Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte appears in Aberdeen court over fraud and payments charges

Smile

P-ff0f3bac-da89-4366-92d5-d62efe8de306-6  giphy.gif

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1198414/former-rangers-owner-craig-whyte-appears-aberdeen-court-fraud-payments-charges/

Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte will go on trial next month over an alleged fraudulent takeover of the Ibrox club.

The 45-year-old appeared in Aberdeen Sheriff Court yesterday to face two charges – one of fraud and a second allegation under the Companies Act.

The first accusation claims Mr Whyte obtained a “majority and controlling stake” in Rangers “by fraud”.

The charge dates are between May 2010 and May 2011, listing various locations including Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park as well as “addresses meantime unknown” in Monaco and France.

It is alleged Whyte and his representatives pretended to then Rangers owner Sir David Murray and others that “funds were available” to make all stipulated payments.

The second charge under the Companies Act centres on an £18m payment in connection with the takeover.

Mr Whyte was once again represented by Donald Findlay QC. Alex Prentice QC is now heading the prosecution team in the case.

He will appear at Glasgow High Court on Tuesday, April 18 to face trial for the charges.

24 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He's a cunt of the highest order but why Lloyds and SDM have never been interrogated over their due diligence skills makes my blood boil. 

Its the way society is, i suppose. The higher up the food chain you are the more you get away with. 

Cause the lloyds chairman was a founding member of the timmigrant club supporters club.

Hope he loses half his dick in a fishing accident and then afterwards when the doctors can't fix it he has a lot of pain when getting an erection, so much so that he starts punching it and screaming in agony coz the meats trying too expand out the foreskin but it can't therefore it just feels absolute agony, he goes through this for years until ultimately blows his brains out wi a shotgun, this doesn't work obviously and lives his last few years as a cabbage before getting continually banged by medical staff Kill bill style 

48 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Fuck Donald Findlay aswell turncoat scumbag bastard

Been raised before here. As far as I know, QCs get allocated cases and do not have a say in which cases they get. As Findlay no longer has any interests in rangers, then there is no conflict.

Can anyone with greater legal knowledge than me confirm or deny this please?

27 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Hope he loses half his dick in a fishing accident and then afterwards when the doctors can't fix it he has a lot of pain when getting an erection, so much so that he starts punching it and screaming in agony coz the meats trying too expand out the foreskin but it can't therefore it just feels absolute agony, he goes through this for years until ultimately blows his brains out wi a shotgun, this doesn't work obviously and lives his last few years as a cabbage before getting continually banged by medical staff Kill bill style 

You have some very serious anger issues mate :-) :-)

6 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Been raised before here. As far as I know, QCs get allocated cases and do not have a say in which cases they get. As Findlay no longer has any interests in rangers, then there is no conflict.

Can anyone with greater legal knowledge than me confirm or deny this please?

Somrthing like that, Findly hasn't won a decent case in years lol so who gives a fuck 

36 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Fucking Aberdeen. Why??? Would have been as well taking 15 folk from the home support at the piggery and putting them in as the jury.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He's a cunt of the highest order but why Lloyds and SDM have never been interrogated over their due diligence skills makes my blood boil. 

Its the way society is, i suppose. The higher up the food chain you are the more you get away with. 

This for me Murray not a stupid man and would not have been duped by Whyte.

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

:UK::bow::lol:

26 minutes ago, Smile said:

If he was trying buy a house or a car of DM you can bet there would have been checks to ensure the funds were actually there

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

He wasn't Smile . I have had a good conversation with someone in the know . You have to remember DM had up for sale for few years .

The enemies for me got their ideas within this time frame .

I hate DM like a passion for his neglect on the club we all love .

However . He was not duped by this little cunt . I hope shyte get's tortured to the highest degree of pain one day .

I would rip his heart out while still alive

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

wut?

You're being naive in the extreme here.