Club 1872 Meeting.

Smile

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

You obviously have not the first clue about the challenges semi-pro clubs face.

How many times does it take for you to comprehend that FO is NOT what I am advocating. The current Swansea model would be an ideal fit. The Supporters Trust hold 20% of the shares. This gives them a voice at the top level but gives the majority holder opportunity to invest significantly. I can't see why you think that FO has been suggested, by me, for Rangers.

The Highland League is a feeder league to the senior leagues (the SPFL) it is NOT a senior league (nor is its equivalent Lowland Leage).

I said that the 'Yanks Go Home' protests were not organised by a shareholding Fans group. You leapt to nonsense about individual shareholding fans, if you are unable to comprehend the difference then that is for you to deal with.

Rangers should never again be in the sole hands of a single owner. An owner that does not want to take account of the lifeblood of the club (as amply demonstrated since 2012) is not what is needed now or ever again.

You seem to be, continually, implying that FO is the only model I or SD support. Once you understand that is utterly incorrect you may be able to work out what it actually is I have been saying rather than what you think I am saying. I've used FO models to debate your assertions (erroneous assertions) but, once again, finally I do not advocate FO for Rangers. If thats what you believe you are completely wrong. 

What a supercilious attitude to take. I fully understand the problems faced by clubs, not just semi professional, not bankroled by Sky. I have never indicated otherwise. That is why I said that there are too many senior teams in Scotland. Dunferm;ine, Raith Rovers and East Fife could combine in the same way as the Inverness clubs.

I did not intend to imply that you suggested FO for Rangers althoiugh it could be taken that way; I meant that a section of our support did. Ther were many posts in the early days of RF along the lines of "The fans will own Rangers". Are you denying that a section of our support want this. At the time I asked TLT if RF would consider putting a cap on their shareholding. All I got in reply was OMOV.

As regards the Highland League, I duggest that you contact them as they say that they are "The most northerly senior football championship in Britain".

I would not be against fans having up to 10% shareholding. Anything above that, to my mind, is asking for trouble regarding further investment.

13 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

What a supercilious attitude to take. I fully understand the problems faced by clubs, not just semi professional, not bankroled by Sky. I have never indicated otherwise. That is why I said that there are too many senior teams in Scotland. Dunferm;ine, Raith Rovers and East Fife could combine in the same way as the Inverness clubs.

I did not intend to imply that you suggested FO for Rangers althoiugh it could be taken that way; I meant that a section of our support did. Ther were many posts in the early days of RF along the lines of "The fans will own Rangers". Are you denying that a section of our support want this. At the time I asked TLT if RF would consider putting a cap on their shareholding. All I got in reply was OMOV.

As regards the Highland League, I duggest that you contact them as they say that they are "The most northerly senior football championship in Britain".

I would not be against fans having up to 10% shareholding. Anything above that, to my mind, is asking for trouble regarding further investment.

Have you been involved with a semi pro club in any official capacity? You may think you know but the challenges are bigger than most could imagine. As for merging teams do you remember the problems Inverness had? 

Regionalising the lower leagues would be a much better solution and cause much less grief to fans of the clubs you mention. 

You have only in this reply indicated that you weren't addressing me over FO. Its hard not to imply things when you fail to contextualise your comments. Our support will have a range of opinions I never implied that I was representing anyones but my own. As for relying on TLT for a clear response then more fool you. Like a number of your responses to me, the answers given bear no relation to the points raised. I believe yours have more genuine motives than TLT.

I actually think we agree on more than it would appear. The central point being a credible fans group that is able (with no personal agendas) to represent the views of the fans directly to the Board. I believe that requires a structure that SD is best suited to provide support in achieving. The caveat being to be wary of relying on a single individual to represent that organisation.

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

So the latest experience from Club 1872 is as follows:

You can now opt in to win an Experience for the opportunity to meet and greet with Pedro and Andy at Murray Park on Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 12.30 pm along with a Club 1872 Board Director.

Experience consists of meeting with Pedro and Andy, being presented with a signed shirt, tour of the training ground and the opportunity to take photgraphs.

Please log in to your Club 1872 account to opt in.

Club 1872

Now, that's a great 'prize' for a member and is offered because Club 1872 sponsor the 2 individuals using members money. Why would there be any need for a Club 1872 Director to attend in place of a member. Once again, it goes to show how out of touch/incompetent the remaining 4 are. Absolutely no regard to the perception of how these things look. Also, why would I, as a member, want to attend alongside a Director rather than my Dad, brother, mate etc.

Ridiculous.

So chances are it be Houston who comes with you.

17 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

You can now opt in to win an Experience for the opportunity to meet and greet with Pedro and Andy at Murray Park on Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 12.30 pm along with a Club 1872 Board Director.

Experience consists of meeting with Pedro and Andy, being presented with a signed shirt, tour of the training ground and the opportunity to take photgraphs.

Club 1872

Now, that's a great 'prize' for a member and is offered because Club 1872 sponsor the 2 individuals using members money. Why would there be any need for a Club 1872 Director to attend in place of a member. Once again, it goes to show how out of touch/incompetent the remaining 4 are. Absolutely no regard to the perception of how these things look. Also, why would I, as a member, want to attend alongside a Director rather than my Dad, brother, mate etc.

Ridiculous.

Especially given who those remianing C1872 directors are. 

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Club 1872

Ridiculous.

The 1872 board seem oblivious to how out of touch with the members and the wider Rangers support (potential members), their recent actions  make them look . Either that or they just don't give a fuck how things are perceived by those looking from outside the inner circle . It's sad that once again the support get let down by those who claim to be looking after the interests of the fans .

Maybe one day the Rangers fan base will finally get the representation and voice that we deserve ,( although some might say we already have that through our general apathy ! ) We can only live and hope .

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Doesn't matter who they are tbh. It's the principle of it, not the personnel. 

I'd be willing to bet that this wouldn't have happened if the resignees and yourself were the 4 on the Board. Its everything to do with who the personnel are. Principle seems to mean 'me first' in their realm.

21 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Doesn't matter who they are tbh. It's the principle of it, not the personnel. 

You're looking at it all wrong.

Getting to meet Pedro, Andy and the added bonus Craig is 3 Rangers celebrities.

It's a free bonus ?

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Club 1872

Ridiculous.

Shocking!

Do the members know their money sponsors staff?

How much it costs?

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Yes it was all announced at the time. 

It's great thing for C1872 to do and gets money into the club 

Just curious, i thought the members money could only be spent on shares or projects. Surely this qualifies as neither.

4 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Some seem to think so.:headscratch: :lol:

All I want is a credible fans group that represents Rangers fans (RSCs, ST holders primarily), ideally with a share holding (10-20%), that has a meaningful dialogue with the Board and is run by people like D'Art, Eskbank and others with Rangers as their sole focus. Preferrably with help from an organisation with experience of the challenges of supporter engagement. 

I didn't think it was that difficult to understand?:headwall:

This to infinity and beyond. 

Its not asking much either, but we seem to fuck it up time after time. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Club 1872

Ridiculous.

Noticed that as well.

Of course it gives the winner a chance to meet face to face a real life hero the one and only true saviour of Rangers. 

I give you Craig Houston aka Sloth. 

5 minutes ago, thebooler said:

In what way does it get money into the club?

I don't think Esky will mind me answering this. 

Anyone or any company, organisation or supports bus/group, can sponsor a player. My local pub used to sponsor a player.

The money goes directly to the club to be used as they see fit, the exact same as your ST money. 

Its also a good way of getting the 1872 name out there, if we could just stop the idiots in charge making a cunt of it we might make some progress.