Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Misteral said:

As soon as he said we have the best squad in Scotland I saw this kind of headline. It was nailed on. Wish he had just said our aim is to be......but so be it. Mind you, if we achieve our two targets over the next two months he might have an argument . :happy:

I'm surprised they never ran with the not needing king headline, fully expected that we'd be reading how he called out dave in his first press conference and sources claim they don't see eye to eye 

7 minutes ago, jim89 said:

Unfortunately for Pedro, because his English is not 100% perfect, this shit is going to happen all the time.

Fortunately for Pedro no one worth giving a fuck about cares what the Daily record says. 

Be interesting to see how things pan out with him and the (allegedly) media in this country. 

5 hours ago, MisterC said:

I will be first in line tomorrow at the paper shop to get my copy. I can't wait to see what Keith Jackson has to say about it all, going by the back page he looks to have written a belter of a column

Are you for real????  

I took it as meaning as far as he is concerned, whatever squad he works worth, they are his and so he thinks of them as "the best".

Not a mention of European trophies so once the full article is posted we can see if there are any quotes.

Daily Record at it again.

But helping Brendan Rodgers to arrest the decline in the country’s coefficient is one thing. Making first day mission statements about winning European trophies is quite another.

Caixinha started it all by stating his ultimate intention is to make Rangers ‘an even bigger club than already is’.

He went on: “To try and achieve something that maybe we haven’t achieved. To try and give a stability to the club in all levels, in all structures. And to get it on the way in order to be unstoppable.

READ MORE

Dave King and Pedro Caixinha not having spoken is no big deal, says Stewart Robertson

“This is for sure the biggest club in Scotland. I want to help them come back in this situation and go from there.”

A little later Caixinha was asked to revisit this particular statement and to be more specific about this new level of target achievement.

He said: “We are talking about trophies. We are talking about European trophies. It will take time, for sure, but at this level you need to set goals up high. If you set them low it’s not enough.

“But they need to be realistic at the same time.”

And when asked again if he thought it was realistic for Rangers to be setting their sights on two of the most sought after trophies in club football - the Champions League and Europa League - Caixinha, once again, spoke with a lot more sense and a lot less hubris.

Pedro Caixinha prepares to take his first news conference since being named Rangers manager

He nodded: “It’s going to take time to arrive there but it’s important to know you are following those goals. “At this time, I agree, it’s not realistic. But we need to set targets which are realistic and ambitious at the same time.”

Time will tell if Caixinha’s ambition was simply getting the better of his realistic side. But the logic behind the messages he was sending out yesterday remained constant none-the-less.

He expects to do big things here. He trusts in his ability to succeed. And he wants his new players to feel the same way.

“I’m not a magician, I’m a football coach, “ he said without realising the irony of his words, coming from the successor to a man who was once regarded as some sort of sorcerer.

“I need to implement things and maybe to work more than in a normal situation but I have no problem with that because I love my work and I’m passionate about it.”

Looks like the comments come from the press interview which differs from those we've had access to. Direct comments are attributed to him.

Still don't think at any time he's said a realistic target is to win a European trophy, think that's more an aspirational and motivational goal he's alluding to.

Certainly not the headline maker Jackson makes out on the back page.

Why does our club continue to allow these cunts into our press conferences ? They will probably still write their fenian propaganda but at very least next time they turn up at the front door tell em to fuck off... papist rhag.....be aswell reading a tarriers blog same shite in it. Any bear who buys that garbage must be aff their heed. A really despise these twisted tarrier fickwits who have managed to get themselves into powerful positions in msm, councils and fucking government! Countries fucked until we take it back .!