A distant 3rd looks achievable

Barbarrosa

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can at least win our home games, then 3rd is possible.  We lost to bottom team in league, yes, TBH though, there is little between all of the other teams, behind scum. Motherwell excepted maybe.No surprise for us to lose to anyone now.  We have shown we are only Rangers in name. Get through it and roll on next season.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

We desperately need an interim manager as not one player will ever respect Murty after the back flick / thing or whatever it was. We need a leader on the touchline to install some confidence in the team and to install some leaders on the pitch. 

I agree.   The problem seems to be that Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board either see it very differently and are prepared to let Murty and Mr (or maybe Mrs) Invisible Assistant carry on for a while longer or they are not able to find a suitable person to take over as interim pending DOF and Head Coach appointments.  

It might have been better to have appointed Wallace as interim caretaker (I think he has his coaching certs) as he should know the first team squad a whole lot better than Murty and may have been able to lead it better than Murty has done.   That's a punt I know and clutching at straws but if the Board can not or will not appoint a better qualified interim while still mucking about with a DOF and Hd Coach selection process then its the only other straw I can think of clutching that might help rescue things a bit.

Grinds me knowing that for all our faults, we're 9 behind the sheep. We have a better team.  

Makes little difference between 2nd and 4th given what we set out for nor does it matter long term (they know it's just a matter of time before they are back fighting for 3rd)... but it is the principle. 

The board really have let us down the past few weeks. 

33 minutes ago, one55 said:

9 points behind the sheep and 33 behind the bheasts.

:headwall: but aw naw lets be happy we might still yet getting into the fucking europa league ffs.

Agree m8, reluctantly. Wish I can share in this optimism, but we need a million chances to score a single goal and the team couldn't defend if their families' lives depended on it. This has been ongoing for ages now with no signs of abating, so colour me old and more than slightly disillusioned. Would love to see the team pull a barge load of magical rabbits oot their arses to suddenly fix all this, but imo we'll be damned lucky to finish third given what's been on show.

12 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

2nd is possible, Sheeperdeen aren't very good. If we get a half decent manager in soon we could start to win a few games. I'd say it's 50-50 that we'd finish 2nd.

Honestly, you're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. No chance in hell are we catching them. We're in free fall, half the players will be pissed off at the way MW was treated (bearing in mind the Brentford connection with a lot of them) and have probably stopped trying. I just don't see us being consistent enough to make back the points, the gap is only going to widen before the season ends.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We'll be out of any Europa qualifiers before I've got my summer sunburn.

That's pretty much the crux of it, the club might get a couple of home games for some extra cash but unless there's some major change in playing staff and management, we'll do nothing. 

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I actually think the board would see 3rd place as an achievement & that they have hit their target for the season... European participation for next season! Shambles!!

If we fail to get 2nd, that is how they will sell the season. Next season 2nd will be an improvement and that will be the target then. 2nd. 

16 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

If we fail to get 2nd, that is how they will sell the season. Next season 2nd will be an improvement and that will be the target then. 2nd. 

You're right, which is a complete embarrassment! 

On a side note, were you in the Ibrox Bar for the game last night? Here on holiday with the family so was in for it! 

8 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

You're right, which is a complete embarrassment! 

On a side note, were you in the Obrox Bar for the game last night? Here on holiday with the family so was in for it! 

It is mate but you just know what's coming. 

I came back to Scotland last week, i will be out in a few weeks again though. I'm closer to the Bluebell but do love the Ibrox Bar and their sing songs!  :thumbup: 

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

You know what mate you're right. Never thot about it that way and it's terrifying. 

They'll give it "at least we're not in third place"

And before you know it it'll be "at least the pedophiles haven't got 20 in a row"

We can't wait till summer it'll be too late by then imo.