***** The Official Rangers V Tarriers Match Thread *****

33 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Seen a bloke on twitter saying we should give them a Guard of Honour because "It's what Bill Struth would do" :lol:

I've got a guy on Facebook who has a few contacts at Rangers and he's online this morning raging because apparently this has actually been discussed. All part of building bridges.

I'd just like to say before the replies start coming, I don't believe it for a minute :lol:

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What rumours?

He's faked being injured before each old firm game. Refused to play before the semi as said he was injured. Just what folk have been saying on Twitter and a few of the group chats I'm in. 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

He's faked being injured before each old firm game. Refused to play before the semi as said he was injured. Just what folk have been saying on Twitter and a few of the group chats I'm in. 

Someone else on here mentioned this on Sunday night. Kiernan was accused of the same.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

If true, he's a fucking disgrace.

Found it strange my self that I can remember him missing two games and they were against them through injury.

I really don't know what the fuck the manager is going to do this weekend - there's not enough in the squad to pick 11 players you can trust to even fucking try, got to go at least a 4-4-2 or at least get more bodies in the middle of the park - but fuck knows, it's like trying to pick whether you want to munch a shite sandwich or munch a roll and shite

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I've got a guy on Facebook who has a few contacts at Rangers and he's online this morning raging because apparently this has actually been discussed. All part of building bridges.

I'd just like to say before the replies start coming, I don't believe it for a minute :lol:

Who is it that makes these types of decisions is it the Board or Robertson?

We need to decide if we are going to sit deep and compact and try and hit them on the counter or if we are going to try play higher up the pitch and press.

If we sit deep (which suits our slow centre backs) then we need pace on the wings and upfront to allow us to counter. Therefore, Garner shouldn't start and we need to play McKay and Dodoo on the wings from the start.

If we play higher up the pitch (I'd prefer it) then we need midfield energy which means no Halliday and perhaps starting with Holt, Hyndman and Windass. Foderingham would also have to play on the edge of his box to sweep up balls in behind our defence which is the real danger of playing a high line with the speed mismatch between the two teams.

I think we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As much as we need to bring in better talented footballers, we should also be looking to sign better athletes to help us compete as Aberdeen and Celtic are both bigger, faster and stronger than us currently.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm not too sure tbh mate, I'd imagine they would all be involved in discussions.

Surely they aren't that out of touch with the fans that they'd do that.

1 hour ago, the_r_sole said:

I really don't know what the fuck the manager is going to do this weekend - there's not enough in the squad to pick 11 players you can trust to even fucking try, got to go at least a 4-4-2 or at least get more bodies in the middle of the park - but fuck knows, it's like trying to pick whether you want to munch a shite sandwich or munch a roll and shite

Hill should be back at least, think we've missed him.

Isn't it only the side that they play after securing the league title that gives them a guard of honour? You don't get a guard of honour every single game until the end of the season.

Tying this in with another topic, I'd rather give them a guard of honour than re-sign Steven Naismith.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Why sign for a club like ours if you don't want to play in these games?

Oh that's right because they are money hungry shitebags. It's an absolute disgrace to the jersey if these cowards ever wear it again.

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Why sign for a club like ours if you don't want to play in these games?

Oh that's right because they are money hungry shitebags. It's an absolute disgrace to the jersey if these cowards ever wear it again.

Feels like the problem has spread maybe from one or two shitebags and it's effecting most of the squad. Be good if we could reset and start again. Like we have the mentality of a diddy team now.