possibly be. Maybe that's naive of me! 

Aye, I know what you mean.

You don't want to judge them too much, but a professional footballer can't be drinking every single night, getting blind drunk.

19 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Gordon Durie was next to me in the West Stand at Hampden the day the taigs beat us in the league cup final - think it was 2009'ish.

I met Gordon Durie at Gatwick when he played for Chelsea, I said are you waiting for Souness, he said I wish to fuck I was but i'm looking for my wife.

Was coming out Cambridge Street car park and an older guy and his Mrs held the door open for me &  wife - if it wasnt Mr Greig!!

Met  big Dado, what a gentleman he was too. Used to see quite a few of the players kicking about Milngavie - Michael Ball, Charlie Adam ( usually in the bookies).

bumped into Lovenkrands in petrol station in Bearsden on morning after helicopter sunday - he was buying up all the newspapers. I said that was something else yesterday and he looked a bit anxious at first then he realised i was a happy bear and he relaxed - was always a bit of a shitbag though....ha ha. No wonder with some of the wallopers running about Glasgow

On 23/02/2017 at 3:46 PM, RFC Eagle said:

You really are an absolute roaster. The boy never 'strutted' about anywhere. You are obviously a halfwit who has no clue. 

I don't think you'll be around too long though, theres something that reeks about you.

Well he was certainly strutting about that day, no doubt swanning in and out of the designer clothes shops spending easy money taken right out of our struggling club at the time.

But your ok with that and no doubt your still ok with the current situation that has reared up, and I'm the halfwit roaster that reeks.

Away and put yer self in a hot scalding bath ya dirty mhanky clhatty fenian bastard. Die.