Actually starting to feel good about next season

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Septic have already lost a £12m player this summer and are desperately hawking Dembele around England right now. Stuart Armstrong is in the final year of his contract as well and might go at some point this season if they cant get him to sign a new deal. Signings wise they are looking at Jonny Hayes right now which I think would indicate they won't have huge money to spend so they will probably come down a bit from last season.

Aberdeen are a car crash right now and will be losing most of their better players and maybe manager soon I don't see them as much threat.

As for Rangers if we can get most of the signings we've been linked with over the last few weeks we'll be far stronger going into this season than last. Europe might come a bit too early for the squad given the amount of changes that need to be made but I can see us putting in a very strong challenge at the very least next season.

I would expect a poor start, Pedro to leave a new manager to come in then things to pick up then.

As long as we close the gap to under double figures and beat they fithy bastards this season I will be happier.

Taking our title back and putting the mickie fucks back into their place and I will be ecstatic no matter which manager and players achieve that.

13 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

I understand why people prefer not to have an opinion yet and just see how we do due to this time last year, but we won't be playing the season with the duds of last year. I'm trying to not get carried away since it could go either way, but I am happy with how things are looking right now.

Bare in mind that we haven't actually offloaded any of our duds yet, and no offers have came in for any of them, that we know of of course.

But with the players we've signed I just say to myself, "is it better than who we have now" and in the instance of Alves, Jack and Pena I believe we're on a much better path. 

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I was confident last closed season, not getting caught twice. That said PC has gone about the business professionally and seems to have had his target players identified for a while.  He has certainly identified the areas where we needed strengthening, hope he can seal the Pena deal. 

Exactly why I think bringing him in before the end of the season was by far the best option, so he could have a look at the squad and find out exactly what he's after.

Keeping Murty on till the end would have made it a much more different transfer window in my mind, if Pedro was coming in just now, only had videos of games to watch then who knows who we'd be linked with, this way he's got to know the players and identified any potential problems and weaknesses.

15 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

We should make Pedro a song!

"Hello, Hello, we are Pedros boys

Hello, Hello, you'll know us by our noise

He got us some good signings, Celtic are very scared 

55 is coming, we're prepared"

I like it, but maybe a bit aggressive. I'd take out the bit about Celtic, it's a bit disrespectful.

Certainly feeling a lot better than this time last season. Some good calibre of players in already. A definite step-up than the players we brought in from the lower leagues of England last season. I know it might be wishful thinking, but would be great to see the following:

Fod/Alnwick

?                      Cardoso           Alves                  Wallace

Rossiter           Jack

Candeias                       Pena                           Niko / Dorrans

Herrera / Dalcio        

That's a good team, but we will probably lose out on some the players being quoted. Make it happen Pedro!  

8 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Certainly feeling a lot better than this time last season. Some good calibre of players in already. A definite step-up than the players we brought in from the lower leagues of England last season. I know it might be wishful thinking, but would be great to see the following:

Fod/Alnwick

?                      Cardoso           Alves                  Wallace

Rossiter           Jack

Candeias                       Pena                           Niko / Dorrans

Herrera / Dalcio        

That's a good team, but we will probably lose out on some the players being quoted. Make it happen Pedro!  

Jack shouldn't be starting, Dorrans isn't a winger, Kranjcar isn't either and shouldn't be here, Herrera looks rotten and according to those in the transfer forum, Dalcio isn't a striker.

I disagree...Dorrans can play left midfield as can Niko. They are not wingers. Herrara has won caps for Mexico and got to be better than Garner? Hope so. And I also think Jack should definitely start, and is better than what we've currently got, but just my opinion. From what I've read, Dalcio mostly gets played as a striker, but he's a work-in-progress, and not the finished article.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And he needs the tools, which he appears to be getting.

Time will tell, just hope folk give him a chance and haven't made a final judgement on him already.

I didn't want him  in the first place and after his results wanted him gone even more.

But as he is still here we need to back him.

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I didn't want him  in the first place and after his results wanted him gone even more.

But as he is still here we need to back him.

His result with someone elses failed squad that he chose towards the end to play youths instead of.

Not sure if by "we" you mean us the support or us the club support him.

I think others like you will likely stay silent and not praise him if we do well but slaughter him and demand he is sacked if we make a slow start.

Hopefully he does silence those who are probably still sharpening their knives.

51 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not excited about this season at all, the complete opposite actually.

This place was booming last year - Barton, Rossiter, Gilks, Kranjcar, Doodoo, Garner and Hodson were all great signings last summer according to the majority.

Alves and Jack, can anybody argue on paper those two are more appealing? Jack is getting massively overrated, albeit he's a better signing and player than McLean, he's squad level standard. Nobody knows anything about Pena and Alves on paper looks to be a great signing.

How much did you watch Jack last season?

I watched most of the other games highlights plus specifically  whenever we played the sheep.

He seems a solid 7 or 8 at least most games, most play goes through him and often their pace was dictated by him. He also let the flair players play.

He captained the team that deservedly finished above us. He's 25 and is assured with the best years ahead of him.

Not sure which squad he's a level player for.

Really worried about our lack of links to strikers. 

Got no faith in Herrera or Dalcio. 

And for the love of god can people stop suggesting Niko Kranjcar is going to be  regular starter next year. 

47 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

His result with someone elses failed squad that he chose towards the end to play youths instead of.

I think others like you will likely stay silent and not praise him if we do well but slaughter him and demand he is sacked if we make a slow start.

Spot on. And as for Jack? I agree too - I watched him closely in the cup final and he certainly held his own. He showed strong character with some good play, and is definitely a step-up from what we've currently got in midfield.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Graham Murty isnt a qualified manager and got a result against the bheasts Pedro's approach to them was stupid in the extreme.

Both really tbf he is here now so needs to be given all the support from the club and support we can afford to give him.

If he does something praise worthy I will praise him. That being said I want him sacked still and a proven successful manager from the European leagues brought in rather than someone who has one a single mexican title and didn't have to finish top of the league to do so.