Big Wes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

His shot stopping ability is up there with the best. If he could be more commanding in his box and work on his distribution then we have a goalie to rival Goram, Klos and Shagger. 

Behave 

3 hours ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

His shot stopping ability is up there with the best. If he could be more commanding in his box and work on his distribution then we have a goalie to rival Goram, Klos and Shagger. 

Come aff it, his distrubution isnt an issue when ur asked to play out from the back its not easy when pressed & when he goes long there is no target man to hit so obviously its going to come back towards our back line. Shagger was prone to a good few mistakes yet he was still a top keeper... were all humans 

He's been outstanding whenever he has to make saves and just be a goalkeeper. Having him try to be Victor Valdes or Manuel Neuer and start off attacks and have him passing out all the time made him look poorer than he actually ever was.

Wes might be Warburton's Papac.

5 hours ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

McGregor not a great goalie in my opinion. Goram and Wattereus the best I've seen in my time watching Rangers. Klos was good but slightly overrated in my opinion. 

I like Wes and he was good today but he was only doing his job. None of his saves were spectacular and were ones you'd expect or at least hope your keeper to make. The best save of the match was Lewis v Garner or even the one Lewis made from Waghorn before Kenny scored his screamer

22 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I like Wes and he was good today but he was only doing his job. None of his saves were spectacular and were ones you'd expect your keeper to make. The best save of the match was Lewis v Garner or even the one Lewis made from Waghorn before Kenny scored his screamer

Thought his save down to his right was a brilliant save. Think he may have only got his thumb to it

2 hours ago, gsa said:

McGregor not a great goalie in my opinion. Goram and Wattereus the best I've seen in my time watching Rangers. Klos was good but slightly overrated in my opinion. 

:lol: 

That's ridiculous, Klos was so much better than Wattereus, Klos is the best keeper I've seen in Scotland.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That's ridiculous, Klos was so much better than Wattereus, Klos is the best keeper I've seen in Scotland.

It's not ridiculous. Wattereus kept Klos out of the team for a season.

Wattereus played for Holland. Klos was not a full international. 

You can certainly make arguments either way about who was better but using the word "ridiculous" is a bit stupid. 

13 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's not ridiculous. Wattereus kept Klos out of the team for a season.

Wattereus played for Holland. Klos was not a full international. 

You can certainly make arguments either way about who was better but using the word "ridiculous" is a bit stupid. 

Tbf, his first half season was good, the second not so much.

Klos' career was virtually finished after the injuries, also hard to be a full international being stuck behind Kahn.

Fair enough.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tbf, his first half season was good, the second not so much.

Klos' career was virtually finished after the injuries, also hard to be a full international being stuck behind Kahn.

Fair enough.

To have not even have had a single cap he must've been behind a few of them, although to be fair Germany have always had good keepers and plenty of depth. 

Seems like a decent guy Klos but he alpearwd happy to take his money and retire early to Switzerland and a life of skiing. Can't really blame him. 

Keepers and centre backs historically seem to be our strongest positions though. We always seem to conjure something in these areas, let's hope that continues this summer!

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

To have not even have had a single cap he must've been behind a few of them, although to be fair Germany have always had good keepers and plenty of depth. 

Seems like a decent guy Klos but he alpearwd happy to take his money and retire early to Switzerland and a life of skiing. Can't really blame him. 

Keepers and centre backs historically seem to be our strongest positions though. We always seem to conjure something in these areas, let's hope that continues this summer!

We've had some truly awful centre halfs in the last 10/12 years as well though

7 minutes ago, gsa said:

Until, we got demoted, I don't think I seen Celtic have a better keeper than us.

Goram is the best that I've watched over the years with Klos not far behind him , but Wattereus had the edge over both of them when it came to playing the ball with his feet .

Big Wes has proved to be a worthy Rangers keeper this season considering how poor we have been at the back at times and I think he's a lot better playing out from the back than some make out . A settled centre back pairing next season would also help him further improve but as things stand , I don't think Pedro will have any concerns over the goalkeeping position .

41 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Some of the saves he used to pull off for a keeper who was considered 'small' were nothing short of phenomenal.

Same goes for Goram who was just before my time. Also rate McGregor in the same bracket as the above two even though it pains me to say it.

Wes is a decent keeper but miles behind what we're used to IMO.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Still gives me the fear with the ball at his feet, but his shot stopping has kept us in a fair few games this season. 

Wee bit, but Matt Gilks reminded me of my skills.

and silky isn't the word?