Joe Dodoo - Rangers are better than the sheep

Took this from the BBC website. Apologies if posted elsewhere

Rangers proved they are better than Aberdeen, says Ibrox striker Joe Dodoo

Rangers striker Joe Dodoo says Sunday's 3-0 victoryproved his side are better than Aberdeen despite still trailing nine points behind them.

Dodoo scored Rangers' third as they hit the net three times in the closing minutes at Pittodrie.

The Ibrox side are in third place, behind champions Celtic and the Dons.

"We weren't surprised we beat them because we are better than them no matter what anyone says," he told Rangers' website.

"Sometimes we aren't winning games, but we do have more than them and, if we exploit the right spaces, do the right things and make the right decisions, play as a team and continue to work hard, we should be up there.

"I am happy because we got the three points and we hadn't won for a while and it was obviously brilliant to come on and score.

"But the most important thing was to get the points on the board."

Aberdeen had been on top in the second half before Kenny Miller struck the first of his two goals in the 79th minute.

Kenny Miller (left) scored twice for Rangers against Aberdeen at Pittodrie

However, Dodoo felt he had seen a way to change the game before he came on with 20 minutes left and went on to not only score but set up Kenny Miller for the second goal and strike the bar in the final seconds.

"For me watching the game, I could see what needed to change at that time of the game because I think we were really narrow and playing into their hands a little bit more," said the 21-year-old.

"All I had to do was just make the pitch bigger, just go wide and stay wide and if I made the pitch as big as possible then our midfielders could get on the ball and start moving the ball.

"That then would make it harder for them to get the ball off us because the gaps between us would become so big that they couldn't press us as much as they were.

"I knew I had to go on the pitch and exploit the spaces and, luckily, we did that and, within a five-minute spell, we beat them."

Only three of Dodoo's 19 appearances for Rangers since his summer move from Leicester City have not been from the substitutes' bench.

"You always have to be ready and if you are always ready then you will always perform, so I have to stick to my routine and continue to work hard," he said about his chances of becoming a regular starter.

He speaks quite well and seems a positive character. Has a bit of tactical nous and intelligence too. Hope he gets a chance

Ain't wrong, beat them at home and away. 

First away game was just complete unluckiness on our half and a wonder goal from a free kick that shouldn't have been separated the sides.

But ultimently the games mean nothing if we keep dropping points to County, Killie, Accies and Motherwell. 

The table does not lie, we are inconsistent , where as Aberdeen won 10 in a row at home and had not conceded a goal in 7 games of open play until Millers goal.

We are gonna finish third and unless we win the Scottish cup then they can say they finished 2nd etc , got to league cup final and could well be in Scottish cup final.

If we get the sheep in te final and beat them then we are the 2 ne best team if not we can't say we are better than them 

10 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Ain't wrong, beat them at home and away. 

First away game was just complete unluckiness on our half and a wonder goal from a free kick that shouldn't have been separated the sides.

But ultimently the games mean nothing if we keep dropping points to County, Killie, Accies and Motherwell. 

Beat them home and away yet we are 9 points behind them...

A bit naive making that statement,  as it's already been said the table does not lie and that's just the way it is.

That's the type of thing that could be pinned to the Aberdeen dressing room and help keep them focused.

I feel dodoo has been given a raw deal, and countless folk on here said he was shite for no good reason. Where that's come from I have no idea. As if our other players show consistency.

22 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Beat them home and away yet we are 9 points behind them...

Cause we've dropped 6 points to county and another 4 to Kilmarnock over the course of the season. That's just scratching the surface or our dropping points to smaller teams. 

If we took all 15 points from just those two teams we'd be in a completely different situation. That's the importance of these teams.

43 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Cause we've dropped 6 points to county and another 4 to Kilmarnock over the course of the season. That's just scratching the surface or our dropping points to smaller teams. 

If we took all 15 points from just those two teams we'd be in a completely different situation. That's the importance of these teams.

But we didn't....

If we beat every team we would be champions but we haven't. 

The table doesn't lie. When we go above them in the table then we can say we have been or are a better side. 

Killie beat us but they are not a better side, we are because we are above them in the table. That's how these things work.

At present we may well be as good as any team but its a waste of time because on paper, in the league, third is nowhere. Being so far behind Aberdeen on points tells us we are NOT better. Add to this that Hearts have replaced an ok manager with a nut-job and our position could have been even less certain. Waghorn making a song and dance that he is enjoying the hard work under Pedro... horseshit... if he likes hard work there was nobody stopping him all season putting in a decent shift. 

The new regime may give us a cup win but we will have to earn it with hard work and sacrifice. If Pedro can get these men to act like men and play like men then we will be some way to redeeming our season, but we are nothing at present.

On our day...fancy us to beat anyone in the league...but unfortunately this season...a severe lack of consistency has cost us.   Hopefully next season, we can restart and turn games that we are drawing this season into wins.  

You can imagine the abuse Jamie Walker would be getting on here if he said Hearts are a better team than us just because they've beaten us twice despite us being 11 points in front of them.

Dodoo is entitled to his opinion but points are definitive in this debate and Aberdeen have 9 more than us after 32 weeks of the Season.

We are better than them, the most likely outcome by the end of the season is 3 Rangers wins to Aberdeens 1 - with us having been the better side in the game we lost as well. However there's a gulf between the sides in terms of consistency, resilience and ability to roll over the cannon fodder of the league. That's why we're behind them.