LiviGer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

To be fair mate, at the time I wanted PLG gone and so did nearly everyone else I know 

As captain he should have been helping the guy adapt and supporting him in public. It was a circus if I mind right,and a lot of that should have been kept behind closed doors. Great player for us,particularly in his first spell,but I wouldn't want him near the club,the same way I wouldn't want an Andy Goram coaching

I would like to see someone from a Rangers background with a good coaching record as our new assistant manager but honestly can't think of one with a decent coaching record . I would take Miller on as a player/ coach as his first step into management but not as assistant manager. 

6 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I would like to see someone from a Rangers background with a good coaching record as our new assistant manager but honestly can't think of one with a decent coaching record . I would take Miller on as a player/ coach as his first step into management but not as assistant manager. 

As you alude to, first and foremost you need a coach who is good at what he does and fit's in with how the new manager wants to operate. If an ex-Rangers player fit's the bill, great. If not, then no.

Sadly due to McCoist and the previous regime of former Rangers players who came in as coaches at various levels it means we will be highly suspect of them getting gigs here.

The worry being if one came in and done a good job like Ally in a lesser role then they get the job and make a cunt of it. Or they come in and don't really excel at their role like Durrant and others. 

I suppose it's the same no matter who comes in as there are no guarantees, the same people will moan if it's a former player as it being jobs for the boys and others will moan it's someone who doesn't have a clue what the club means. 

I'd not be against Barry as it happens, it might be good to have a former captain in the dugout and one who's done some time at other clubs in various roles. Ideally I'd rather the manager pick his people though as then at least he would trust them and they would work well together.

As for Pedro in the dugout in Sunday....nah. He will have a day at most to get to know the players and it would just be a pointless exercise. Murty should be there given he has prepared them for the game all week. 

And that is why Barry Ferguson will never be Rangers manager. I love his passion and commitment, but throwing Pedro into this game would be foolish. As @.Williamson. says - I hope the players know he's watching and know they're playing for a place in his future starting 11, because they don't seem to be able to raise their game for the fans - let's see if they can do it for themselves. 

Got fed up after the first few paragraphs, but I do agree.

If he wants to be in the dugout he should be, doesnt need to have picked the team but may be able to influence the game tactically as it progresses...after all thats what we've been misssing.

25 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'm not saying he's a great coach.

He's obviously not and the idea that he should be on the Rangers staff because a Daily Record ghost-writer can make him sound good in a column is potty. If he were to put together a decent CV as a coach instead of working for the media, he may be able to credibily apply.

He was at the very heart of the toxicity that wasn't prepared to work for the last foreign manager to come to Rangers. The only argument I can think of having him involved now, is to prevent him being on the outside helpng the toxic Radio Scotland and Daily Record peddle a negative narrative that tries to get Pedro binned before he gets a proper chance,....not much of an argument, is it ?.....Especially since as a Rangers player, Ferguson was on the phone to Radio Synde and Iain King before he left Auchenhowie that infamous day, back in 06/07.

It wasn't only PLG that took the captaincy away from Ferguson. The man belting Durranty round the lug, Walter Smith did so as well. 

Great player he was, he isn't the man we need or should want at Ibrox/Auchenhowie.

He hasn't the competence, nor is he the type of character we need.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

He's obviously not and the idea that he should be on the Rangers staff because a Daily Record ghost-writer can make him sound good in a column is potty. If he were to put together a decent CV as a coach instead of working for the media, he may be able to credibily apply.

He was at the very heart of the toxicity that wasn't prepared to work for the last foreign manager to come to Rangers. The only argument I can think of having him involved now, is to prevent him being on the outside helpng the toxic Radio Scotland and Daily Record peddle a negative narrative that tries to get Pedro binned before he gets a proper chance,....not much of an argument, is it ?.....Especially since as a Rangers player, Ferguson was on the phone to Radio Synde and Iain King before he left Auchenhowie that infamous day, back in 06/07.

It wasn't only PLG that took the captaincy away from Ferguson. The man belting Durranty round the lug, Walter Smith did so as well. 

Great player he was, he isn't the man we need or should want at Ibrox/Auchenhowie.

He hasn't the competence, nor is he the type of character we need.

My point is just because someone is a bad manager doesn't necessarily mean they cant be a good assistant.

Look at McCoist for example, 3 league titles, various cups and a European final as an assistant but an absolute bombscare as a manager.

I personally wouldn't be against Ferguson coming in as I think people like him who understand what's required at Rangers are seriously lacking at our club just now.

Get this guy in for pre match..  seriously his affection for Rangers and desire to beat all things taig would wake this shower up.

these guys need motivation and who better than Ferguson?.  It wouldn't undermine the manager. Get tactics out the road then fire these cunts up and get imus a much needed win

9 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

My point is just because someone is a bad manager doesn't necessarily mean they cant be a good assistant.

Look at McCoist for example, 3 league titles, various cups and a European final as an assistant but an absolute bombscare as a manager.

I personally wouldn't be against Ferguson coming in as I think people like him who understand what's required at Rangers are seriously lacking at our club just now.

Let him go somewhere else and demonstrate that he is a good coach.

If he can put together an excellent CV together over a decent time period then he could apply.

I wouldn't have him regardless for some of the other reasons I mention but that's only my opinion.....but it is based on something more solid than Barry's coaching credentials (at this moment in time).

8 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Get this guy in for pre match..  seriously his affection for Rangers and desire to beat all things taig would wake this shower up.

these guys need motivation and who better than Ferguson?.  It wouldn't undermine the manager. Get tactics out the road then fire these cunts up and get imus a much needed win

You'd have to bring in the Daily Record ghost-writer as well.

I think we could do a lot worse than bring Barry in as assistant. The guy knows what its all about to play for Rangers and we need someone like that around the club. Yes he led the revolt against PLG but I would have hoped he has matured from that. If he does want to be Rangers manager one day he has to show that hes matured from that.

8 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Aye. Cos fergie would act like a quiet wee boy in that dressing room.   What a shit reply

Shouting only goes so far and is having increasingly less effect in the modern game.

You need to be able to back it up on the training pitch.

There is a balance to be had and bottomline, the new manager should be able to pick or have a significant input into who joins him on the bench. 

Having watched an interview with Pedro, I don't think he'll be a shrinking violet himself and his English is excellent. 

It's ironic seeing so many being in part wooed by a column in the Daily Record.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

As captain he should have been helping the guy adapt and supporting him in public. It was a circus if I mind right,and a lot of that should have been kept behind closed doors. Great player for us,particularly in his first spell,but I wouldn't want him near the club,the same way I wouldn't want an Andy Goram coaching

Ever thought he tried to help n it wasn't taken?

Ferguson was right with PLG and was proven as they went unbeaten the rest of the season after he left.