Martyn Waghorn - abuse

15 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Almost every thread I read on here Waggy almost certainly crops up and to be honest the abuse and vile comments are a disgrace - I would never abuse a Rangers player no matter what and he is a Rangers player - might not be the best but still one of our players - so come on give him a fuckin break

Cunts greeting about fans criticising shite players on a forum - wise up, do you think poor fat martyn is logging on with tears in his eyes all worried about what the RM loyal think of him? Fucks sake. Why are cunts so fucking precious about everything and easily offended these days? This is the same cunt who refused to sign a new deal last summer - did he refuse because he thought he was the bollocks after a good season in the Championship? Perhaps he thought that if he signed a new deal he wouldn't be able to get a move elsewhere?  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08/martyn-waghorn-james-tavernier-reject-rangers-contract-offer

thank fuck he didn't sign that deal. Shite.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

been reading the comments and some decent ones there and decent opinions so don't think it defeats the point - oh and I expected the usual wahoos to come on - didn't let me down

Everyone has an opinion, I dislike Rangers players getting ott abuse, but I don't rate Waghorn, imo he's pish, just don't think we need another thread on it, there's been enough already. 

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Everyone has an opinion, I dislike Rangers players getting ott abuse, but I don't rate Waghorn, imo he's pish, just don't think we need another thread on it, there's been enough already. 

oh sorry about that - I better delete it then

30 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Almost every thread I read on here Waggy almost certainly crops up and to be honest the abuse and vile comments are a disgrace - I would never abuse a Rangers player no matter what and he is a Rangers player - might not be the best but still one of our players - so come on give him a fuckin break

Maybe if ye fur a jobbby Mertin,.........

Is it personal abuse to say that he's absolutely fucking shite at his job and isn't at the level required?

I don't think so, deserves criticism for not performing his duties, nothing personal about calling someone out for being shite at their job

Manager puts him in the firing line, fans use social media to discuss their feelings and opinion on him. Manager makes a mistake, the player is shite, fans vent their frustration and anger in their own way. That's football and this is social media. Get over it. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Is it personal abuse to say that he's absolutely fucking shite at his job and isn't at the level required?

I don't think so, deserves criticism for not performing his duties, nothing personal about calling someone out for being shite at their job

What duties? He's doing the best he can. If that isn't good enough for us then Waghorn isn't the person we should be criticising, he is only doing his best. Which ultimately isn't good enough yes but the problem here is the guy who keeps picking him. Same with any shite player, as long as they give their all, they can do no more. They ain't picking the team! 

I agree. The abuse is a bit OTT but some of the guys on here work 40 hours a week just to be able to go to a game so they are entitled to be angry and vent.

Will be unpopular but i don't think it's entirely down to Waghorn. No strikers have shined at Rangers playing up top on their own under Warbs or Pedro. We have a habit of working the ball out wide then punting it in the box to a striker who is up against 3 defenders most of the time. 

Waghorn has 3 carrer hat tricks for us. He started the championship season with 14 goals and a player of the month award before that Steven Smith tackle at Killie fucked him up. This season he scored a cracking goal on opening day to equalise against Hamilton and started the season with 5 goals in 4 games. I thought he was great against Celtic during the 1-1 game..Never gave the defenders a minutes peace, pressed the ball brilliantly and ran his arse off but all he gets is abuse for his missed chances which i get. But i dont think he was worse than Garner who we praised as the new Sebo.

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

Away and disappear again you muppet 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

What duties? He's doing the best he can. If that isn't good enough for us then Waghorn isn't the person we should be criticising, he is only doing his best. Which ultimately isn't good enough yes but the problem here is the guy who keeps picking him. Same with any shite player, as long as they give their all, they can do no more. They ain't picking the team! 

In games he makes numerous wrong decisions, takes bad touches, bad passes etc. If he did everything to the best of his abilities then fine, I don't believe he is doing his best.

It's not him picking the team but that doesn't mean he can't be called out for being shite on match day, and surely being called out when you have a bad game is part and parcel of being a footballer? moaning that it's personal abuse is a load of pish

6 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Manager puts him in the firing line, fans use social media to discuss their feelings and opinion on him. Manager makes a mistake, the player is shite, fans vent their frustration and anger in their own way. That's football and this is social media. Get over it. :cheers:

so it'll be Pedro getting abuse next 

Just now, the_r_sole said:

In games he makes numerous wrong decisions, takes bad touches, bad passes etc. If he did everything to the best of his abilities then fine, I don't believe he is doing his best.

It's not him picking the team but that doesn't mean he can't be called out for being shite on match day, and surely being called out when you have a bad game is part and parcel of being a footballer? moaning that it's personal abuse is a load of pish

Then that is a different discussion. If we don't believe the player is giving his all then he absolutely deserves all the stick he gets. I tend to agree regards MW. I think he plays on the periphery of games, doesn't work hard enough, doesn't do enough to get involved and almost hides. His decision making is poor, his touch is poor and his finishing is also very poor. I don't believe any of that is harsh or personal abuse however. I guess it depends how we put our opinion of him across. 

Saying he is shite is fine, it's probably true. Calling him a cunt, not that you are, but others may, i think that's what inspired the thread? Is a bit ott. We don't need to lower ourselves to that i don't think. 

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

so it'll be Pedro getting abuse next 

Correct me if i am wrong and i don't want to bash the manager or take the thread off topic but, he picks the team, he is our leader, he is the representative of the players and his team, he decides whether to play these players who are not good enough, some of whom have proven beyond all doubt that they are nowhere near the required level, so why shouldn't the manager be questioned about that? 

6 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Correct me if i am wrong and i don't want to bash the manager or take the thread off topic but, he picks the team, he is our leader, he is the representative of the players and his team, he decides whether to play these players who are not good enough, some of whom have proven beyond all doubt that they are nowhere near the required level, so why shouldn't the manager be questioned about that? 

I don't want to and never will abuse anyone involved with the team - the reason I mentioned Pedro is as you stated he's picking Waggy yet no abuse aimed at him that was all