Last throw of the dice for the board

MacBoyd

5 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I don't get the McInnes one any decent manager would have won the league last year after all we put timmy out the cup with the defence that hibs had no problem with in the final ... not to mention he's nearly 30 points behind them at the moment 

They lost 4 games.

He beat them twice in 90 minutes.

It's a myth how bad they were last season. They had 17 midfielders on their books. McInnes was always one injury away from catastrophe.

Can't be serious with the 30 points behind them at the moment? His entire senior wage bill is £1.8m, he's spent 175k on 1 player in 5 years and they train in local parks. How close do you think he'd get us with 6 times those resources, a transfer budget and training facilities? Still my choice above anyone just now.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail.

Read the quotes not the headlines, we are on track to spend 30m in 4 years.

I think you need to re-read what he says which is 'probably' 50 over 4 years.

Incidentally that quote was made just about 3 years ago and we've spent 18 and the club is no where near competitive unless it's for 2nd ?

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Mate we're 2 years in and King's spent 18 million - his words, a couple of weeks ago.
Of the 18 million his figure included his share purchase/s to gain control - Robertson, his words, a few days ago.

We aren't on track to spend 30 million in 4 years in the sense of "we" being Rangers and investing to get us back where we belong (again King's words) - let alone 50. 

Scarily we're just about 3 years in from that quote.

8 hours ago, danger ranger said:

The only people who gamble are losers down to their last quid or people that can afford to lose the money, it's plain to see what group this board belong to.

Can't disagree.

It is the last throw of the dice for the board I think, but even if it's a monumental disaster I'm not sure how we could possible force them out, and then who would replace any of them. There's hardly a line of wealthy billionaire sugar daddies waiting in the wings. 

21 hours ago, jackunion said:

"The board must go"

aye cause it's that easy

people that think boardrooms have revolving doors on them and staff can come and go like managers and players need to fucking wake up

It would just be nice if King came occasionally 

21 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Aye sack the board and get who in?

incase people forgot there wasn't exactly a que of money men wanting to plough money into us.

You don't have to be s millionaire to be chairman or chief executive 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Mate we're 2 years in and King's spent 18 million - his words, a couple of weeks ago.
Of the 18 million his figure included his share purchase/s to gain control - Robertson, his words, a few days ago.

We aren't on track to spend 30 million in 4 years in the sense of "we" being Rangers and investing to get us back where we belong (again King's words) - let alone 50. 

I'm not sure what your expecting from them. 

So far he hasn't lied about the 30m figure, I'd get the point if it was after the period he's talking about. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Can't disagree.

It is the last throw of the dice for the board I think, but even if it's a monumental disaster I'm not sure how we could possible force them out, and then who would replace any of them. There's hardly a line of wealthy billionaire sugar daddies waiting in the wings. 

Well at least you see the reality of the situation, but the comment on not being able to oust King when the last board were voted out is not strictly true, and if the rumour of an Ashley bid backed by a quote from Llambias a week earlier could hold water then who knows. But the reality is the board are gambling like a man down to his last quid with an eye on the fans money to bale them out, cheeky bastards.

7 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I'm not sure what your expecting from them. 

So far he hasn't lied about the 30m figure, I'd get the point if it was after the period he's talking about. 

I'm expecting him to invest 30-50 million on the team getting us back where we belong like he promised. 

So far he's spent 18 million including the millions he spent on shares that's a fact and flies in the face of his promises. He's been here almost 3 years. Do you think he'll spend it all next season or something? 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You don't have to be s millionaire to be chairman or chief executive 

You do need to be appointed by the shareholders - in the main - the Ines with the clout - are all millionaires. Kings not going to oust himself I suspect. 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You do need to be appointed by the shareholders - in the main - the Ines with the clout - are all millionaires. Kings not going to oust himself I suspect. 

Is Stewart Robertson a millionaire? 

Agree that King won't oust himself. He's here for keeps unless someone provides mega money to buy him out including his 20 million from a few years ago.

Laudrup1690 is basically saying that the chairman and chief executive have to be millionaires who buy the players themselves. John McClelland and Alastair Johnson didn't buy us players so I'm not sure what his point is. We need a good few million invested in that team, the outright XI for top class players to compete. King promised that. If he doesn;t fufill the promises then he has to go but I agree it's not that simple - if he doesn't go then it has to come at an AGM hopefully enough fans have woken up by then provided there's a suitable alternative candidate running. Whether there is or not is a different matter. 

11 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I think you need to re-read what he says which is 'probably' 50 over 4 years.

Incidentally that quote was made just about 3 years ago and we've spent 18 and the club is no where near competitive unless it's for 2nd ?

Didn't Robertson confirm the £18m to date included DK's share purchase?

FFS, I can't honestly believe some are trying to say we are on track with the investment. ???

King said 30mill of his own money with another 20mill from fellow investors over 4 years. 

So far we have around 4mill from him and around 9mill from the others after 2 years and the investment was meant to be front loaded. 

The board also said they went above the intended investment for this year to please Warburton in the summer, so even less was meant to be spent up to this point. 

So aye we are well on track with the investment. ????

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Is Stewart Robertson a millionaire? 

Agree that King won't oust himself. He's here for keeps unless someone provides mega money to buy him out including his 20 million from a few years ago.

Laudrup1690 is basically saying that the chairman and chief executive have to be millionaires who buy the players themselves. John McClelland and Alastair Johnson didn't buy us players so I'm not sure what his point is. We need a good few million invested in that team, the outright XI for top class players to compete. King promised that. If he doesn;t fufill the promises then he has to go but I agree it's not that simple - if he doesn't go then it has to come at an AGM hopefully enough fans have woken up by then provided there's a suitable alternative candidate running. Whether there is or not is a different matter. 

An agm vote doesn't mattter without the shareholder clout to beat kinG and the other board members -50000 fans could be against king but there is nothing an agm will achieve without shares. 

Anyway here's hoping they get it right! 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

An agm vote doesn't mattter without the shareholder clout to beat kinG and the other board members -50000 fans could be against king but there is nothing an agm will achieve without shares. 

Anyway here's hoping they get it right! 

I know