Pedro Ashamed after Sunday

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I totally agree with you about Jim Stewart, and having him there would be invaluable right now. I'm concerned that no-one is really there who has the whole lot of experience of the club at that level.

I have the same concerns mate.

I just look at Stewart and see somebody who has been there through it all; the highest of highs and the absolutely lowest of lows and for Caixinha to make such a big deal over the need for a local assistant and then immediately dismiss somebody who to me looked like a near perfect candidate was something that really didn't sit too well with me.

Not everything needs to be an attempt to reinvent the wheel.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I have the same concerns mate.

I just look at Stewart and see somebody who has been there through it all; the highest of highs and the absolutely lowest of lows and for Caixinha to make such a big deal over the need for a local assistant and then immediately dismiss somebody who to me looked like a near perfect candidate was something that really didn't sit too well with me.

Not everything needs to be an attempt to reinvent the wheel.

Jim Stewart's record at the club is impeccable. I was very disappointed when we allowed him to go, and I think Caixhina made a mistake there.

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He's saying, and thus revealing, too much after games 

Almost like he has totally given up on his players, and making psuedo digs at them in public. Clearly, some players know they are on the way out and hence the "rift" - I don't expect results to be great in the last six, they will simply not try and tread water to avoid injury for their next move.

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Agreed, folk back then saw football as an alternate way to get out of the working environment and had a desire to succeed.  As Shanks said  "If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."  Now the 'hunger' appears to get rich, not to be first.   Watched a great show on Schumacker and what made the difference between a 'really good' driver and a 'truly great' driver and if came down to a desire and hunger, ingrained in the psyche to be a winner.  Not sure how or if we can ever instill that winning mentality in today's generation.  

Like you I am less than optimistic. 

The true greats of any sport have that hunger until the end regardless of riches, even at the end of his career Beckham still just wanted to play football, Henry and Davis at the snooker and Taylor at darts (incomparable with on the feld sporting greats) but the same bloody minded attitude was what made them winners.

10 hours ago, hammer time said:

the players should be ashamed when watching the video re-run when you watch mongo brown strolling about the centre of the park like he was something special that not one of them had the balls, anger, fire in the belly call it what you want to put in a challenge, leave the boot in and let him know he's not having it his own way, sure as fuck the likes of Ian Ferguson or Bomber Brown would have put the cunt in his place

Said the exact same when I was watching that dross. Almost threw something through the computer screen; was absolutely beelin at all the tippy-toe respect being shown that puffed up bawbag.

These players have chucked it Pedro needs money and a clearout as these guys are wanting to do the least they can as they stroll about enjoying the life of a footballer without putting in a shift on the Park.

British football/managers are miles behind most other leagues. Its no coincidence that every top manager in the premiership is from another country. The fact Pedro is ridiculed for explaining his tactics just shows how behind we are.

Pedro deserves at least a transfer window to get his own team together before he can really be judged. We've all been saying how shite these players all season so its hardly surprising that they are in fact shite, he's a manger not a miracle worker.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye the managers problem is because he didn't want a GK coach who was retiring :lol:

I know there were stories after it happened saying that Stewart might have been planning to retire anyway but is it a coincidence that there had been no mention of reports that the might have been happening until he was booted out of a job?

Ans don't get me wrong I don't think it's the sole problem, and I don't think anybody else is saying it is either, but it's one of a number of things that Caixinha has done since he came here that's made me frown and say hmmmm.

9 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Strange comment

I dont think so.

He seems to feel a need to tell everybody what he is trying to do - "We have a principle and this week I am going to work on it a lot – we call it the 10 second principle."

So he sends his team out without the first clue about how to do what he wants them to do - and then when they fail to execute his plan properly, he blames it on them "Caixinha doesn’t think it was his plan going into the 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat that was wrong but the way it was executed" and then he tells us that he is going to introduce a new principle AFTER the most important game left in our season.

If he wants to introduce this then thats his perogative, but all I want him to do is stop telling us whats wrong and what hasnt went well and do stuff that is going to work. When it works, he can talk about it to his hearts content but at the moment all he is doing is going public with his own failings and telling everybody what tactics he is trying to implement. Why go public with that?

36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I know there were stories after it happened saying that Stewart might have been planning to retire anyway but is it a coincidence that there had been no mention of reports that the might have been happening until he was booted out of a job?

Ans don't get me wrong I don't think it's the sole problem, and I don't think anybody else is saying it is either, but it's one of a number of things that Caixinha has done since he came here that's made me frown and say hmmmm.

He's the one who has came in and wanted a complete revamp in the training methods while bringing in Johansson while the past couple of managers have clearly preferred a long term employee of the club to be with them. I don't see the problem tbh, I don't think Jim Stewart is the issue, personally I don't think there is a major issue with the manager himself yet, although the way the team played on Sunday obviously gives him some blame to shoulder. 

I'd rather he came out and said he was ashamed than saying we were unlucky, that's the random nature of football. 

Just now, Smile said:

Calling supporters mongs and telling them they should read the Record.

Think about it.

If they want to have beast like digs at our manager after just 6 weeks without even having made a single signing and having only lost one game, but won't read past the first line in his interview then how can their opinion be taken seriously.

Not very supportive 'supporters', and there's plenty mongs in our fanbase.

Only need to browse some of the ridiculous threads with 'theories' that the players purposely chucked the game on Sunday to get a longer holiday or that Toral (of Barca, Arsenal and who played in LaLiga) feigned injury because he's afraid of Scott Brown. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Good article. I think he's spot on in the quotes below

"as a country I think we need to be a lot more open-minded than we are when it comes to outside influence in our game".

"in Portugal the analysis is much more analytical, whereas in Scotland we like the headlines and we like the soap opera".

" when a manager starts to talk about such subjects then I’m interested in what he has to say".

This whole 'stuck in the dark ages' shite does my head in.

PLG, Mowbray and Warburton, the 3 most 'modern' managers in Scoland recently, look how that turned out.  To completely turn around the culture of a club you need time and money, neither of those things are available to a Rangers manager.

Lets give the guy time to get his feet under the table before all the doom and gloom starts.

He's coming into a new culture and style of football and needs time. The team he has right now is baws and while I don't think PC's tactics were great on Sunday let's not forget this is the same squad of players that have been destroyed by a pish Hearts side twice this season.

PC should be judged from July on when we see what his team shapes up like.