Pedro Angry at Leaks

Guest Lloyd72

Just now, the_r_sole said:

I don't see any problems with those two having days off around their wedding, but it doesn't mean the whole squad should not have the preseason the manager wants

9 days is simply not enough

You hear talk of burn out from players who get far more time off than that

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cunts have been on holiday mode all season long.  If it's not true then the papers need taking to task over this as it's open season on Rangers but if it is true then it just shows how little said players care about their own careers- you'd think they'd want double efforts to give europa qualification the best possible chance.

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

I doubt weddings would have been planned for when players were told they would be playing

A 9 day break is simply too short.

It will do nobody any good to have players fucked before the end of October

They would of expected to be off I guess, unlucky for them the manager changed and we got one in who takes pre season more serious.

What would you do when we have important games on the 29th of June? 

Hearts took 24 days off last year and only had 13 days preparation. They were put out off a team from Malta and "assessed it as a huge mistake" 

6 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

they're not coming straight in to heavy fitness training, they have not been good enough this season and need to put some extra effort in to understand the new managers instructions.

would you prefer to give them weeks off and then get bumped out of europe to some team half way through their season and match sharp just so the players don't moan - they can get more time off if they finish higher in the league and don't have to go through all the qualifying rounds, that should be incentive enough to get their fingers out their arses

9 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

TBH, I agree it isn't but the timing of the tie is exceptional.

As for burn out, you need set alight first and this shower haven't struck a match yet. The sooner most are gone the better.

1 minute ago, the_r_sole said:

they're not coming straight in to heavy fitness training, they have not been good enough this season and need to put some extra effort in to understand the new managers instructions.

would you prefer to give them weeks off and then get bumped out of europe to some team half way through their season and match sharp just so the players don't moan - they can get more time off if they finish higher in the league and don't have to go through all the qualifying rounds, that should be incentive enough to get their fingers out their arses

I don't think giving them nine days off will lead to us finishing higher up the league though. And given the state of our team what makes you think we will go anywhere in Europe no matter how many days off?

I doubt any of all the new players we need will be signed in May

I'm no expert on this but the football calendar now spreads over 11 months of the year. most of us spread our holidays and days off. maybe that needs to happen more with footballers, particularly as we talk more about it being a squad game. There will maybe be times when a player gets a holiday during the season etc etc. I'm aware there are a huge number of pitfalls to do with playing your best players, staying at peak fitness, disrupting the flow, but injury and suspension does that anyway. In my opinion, we would probably be better having a shorter league campaign which finished earlier.

28 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I don't think giving them nine days off will lead to us finishing higher up the league though. And given the state of our team what makes you think we will go anywhere in Europe no matter how many days off?

I doubt any of all the new players we need will be signed in May

I think it's fairly clear to see that the players aren't good enough, fit enough, or have the ability to understand what the manager is asking of them - I don't see how sitting on their arses at home is going to improve any of those aspects.

Some of the top players in the world are playing 60 odd games a season, we played 50 games last season including the challenge cup and a cup final, so presumably will be less this season and there's not many internationalists in our squad these days who are playing an additional 10

8 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

I think it's fairly clear to see that the players aren't good enough, fit enough, or have the ability to understand what the manager is asking of them - I don't see how sitting on their arses at home is going to improve any of those aspects.

This too.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

LBH, at that point most should be on notice as they are just not good enough, but the timing of the tie makes it so that they will already know, or know that they are being lied to if being told to play for a spot next season. This lot couldn't step up to the first rung on a ladder far less a Euro tie and fear we will be humiliated. Not even money for new players can save us due to the timing. For me this tie is nothing more than an unecessay disruption to any rebuilding plans we have for next season. By the end of June most should have been hunted and on 1st July, new faces appearing, but we have this fake Euro dream fixture to fullfil and I doubt it will end well.

This is only a personal opinion but to my mind the results in the league next season, and our ability to be a credible title-challenger at this time next season outweigh by a distance I could not hope to measure any sort of progress in the Europa league games.     League results and league position at the end of next season is primary measure of where the team will be judged, and where Pedro will be judged.

For those reasons, if I were Pedro, I would be prioritising things so that a reasonable enough team could be fielded for the early Europa games and the rest are rested and resume with the sort of pre-season preparation programme that Pedro would want to apply as an ideal.    What that means is risk of course.  It means that players who have not had much game time this season ie Alnwick, Hodson, Bates, Kranjcar, Beerman, Wyndass, Dodoo are earmarked for the Europa games, with additions from the development side and from loan players returning and if they can progress through the early games then well and good and when the remainder of the first team squad has completed its pre-season stuff then the pool of players for later Europa games widens.   To attack 2 targets when one is fundamentally less important that the other means, imo, you split the resources and avoid an overload that would bring about a material risk to the ability to deliver the sort of improved league challenge we need to see next season.   It would not be acceptable to be looking back at events this time next season and bemoaning too much effort put into Europa games at the eventual expense of securing a vast improvement in league performances.  

I'm not Pedro though so I'll be interested to see how he handles the priorities and the resources.   And who he removes from Ibrox and who he brings in.

35 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I'm no expert on this but the football calendar now spreads over 11 months of the year. most of us spread our holidays and days off. maybe that needs to happen more with footballers, particularly as we talk more about it being a squad game. There will maybe be times when a player gets a holiday during the season etc etc. I'm aware there are a huge number of pitfalls to do with playing your best players, staying at peak fitness, disrupting the flow, but injury and suspension does that anyway. In my opinion, we would probably be better having a shorter league campaign which finished earlier.

If this is the situation regarding European football then perhaps that is something we should be looking at.

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

This is only a personal opinion but to my mind the results in the league next season, and our ability to be a credible title-challenger at this time next season outweigh by a distance I could not hope to measure any sort of progress in the Europa league games.     League results and league position at the end of next season is primary measure of where the team will be judged, and where Pedro will be judged.

For those reasons, if I were Pedro, I would be prioritising things so that a reasonable enough team could be fielded for the early Europa games and the rest are rested and resume with the sort of pre-season preparation programme that Pedro would want to apply as an ideal.    What that means is risk of course.  It means that players who have not had much game time this season ie Alnwick, Hodson, Bates, Kranjcar, Beerman, Wyndass, Dodoo are earmarked for the Europa games, with additions from the development side and from loan players returning and if they can progress through the early games then well and good and when the remainder of the first team squad has completed its pre-season stuff then the pool of players for later Europa games widens.   To attack 2 targets when one is fundamentally less important that the other means, imo, you split the resources and avoid an overload that would bring about a material risk to the ability to deliver the sort of improved league challenge we need to see next season.   It would not be acceptable to be looking back at events this time next season and bemoaning too much effort put into Europa games at the eventual expense of securing a vast improvement in league performances.  

I'm not Pedro though so I'll be interested to see how he handles the priorities and the resources.   And who he removes from Ibrox and who he brings in.

Ideally that is what could happen, but I don't think we have the depth for it. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I don't know if enough depth of player pool exists either.  But I'd like to think it could be achieved.   The driving factor, imo, must be to hit the start of next season as well prepared as possible and not over-influenced by Europa games.   I'd have thought that Pedro would want a good start to the league season with winning momentum built and sustained so that this time next season he has a team that is still in decent range of competing for the title......and then see how his team and how the other lot  handle the pressures of a much closer run-in for the title.   Suffering too much distraction because of the timing of early Europa games is, imo, not much more than a sidebar issue when compared to the need for a vastly better league performance next season.   And so the issue would be to muster a team to field in the early Europas and let the rest focus on the sort of start to next season we need to see.

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I don't know if enough depth of player pool exists either.  But I'd like to think it could be achieved.   The driving factor, imo, must be to hit the start of next season as well prepared as possible and not over-influenced by Europa games.   I'd have thought that Pedro would want a good start to the league season with winning momentum built and sustained so that this time next season he has a team that is still in decent range of competing for the title......and then see how his team and how the other lot  handle the pressures of a much closer run-in for the title.   Suffering too much distraction because of the timing of early Europa games is, imo, not much more than a sidebar issue when compared to the need for a vastly better league performance next season.   And so the issue would be to muster a team to field in the early Europas and let the rest focus on the sort of start to next season we need to see.

I completely agree, but the words of the Chairman last season appears to put a certain priority for a European campaign; I think that will be a very real objective with the club this season, even if we are knocked out early.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think that's a fair point RB and it is all about balance. Without wanting to open up any kind of debate about Board investment, I think European football is a big part of our investment strategy and in recruiting quality players who couldn't play European football any other way (e.g from the lower half of the premier leagues across Europe). It will be a source of income and an enticement for recruitment. Add to that the main objective being competitiveness ie coming a very narrow second having beaten Celtic in our home games, it's about building momentum rather than buying a team like Advocaat and Smith have done. It may well be that certain players will be played more sparingly at first, but we will also have a few players coming in and leaving over the summer. Those coming in may be rested or in need of a rest, we just don't know. I think there will be a big effort for the opening rounds of Europe which should make us match sharp for the start of the season. That, at least should be a positive.

Just now, writingranger said:

I think that's a fair point RB and it is all about balance. Without wanting to open up any kind of debate about Board investment, I think European football is a big part of our investment strategy and in recruiting quality players who couldn't play European football any other way (e.g from the lower half of the premier leagues across Europe). It will be a source of income and an enticement for recruitment. Add to that the main objective being competitiveness ie coming a very narrow second having beaten Celtic in our home games, it's about building momentum rather than buying a team like Advocaat and Smith have done. It may well be that certain players will be played more sparingly at first, but we will also have a few players coming in and leaving over the summer. Those coming in may be rested or in need of a rest, we just don't know. I think there will be a big effort for the opening rounds of Europe which should make us match sharp for the start of the season. That, at least should be a positive.

It's very tempting, but I'll resist debating the issue of European football being a big part of our investment "strategy"' Although, implicitly I might done so anyway!

1 hour ago, OhW said:

He needs that extra day just to be sure it's all out of hisxmas day isfsystem.

He doesnt even drink mate never mind anything else. We INherited him from who we bought the business from and had the attitude at first why does he not want holidays, what IS he hidding. After 5 years he IS still with us with nothing to hide otber than being a fruitloop about mondays, IF xmas day IS a monday you know he wont work but ITs not as though he hasnt given us warning?:dance:

Not surprised at all that this is leaked from the dressing room. There is mental weakness in the squad, so the thought of having a short break will frighten them as it means work. The fact they are coming back early to take part in European football will be lost on most of them as they have never been involved in European competition or realise the commitment it takes to succeed at the highest level.

Strange that their are no complaints coming out of Aberdeen or St Johnstone who are on the exact same schedule.

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

Rangers' Martyn Waghorn happy to forgo break for Europa League

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39746774

Bet he canny believe he's getting a shot at the EL.

Seen better finishers down the local park on a Saturday/Sunday morning and there most probably half cut

23 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Not surprised at all that this is leaked from the dressing room. There is mental weakness in the squad, so the thought of having a short break will frighten them as it means work. The fact they are coming back early to take part in European football will be lost on most of them as they have never been involved in European competition or realise the commitment it takes to succeed at the highest level.

Strange that their are no complaints coming out of Aberdeen or St Johnstone who are on the exact same schedule.

They're not newsworthy though.

2 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Have you got a brother called Donny by any chance ?