A Few More (Signings)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

In all my days I have never seen septic players strut about like they own Ibrox and that cunt brown orchestrating us when we were trying to get behind the team had me through the roof with rage. Not even including the thumb with his constant hand gestures towards the home end which was ok a bit of fun but guaranteed if had been our players it would be inciting a riot.

This. Remember if McStay or anyone of that lot had attempted to showboat at Ibrox someone like Ferguson, Hurlock or Souness would have reminded them where they were.

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Boyce is a Celtic fan from Falls road and got more than half his goals against ICT and Killie.

Id rather not.

The same ICT who we lost to and Killie who we failed to beat twice away. I'll take his goals thanks

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Honestly man, this patter is shite

:lol: It's just a piss take dunno how anyone could take my post seriously in the first place

Just now, DrLaudrup said:

This. Remember if McStay or anyone of that lot had attempted to showboat at Ibrox someone like Ferguson, Hurlock or Souness would have reminded them where they were.

The only time remember was John Collins giving the finger as he took a shy with the ball behind his back and he got halfed seconds later as the crowd let the players know what he was doing.

Its a long shot but I think Rossiter if he sorts his shit could get in about them next season.

56 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Looking too much in to it mate.

Surely won't announce Jack tomorrow when he has the cup final next week. He'd the most hated man in Hampden, by both supports. :lol: 

If it's ok for Aberdeen to announce when they sign players from ICT then they can't have any complaints if we do the same.

Must be older age.   And with it a bit of a hearing difficulty.   Add to that Pedro's accent every now and then.   Result is a bit of confusion.   A bit of the old Gordon's gin adverts maybe.   I'm getting a bit of a 'quiche at half time' type of message from Pedro in his post match RTV interview in the rain.

I think I hear him saying something along the lines of there may be some news of some signings quite soon - maybe even tomorrow

And something about dealing with the last couple of players for the squad he really wants.

I'm not getting from that interview an indication of how many new signings are being considered, nor do I get what he means by 'dealing'.   Is it just preparing his list for King to approve and fund, or is it dealing in negotiations with players, or does dealing mean something else in his mind?

Like the old G&T adverts he thinks he knows what he wants but in saying it those overhearing his thoughts (well, me anyway) are not quite getting a clear message of what he means.    A bit of a quiche at half time moment for me.  

Maybe the hedging and the lost in translation stuff is not a bad thing and the signings will be what they will be and we can then speculate about how we think the season will pan out once we've seen the actual names.  

In the meantime I'm sticking to good old Glenlivet Cipher.   The more I have the more I might eventually decode what Pedro is trying to say.

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Must be older age.   And with it a bit of a hearing difficulty.   Add to that Pedro's accent every now and then.   Result is a bit of confusion.   A bit of the old Gordon's gin adverts maybe.   I'm getting a bit of a 'quiche at half time' type of message from Pedro in his post match RTV interview in the rain.

I think I hear him saying something along the lines of there may be some news of some signings quite soon - maybe even tomorrow

And something about dealing with the last couple of players for the squad he really wants.

I'm not getting from that interview an indication of how many new signings are being considered, nor do I get what he means by 'dealing'.   Is it just preparing his list for King to approve and fund, or is it dealing in negotiations with players, or does dealing mean something else in his mind?

Like the old G&T adverts he thinks he knows what he wants but in saying it those overhearing his thoughts (well, me anyway) are not quite getting a clear message of what he means.    A bit of a quiche at half time moment for me.  

Maybe the hedging and the lost in translation stuff is not a bad thing and the signings will be what they will be and we can then speculate about how we think the season will pan out once we've seen the actual names.  

In the meantime I'm sticking to good old Glenlivet Cipher.   The more I have the more I might eventually decode what Pedro is trying to say.

Once you've finished de-coding Pedro's interview, can you de-code this post?

34 minutes ago, BailliestonTB said:

Jack,Alves,Patterson,Naismith,McLean,Dorrans & Boyce I'll b happy.

this. Plus Wes, Tav, the Wilsons, Lee, Rossiter, Niko, Super Kenny and Garner. Dodoo and Windass on the bench, plus youngsters...still think Weiss will come and possibly Nemeth though. We'll see

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, BailliestonTB said:

Leagues top goal scorer in a pish team would cost us less than half a mill ?

only 2 non penalty goals against the top 6 this season and most of his goals in general have come from Headers. Too similar to Garner.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

only 2 non penalty goals against the top 6 this season and most of his goals in general have come from Headers. Too similar to Garner.

Better goal:games ratio in each of the last the SPL seasons than Boyd had in the three before he joined us...

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

It's our hoatchin record against the bottom 6 that worries me the most ? & regardless of how he scores his goals he's the league top goal scorer in a shite team what ever way you look at it he'd b good business.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Better goal:games ratio in each of the last the SPL seasons than Boyd had in the three before he joined us...

That completely changed my opinion, It is very clear by those stats he is better than one of the best scorers in spl history

2 minutes ago, BailliestonTB said:

It's our hoatchin record against the bottom 6 that worries me the most ? & regardless of how he scores his goals he's the league top goal scorer in a shite team what ever way you look at it he'd b good business.

If Garner played in a team which crossed the ball every time they got into the final third like County Do I bet he'd have as many goals. We need footballers not target men imo

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

That completely changed my opinion, It is very clear by those stats he is better than one of the best scorers in spl history

If Garner played in a team which crossed the ball every time they got into the final third like County Do I bet he'd have as many goals. We need footballers not target men imo

Got to play to your strengths ma man. At 400k imo he's a bargain doesn't mean he needs to start but the leagues top goal scorer on your bench isn't a bad plan b.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, BailliestonTB said:

Got to play to your strengths ma man. At 400k imo he's a bargain doesn't mean he needs to start but the leagues top goal scorer on your bench isn't a bad plan b.

It does sound good on paper but I'm not sure how much quality he would actually bring, I'd rather keep Garner and save the 300k for some one who would vastly improve our first team. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

Yea I'm not happy about ut either but I am resigned to the fact he'll probably be coming here. 

Not a chance, he'll get offered more money elsewhere and thank fuck.

I hope there's no interest from our side, fuck him. Both him and Whittaker's comments are unforgivable.

I'd take Lafferty back a million times either before either of those cunts.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Not a chance, he'll get offered more money elsewhere and thank fuck.

I hope there's no interest from our side, fuck him. Both him and Whittaker's comments are unforgivable.

I'd take Lafferty back a million times either before either of those cunts.

I think he wants to come back to Scotland because of his kids and we are the only real option for him without having to drop his wages that much, I hope he doesn't sign but I can see it happening.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Boyce 47 goals in 97 games, Boyd 47 goals in 86 games, he doesn't have a better goals to game ratio.

Boyd had 15 goals in 19 matches before we signed him in Jan, he would have smashed the 22 goals Boyce has this season.

And, Boyd's not a taig.

54 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

The only time remember was John Collins giving the finger as he took a shy with the ball behind his back and he got halfed seconds later as the crowd let the players know what he was doing.

Its a long shot but I think Rossiter if he sorts his shit could get in about them next season.

Rossiter will be off to Accrington or Tranmere, waste of time and money and should be punted asap.

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Rossiter will be off to Accrington or Tranmere, waste of time and money and should be punted asap.

When we were linked with him I watched all his euro games and he impressed there is a player there but unless he plays we cannot really judge at the moment.