*****Official St Mirren vs Rangers match thread*****

3 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Leaving this weekend with 3 points, that will have to be good enough till next time.

Spot on That's all we can do. People getting worried about cup finals and fixture Run ins etc which i understand. Anything can happen in football.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

There's being scunnered and then there's what you're saying. 

I'm a realist/pessimist when it comes to Rangers. I think the league is done and we are absolutely shite. But to be saying you're 'relieved' to not be able to see us potentially beat them in a cup final is absolutely fucking mad. 

Honestly mate you need to have a wee step back and think about what supporting a team is cos that's not right at all.

There's barely a part of me that believes this team can do it.

Supporting a team is supporting then through the good and the bad. I'm still there in the bad, and I'd be watching that game if it wasn't my Daughter's birthday despite thinking they'll murder us. I'm just fucking sick of the same shite year after year. A few weeks ago I actually just felt numb to it. I'm honestly just raging about it now.

3 points all that matters 👏

balogun a fantastic second half 

souttar at the one where butland got booked 🤦‍♂️

Lawrence is still fkn awful 

an og and a defensive balls up is the only way we score today 

silva is one of the worst forwards I’ve ever seen for us 

butland 👍 that booking was Walsh trying to give them a late goal ,cheating nothing else 

our tactics are non existent

1 minute ago, RoboBearToo said:

He does, but if we win the league and get the CL money to bring in HIS players, it could suddenly become very different. But if we don't win the league.......

Starting next season with both hands tied behind his back in that case. 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Did we finish that game with the same amount of yellows as st mirren? That must be a joke right? 

How the boy didn't get booked for going through Dessers was a joke (he claimed he got the ball) and yet Butland got booked. Different standards when it comes to referring us.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Wasn’t even close. It was a clean tackle 

You are right, it was clean, but you know they would have looked at it many times. I was expecting a monitor visit.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Thought we got away with one with McCausland in the box btw. Would need to see it back but I was sure they were getting a penalty for it 

Would've been overruled due to the preceding offside anyway mate.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Thought we got away with one with McCausland in the box btw. Would need to see it back but I was sure they were getting a penalty for it 

Their player was offside when the cross was played in so I’m assuming they quickly realised that and played on (but it takes me to an annoying part of VAR - why St Mirren were allowed to maintain possession instead of a FK awarded to us)

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

There's barely a part of me that believes this team can do it.

Supporting a team is supporting then through the good and the bad. I'm still there in the bad, and I'd be watching that game if it wasn't my Daughter's birthday despite thinking they'll murder us. I'm just fucking sick of the same shite year after year. A few weeks ago I actually just felt numb to it. I'm honestly just raging about it now.

I honestly dont think saying you wont be watching, no matter the reason, and you're relieved about it because we're shite is being there through the bad but fair enough

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I honestly dont think saying you wont be watching, no matter the reason, and you're relieved about it because we're shite is being there through the bad but fair enough

I would say choosing not to go to a game/watch when you could isn't being there. Not being able to but thinking " oh well, at least I won't have to see us get scudded off the scum" as consolation doesn't constitute that for me, personally.