Carlos Pena

1 hour ago, buster. said:

What's important is that he's in better shape or simply performs by the Motherwell game.

To a degree, he's Pedro's 'joker' in that if he can get the guy to play to his best level then he'll make a difference,

You'd have to say the odds aren't short but we have to hope he performs.

You've summed that up rather well, and he is the most high yield signing of the lot- if it works, it will really work; if it doesn't work.... Hopefully he proves to be a great signing.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm fed up with either midfielders who don't go forward enough or gamble at the right times. I'm also fed up with strikers who don't maintain any positional sense, or have to drop deep because they're not getting any support or service so that when we do get the ball forward, there's no one there.

If Pena is a number 10 who can take the ball into feet while being pressurised, hold it up, bring others into play in the final third, make late runs into the box and get ahead of the strikers when required and finish with his head and his feet, then he's exactly what we need. If not, then we're no further forward as a team. Until we see him play, we won't know.

On 7/5/2017 at 0:38 PM, Gaz52 said:

no-cunt better be hiding when it comes to August

You just know several of them will try to. 

We go to Motherwell on the opening day of the league and based solely on the performances against the Luxembourg part timers you could be excused for betting on Motherwell to win.

I don't know if Pena is going to be any better than what we have at the back now but I have to hope he is.

5 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

You just know several of them will try to. 

We go to Motherwell on the opening day of the league and based solely on the performances against the Luxembourg part timers you could be excused for betting on Motherwell to win.

I don't know if Pena is going to be any better than what we have at the back now but I have to hope he is.

Don't place any bets yet, I'd imagine we're working hard to find oppponents for friendliest as we'll need quite a lot based on the last 2 performances.

Pena, Herrera, Morelos and Candeias are still unknown quantities for me and with Dorrans and Alves still to join up maybe things will improve. I'm not expecting miracles but at the same time I don't think Caixinha is a dud, I'll not be oblivious to it if he's not up to it but I won't just label him a failure because the players showed no heart on Tuesday.

17 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

I don't think there is a problem with most of the new guys, except Dalcio. Pedro's the problem, and Robertson for hiring him.

He's got 2 months to prove he shouldn't be hooked.

If even that; if we start the season badly will he even get that time?

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I'm not expecting miracles

Neither am I 

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I don't think Caixinha is a dud

I have my doubts after his lacklustre end to last season and start to this one, but I'm nor a knee jerker, I can give him time.

He's the most expensive player we've had at our club in fuck knows how long and he looks like he's spent the past few years drinking heavily and piling on the beef. 

I'm not panicking at all but the noises we're hearing surrounding this guy aren't great at all. We've pinned close to £3m on him in hope he can discover form he once had about 3 years ago. This has failure written all over it, especially with that taig cunt in charge 

I hope to fuck I'm proved wrong I really do but somehow I see this going down as one of the worst signings in our history, when you consider the money involved whilst we're absolutely cash starved 

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He's the most expensive player we've had at our club in fuck knows how long and he looks like he's spent the past few years drinking heavily and piling on the beef. 

I'm not panicking at all but the noises we're hearing surrounding this guy aren't great at all. We've pinned close to £3m on him in hope he can discover form he once had about 3 years ago. This has failure written all over it, especially with that taig cunt in charge 

I hope to fuck I'm proved wrong I really do but somehow I see this going down as one of the worst signings in our history, when you consider the money involved whilst we're absolutely cash starved 

I work with a guy who supports his previous team and he's surprised why anyone would want him. It's like Pedro's dominos are being lined up. He does need a few real games to prove he's not a complete failure.

2 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

I work with a guy who supports his previous team and he's surprised why anyone would want him. It's like Pedro's dominos are being lined up. He does need a few real games to prove he's not a complete failure.

I hope your colleague is just one of those who finds a knowledge of world football just in time for a negative opinion about a Rangers signing...

No idea about him or the others, almost assuming he's going to be another who'll slip into that lazy, shameless, disinterested comfort that comes with being a Rangers player.

21 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

:britney:

8 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

I hope your colleague is just one of those who finds a knowledge of world football just in time for a negative opinion about a Rangers signing...

No idea about him or the others, almost assuming he's going to be another who'll slip into that lazy, shameless, disinterested comfort that comes with being a Rangers player.

He seemed surprised why anyone would want Pena. He doesn't really know anything about football outside Mexico.

3 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

He seemed surprised why anyone would want Pena. He doesn't really know anything about football outside Mexico.

I just caught your location...was imagining your colleague as another Darkhead-based Chivas fan :sarcasm:

Another exercise in hoping that playing against SPFL shite just makes him look better...

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Did you honestly just call our current serving manager a taig cunt?

17 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Did you honestly just call our current serving manager a taig cunt?

That's exactly what he is. Remember his "Celtic brothers" video he sent to them congratulating them winning the league? 

He should never have been hired in the first place and we all knew it. Now sadly we're being proved right, he's in over his head and that's why he's constantly trying to do things to appease the fans, like banning green boots, going out meeting them, going in the stand with them etc. 

Agree gaz remember Warburton put up signs all over the changing rooms look how that ended. And anyhow if a player needs reminded about how big a club or how passionate we as fans are and geed up before playing for the rangers they shouldn't be here it's that fucking simple. That goes for pedro and his management staff also.

Strangely think Pena could be a good signing.

Fuck knows why, just got a feeling in terms of what we need in our team and what he supposedly offers.

Him and Dorrans will make a difference to Holt and Windass i would imagine.

Then again with Pedro in charge who knows what we will see come August in terms of performance.