the "banished" players

RFC55

Right in no.way am I suggesting that any of them should play/should stay or anything else like this. 

However the treatment of them by Pedro is pretty shocking. The players are not allowed to mix, nor are they allowed to have lunches/meals at the training complex with the rest of the team.

They are training alone and not with the u20's. 

Now I get most of them should leave as they aren't what is required for our club but is this banishing players actually good for.the full squads morale? 

BTW the guy many on here (probably me included) thought would've sat and took the money is actively trying to go. He just wants to play which is a credit to.him tbh.

So does the manager need to.keep the harmony within the squad and stop banishing players he doesn't see as part of his plans or Is he doing the right thing?

I said it in the McKay thread I believe it's the wrong way to treat people.

From.what I've heard from a players relative this morning things ain't good between certain players and the manager.

I hope to.fuck they get this right or we might be bang in trouble

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Right in no.way am I suggesting that any of them should play/should stay or anything else like this. 

However the treatment of them by Pedro is pretty shocking. The players are not allowed to mix, nor are they allowed to have lunches/meals at the training complex with the rest of the team.

Now I get most of them should leave as they aren't what is required for our club but is this banishing players actually good for.the full squads morale? 

BTW the guy many on here (probably me included) thought would've sat and took the money is actively trying to go. He just wants to play which is a credit to.him tbh.

So does the manager need to.keep the harmony within the squad and stop banishing players he doesn't see as part of his plans or Is he doing the right thing?

From.what I've heard from a players relative this morning things ain't good between certain players and the manager.

A few more need banished after last night

I get what you are saying OP and agree it prob causes bad feeling. 

On the flip side I don't think it would do any good having guys who have been told they can go in and around the 1st team.....not that it's done any good not having them around. 

I won't name the player, but I've heard similar to this that Pedro isolates players.

One of the things the players can't get used to is that for a game on the Saturday he tells them the team on a Tuesday then spends the rest of the week working on set up etc with the team.

If you are not in the match squad you basically train away from this group.

Said this ages ago.

What manager goes in and tells players they are not wanted then asks them to play in important games 

Then still has them at start of next season, banished or even in the squad.

Clearly a lot of noses out of joint, squad harmony looks fucked 

Now it looks like no one is trying a leg 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I won't name the player, but I've heard similar to this that Pedro isolates players.

One of the things the players can't get used to is that for a game on the Saturday he tells them the team on a Tuesday then spends the rest of the week working on set up etc with the team.

If you are not in the match squad you basically train away from this group.

That really can't be true. I hope to god it is not.

Madness.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Why is it shocking? I wouldn't expect them to train with the 1st team and considering the leaks that have happened in the past it's understandable that Pedro will not want them to mix, he needs to know who he can trust.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What's the point of players who don't want to play for us training with the first team squad. 

The more you see & hear, the more you can understand why players don't want to stay.

Re your point, these are still contracted players & may be needed at any time - they simply have to be up to speed with what the first picks are doing.

Also, sends out a bad message to anybody we're looking to attract - all they'll see is 'look what happens if the coach doesn't fancy you'.

There is now a Director of Football.    He should be directing what happens to the surplus players and how they are treated.  It's his job otherwise why is he a 'Director' of football.    

As for first team squad morale.    It was in their gift over the 2 European games to do all they needed to do to ensure morale was high.  Not only their own morale but the morale of the Support.   They failed.  Led by a failing, floundering manager.     The new foreign players will not, imo, take well to the result of that failing with the inevitable severe criticism that happens and will continue to happen in greater volume if that sort of form is carried on into the new season.    They will simply withdraw into themselves and look for a way out - a form of self-banishment.  

Morale-wise we are in deep trouble after this European result imo, and the consequences could be season-long or as long as the club stick with a manager who cannot deliver on even the most straightforward of football tasks having been given all the resources he needed to do the job.    

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

The more you see & hear, the more you can understand why players don't want to stay.

Re your point, these are still contracted players & may be needed at any time - they simply have to be up to speed with what the first picks are doing.

Also, sends out a bad message to anybody we're looking to attract - all they'll see is 'look what happens if the coach doesn't fancy you'.

It happens in every team in every country in the world. 

They aren't in the managers plans you train with the kids. 

To try and claim this just happens at us is rubbish. 

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It all depends on why Pedro is taking this course of action. If it is a fact that certain players are causing disharmony or friction in the squad, then Pedro is right in what he is doing. If however the players are going about their business in a professional manner and doing what is asked of them by the coaches then Pedro is definitely barking up the wrong tree and should treat all the players as equal until they leave the club.

Just now, Ozblue said:

It all depends on why Pedro is taking this course of action. If it is a fact that certain players are causing disharmony or friction in the squad, then Pedro is right in what he is doing. If however the players are going about their business in a professional manner and doing what is asked of them by the coaches then Pedro is definitely barking up the wrong tree and should treat all the players as equal until they leave the club.

I can't speak for the other four or five banished guys but one in particular although not great is actually wanting to try and be a part of the squad. He's not going to be allowed to.and he's desperate to get to now 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

100% true.

The player said it's first time on his career he has worked on a system of knowing the team nearly a week in advance.

Yeah I can imagine it is because no manager in the right frame of mind would do that.

I mean Thursday or Friday I have heard before but even then a lot of managers still don't know their team until the morning of the game.

Imagine coming into training all week knowing you're not going to be involved, instead of competing with another squad member for the slot in the team.

I don't doubt your source but I still can't believe it. If its true he really needs to go. That is no way to run a football team.

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Pedro said that he would find the leaks maybe this is why he is doing it.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah I can imagine it is because no manager in the right frame of mind would do that.

I mean Thursday or Friday I have heard before but even then a lot of managers still don't know their team until the morning of the game.

Imagine coming into training all week knowing you're not going to be involved, instead of competing with another squad member for the slot in the team.

I don't doubt your source but I still can't believe it. If its true he really needs to go. That is no way to run a football team.

I agree

The player in question basically said he wasn't sure about Pedro at all.

Can see why.