Actually starting to feel good about next season

Obviously we have no idea how we will do until we actually start playing competitive games, but I'm very happy with our signings and the names we're strongly linked to.

This time last season we were in a bit of a tricky situation with having players who we knew were solid in the Championship, but had no idea if they were good enough to wear our jersey in the SPL, which we now know the majority aren't.

I'm not exactly saying I think we'll win the league next season, although that is our aim, and will always be our aim, but with a bit of fight and heart we will be right up there all the way until the end of the season. Don't know what to think about the EL qualifiers but I'm hoping we rise to the challenge.

WATP!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

Obviously we have no idea how we will do until we actually start playing competitive games, but I'm very happy with our signings and the names we're strongly linked to.

This time last season we were in a bit of a tricky situation with having players who we knew were solid in the Championship, but had no idea if they were good enough to wear our jersey in the SPL, which we now know the majority aren't.

I'm not exactly saying I think we'll win the league next season, although that is our aim, and will always be our aim, but with a bit of fight and heart we will be right up there all the way until the end of the season. Don't know what to think about the EL qualifiers but I'm hoping we rise to the challenge.

WATP!

Fuck up...Jinx ? I mind similar chat when we signed Barton and we know how that turned out ??.

Knew there would be early signings but to be honest the calibre signed and in the pipeline has impressed me.

Wasn't one who blasted PC at the end of the season, and happy with how hes gone about his business this window.

So far so good is as much as I'll concede though, not getting overly confident.

I understand why people prefer not to have an opinion yet and just see how we do due to this time last year, but we won't be playing the season with the duds of last year. I'm trying to not get carried away since it could go either way, but I am happy with how things are looking right now.

I was confident last closed season, not getting caught twice. That said PC has gone about the business professionally and seems to have had his target players identified for a while.  He has certainly identified the areas where we needed strengthening, hope he can seal the Pena deal. 

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I was confident last closed season, not getting caught twice. That said PC has gone about the business professionally and seems to have had his target players identified for a while.  He has certainly identified the areas where we needed strengthening, hope he can seal the Pena deal. 

Also hopefully hear good news on the Cardoso situation, I'd be buzzing if we secured him.

49 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

WATP!

49 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

WATP!

I'm with you.

Honestly didnt think we'd have 3 decent signings in the space of a week and a £1m bid pending for Dorrans.

Focus now needs to be on getting rid of our current dross and bringing in more exciting players.

Sadly i think Euro qualifiers will come too early but i'll defo be there for the first away leg no matter where it is.

10 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Also hopefully hear good news on the Cardoso situation, I'd be buzzing if we secured him.

Don't know much about him but saw some positive comments from Ryan Gauld so I guess Cardoso must be decent.

Great we are bringing players in but how is our Fire Sale going, any deadwood moved on yet?

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Great we are bringing players in but how is our Fire Sale going, any deadwood moved on yet?

I hope to fuck we can offload the deadwood. Not sure who will buy them or if they'd take a pay cut but I hope everything goes smooth in that department

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

We should make Pedro a song!

"Hello, Hello, we are Pedros boys

Hello, Hello, you'll know us by our noise

He got us some good signings, Celtic are very scared 

55 is coming, we're prepared"

Naw