Met Amoruso tonight.

A Wee night out in Govan for a great charity and i was really impressed. Goes without saying he was a solid captain and a legend when he wore our shirt back in the day.

Came across as a very genuine man and was really passionate about our great Club. Class players for us and a gent to boot.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate of mine used to work in a bar and he used to get samples of all sorts of shit. 

Some Diageo rep came in and gave him a case of Bailey's miniatures. Naturally we knew there was only one man who would appreciate such a thing, so we drove up to Big Amo's house and rang the bell.

He wasn't in so we just left it on the doorstep for him.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

A Wee night out in Govan for a great charity and i was really impressed. Goes without saying he was a solid captain and a legend when he wore our shirt back in the day.

Came across as a very genuine man and was really passionate about our great Club. Class players for us and a gent to boot.

I hope you behaved yourself, and weren't Drunk and Disorderly when you met him. ???

i got his dvd "theres only one Amo" recently and i have to say it was a treat; the year we won the treble 2003 what a year! Id give my right arm to be back there; Amo comes across as avery sincere person and all round good guy; cheers op for starting this thread

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Some player for us, got it tight when he lost the captaincy but showed how much of a professional he was by not spitting the dummy and staying on, playing his part the following seasons 

100% , I thought he actually played better after that as if he had a point to prove, in my book he didn't need to prove anything.

2 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

Met him at a stereophonics gig once me and my mate pissed telling him we loved him, he just laughed and says same back. What a geezer 

He was a winner mate . Simples

He rhag dolled Mutton ,Fartson and NO7  many times

Treble winners in 1999 and 2003 and he was a stalwart in my eyes

The big man will always be remembered by me as one of our most important players

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He was a winner mate . Simples

He rhag dolled Mutton ,Fartson and NO7  many times

Treble winners in 1999 and 2003 and he was a stalwart in my eyes

The big man will always be remembered by me as one of our most important players

His on field battles with hartson were fantastic, they literally booted lumps out each other without a moan, and as much as he became a walloper after leaving the tarriers, hartson was the one we missed out on, imagine him playing in the team wee dick assembled and eck took over, he'd have scored tons

10 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

100% , I thought he actually played better after that as if he had a point to prove, in my book he didn't need to prove anything.

Yup, less weight on him as well with the captaincy removed, that night at Pittodrie when he tried to calm down the fans before papping one into the top corner with his left foot to win the game was legendary