LiviGer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Throwing yourself in at the deep end in an away fixture to the league leaders without knowing the team or the opposition or the occasion could easily blow up in his face. Bullfighters take calculated risks. This would not be a calculated risk, it would be like walking into a bullring with your eyes shut.

Its a foolish suggestion from Ferguson, who sounds like he is getting egged on by his paymaster to try and invent a story for Sunday.

Each manager will have his own approach to how to deal with big stress right at the start of a job.    I'll respect any decision to either be part of the dressing room but in the background or just in the stand watching how the game unfolds, or not at the game at all and take the reins on Monday.   His choice.

Mine would be to be part of the dressing room before the game then watch it from the stand.   Reason - I'd want to see exactly how each player, and the team collectively, deals with what is the biggest football occasions and more so because of the stresses of this season.  I'd want to directly observe on how they seem to deal with it and to start to make assessments about what will be needed to generate the attitudes, preparation and behaviours he'd want to see in future dressing rooms.   Knowing the baseline via first hand observation should provide valuable insight into what adjustments are needed.    He doesn't have to say anything or do anything other than directly observe, and make it clear that all calls are Murty's.   Murty has nothing to lose in this - he is to be applauded for taking on a tough role in difficult circumstances.    He need not feel he's being overshadowed or 2nd guessed or anything like that if Pedro makes it clear he is just there to observe and if anything give a general word of encouragement.   But each to their own and if he felt it was better to stay away until Monday or just watch from the stand then fine by me.  It's his call.  

Personally, the sooner he is seen to stand side by side with his troops and to get a first hand feel for what is needed in games like this the better.    But only if its in his managerial nature to want to get involved right from the moment he arrives. 

I wouldn't want Pedro taking charge of the game on Sunday without having had at least a full weeks preparation with the team to get to know them and understand them as a team. With him being in the stand to watch the game is the best thing for him to take in the atmosphere and soak in how much this game means and see the team play for the first time. 

5 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Aye nae chance wee Bazza wrote that ! ????and even if he did how can you take any of it serious, between him McCoist and others all bumping their gums its a fuckin pantomime ! 

image.gif

Was just wondering that myself, "who the fuck actually writes that pish he puts his name to?"

Some of it is so poorly written it reminds me of Chick Young.

5 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Aye nae chance wee Bazza wrote that ! ????and even if he did how can you take any of it serious, between him McCoist and others all bumping their gums its a fuckin pantomime ! 

image.gif

Oh no it's not

Just now, harlands plater said:

Was just wondering that myself, "who the fuck actually writes that pish he puts his name to?"

Some of it so poorly written it reminds me of Chick Young.

Wee chick would probably be the lesser of the evils because it could be any of them that does the ghost writing, unfortunately some of ours have let the likes of guidi and others like him do it for them, they fall into the trap of thinking that these people are doing it for them through professionalism but really in the last approx 30 years since they have been infiltrating all media outlets in Scotland they have been doing it to influence public opinion against the people they are writing for and again unfortunately some of ours are not clever enough or maybe too greedy to want to see it ! 

image.gif

7 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Will the PC mob be attacking us now for having an ex- bull fighter on the payroll? :mutley:

I don't like it myself to be honest. Horrible sport. Sport played by and enjoyed by absolute cunts. 

This Pedro better be a good enough manager for a lot of different reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Another thing to worry about; supposing we beat the tarriers under McMurty. Pedro might wish he had a return ticket. That's the only reason he should maybe be in the dugout.

What kinda logic's that? 

9 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

Just had a thought what about Duncan Ferguson as assistant manager. He has been coach at Everton for a while now maybe ready to step up to an assistant now.

Would love tae see the big man in oor dugout owes a few cunts up here a doin, oor management let him down should've been backed a hunner per cent !

image.gif

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't like it myself to be honest. Horrible sport. Sport played by and enjoyed by absolute cunts. 

This Pedro better be a good enough manager for a lot of different reasons. 

Reminds  me of Spanish hotels, turn on the telly hoping for a bit of light entertainment to be hit with animal torture. Culture crossover eh? I don't understand what's happening.