James Tavernier

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aye he's that good auld man Stokes ripped him a new one along with every cunt in the top league since then. He's an embarassment.

Tad unfair on him there, we were beat by our failure to being able to head the ball at a corner, twice we were guilty of looking like statues while defending.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Let's change the whole team so Tav doesn't look so bad.

Sure, we'll topple the scum n no tome with that.

Our midfield has been our biggest problem, been missing the whole season.

Tav is the least of our worries, I'd imagine our budget is tight so we should focus on centre backs and midfielders + a decent striker. Tav can do a job for us at right back. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, ronniescu said:

There's no such thing. Whittaker was a joke.

Re. Tav .... who the fuck is letting him take our free-kicks?

Tbf he was great with free kicks last season don't know what's happened this season, get him away from throw ins though

10 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Add on 50p for Garner & we're good to go.

Im sure the club would throw IN more than 50p to move him on. The player however lived my dream by scoring v them at the tattiedome no matter what the score was he did IT.

As a player he's not bad, technically good at set pieces and has a bit of pace about him

As a defender, he's stinking.

Has no positional sense, awareness of other players (including his own) or any sort of tackling ability....

Could see him doing a job as a right midfielder but we need a better right back to challenge, plus he'll get torn to shreds in Europe

Positionally poor though his tackling has vastly improved. Rarely an end product whether it be a cross, shot,;corner, or a free kick. Would be happy to see him improve, but won't be upset when he goes to forrest

He'd be absolutely awful as a winger.

He gets more space coming forward because he's coming from a deep position. He couldn't do that as a winger. He's played midfield and on the wing before and it didn't last long. Reason being he was shit there.

He has improved in defence under the new manager but we still required a better RB. What has happened to his free kicks,when we first signed him I thought we had an expert and expected the opposition goal keeper to have to make a save every time. Now I am surprised if he gets one on target.

Tav is an easy target and does make mistakes but he is a good player!

He is often one of the few players who actually look to play football and pick a pass, than just hoof it forward.

Hopefully get a good pre-season and then kick on with Pedro

50 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Whittaker and Hutton always had someone playing in front of them, 442 or 451 and it was typically always someone you wouldn't peg as a RM or winger.

Feel a bit sorry Tav if I'm honest. Think he's exposed so often that you're bound to notice the frailties of his game more.

As other's have said, stick him a better back 4 with a competent midfield in front of said back four and I think he's worth keeping around.

exposed or not, he is constantly caught out of position and defensively he is utterly shite

23 minutes ago, bluegecko said:

Positionally poor though his tackling has vastly improved. Rarely an end product whether it be a cross, shot,;corner, or a free kick. Would be happy to see him improve, but won't be upset when he goes to forrest

I sit in SJ1 and have lost count of the times he has put great balls into the box only for no one to be there.

It hard to judge him on "end product" when we score so little goals. 

2 minutes ago, Del said:

I sit in SJ1 and have lost count of the times he has put great balls into the box only for no one to be there.

It hard to judge him on "end product" when we score so little goals. 

do you not see whats wrong with the first part of your statement there?

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

do you not see whats wrong with the first part of your statement there?

I know what you are getting at, and I would normally say that no one being on the end of the ball is due to a bad pass, but I am talking about players standing on their heels (Garner and Waghorn in particular) and even the best crosser of the ball in the world would struggle to pick out a man, when we have no forwards in the box!

2 minutes ago, Del said:

I know what you are getting at, and I would normally say that no one being on the end of the ball is due to a bad pass, but I am talking about players standing on their heels (Garner and Waghorn in particular) and even the best crosser of the ball in the world would struggle to pick out a man, when we have no forwards in the box!

plenty times tav will put a good ball into the box and no one is there, so question is why does he put that cross into the box, look up, hold the ball if no one is there, dont just throw it in if there isnt a blue shirt in the box to attack it

5 minutes ago, Del said:

Don't give up the day job ffs.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

plenty times tav will put a good ball into the box and no one is there, so question is why does he put that cross into the box, look up, hold the ball if no one is there, dont just throw it in if there isnt a blue shirt in the box to attack it

I'm sorry mate but if the fullback/winger is putting a whipped ball into the 6 yard box or across the face of the goal, why arent the strikers there?

Probably because they are playing CM!!

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I liked Kirk tbf but he was shite tbh. I remember when he used to try to do stepovers

I quite liked him too. Best story ever of Kirk was when he got called up for Scotland m then turned up late for training n when Walter grilled him he said "Calm down gaffer I've been too busy scoring goals for my country" 

They says even Walter was pissing himself ???