Could we still have a good domestic season?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I felt so low the other night but you know, dry your eyes, and off we go again.

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. We all wanted to see players moved on from last season and thats what has happened. I did note that Pedro did not hide and there is still some time to see what comes together with some training and the whole team being available. A few injuries and we could be in an interesting place but I still think Rossiter, Nico, Bruno, Dorrans, Pena and one or two others can show us a team. I'm going to try to stay positive until I've seen more.

No chance of winning the league.

2nd is the aim of the board and will be seen as a successful outcome to the plan by them.

We should be able to reach a cup final and providing we're not playing them across the city along the way then we might win one i.e. League Cup.

To genuinely challenge we would need 5-6 players on an upgrade to what we have with several of them being of the ilk that boss a game nearly every week.

32 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

No chance of winning the league.

2nd is the aim of the board and will be seen as a successful outcome to the plan by them.

We should be able to reach a cup final and providing we're not playing them across the city along the way then we might win one i.e. League Cup.

To genuinely challenge we would need 5-6 players on an upgrade to what we have with several of them being of the ilk that boss a game nearly every week.

5-6 new upgraded players on top of what we have is not going to happen for probably 2 years at least as we can't afford that and certainly don't seem to have the scouting network to get them for pennies.

We're 3-4 proper good signings off a good squad. Will these signings come, well DK was certainly saying there was more to come. My concerns are that Pedro is now thinking he's underestimated what was involved here and instead of scraping the barrel for players he knew he's now gonna go out n buy mediocre Scottish players thinking they will know more about what's involved in being a rangers player. Time will tell but we may well have swapped shite for shite and lost a few million on the way.

I think people seriously underestimated just how much of a state Warburton had left us in and unfortunately it will take time to turn things around. There is no quick fix in this situation bar selling the whole lot and starting again which wont happen. 

Im unsure if Pedro is the guy who is going to take us forward but we have little option but to wait and see. With the result on Tuesday he is unfortunately under severe pressure from a large portion of the fan base with some of our new players being written off already. Hoping he proves everyone wrong but if Im honest he hasnt filled me full of confidence so far. 

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I think people seriously underestimated just how much of a state Warburton had left us in and unfortunately it will take time to turn things around. There is no quick fix in this situation bar selling the whole lot and starting again which wont happen. 

Im unsure if Pedro is the guy who is going to take us forward but we have little option but to wait and see. With the result on Tuesday he is unfortunately under severe pressure from a large portion of the fan base with some of our new players being written off already. Hoping he proves everyone wrong but if Im honest he hasnt filled me full of confidence so far. 

Warburton was a decent manager but fatally underestimated Scottish football, and thought you could win the title with English journeymen, has-beens and vaguely promising youngsters. He was too proud, once he realised you couldn’t, to insist on more money to invest in better players, and the team paid the price. I think he probably had got the job in the first place by saying he could deliver results on the cheap. Downfall was arrogance and pride, but at bottom he was a decent manager. He’ll do fine at Notts Forest.

Pedro is utterly useless - look at his record.

3 hours ago, Ryan_1 said:

I hate writing off our chances I really do, I hate not being optimistic about a new season, but with this guy incharge we don't have a chance.

Tactically he's clueless. Simple as that.

Are guys like Cardoso, Jack, Alves, Dorrans and perhaps Pena an improvement? Yes, I would say so. However they can be an improvement all they want but if the team isn't being sent out with a particular game plan then what chance do they have. Names on a teamsheet don't make a side.

We are nowhere near Celtic, beat about the bush all you want but that's the harsh reality.

Pretty much this. I have no faith that the manager knows what he is doing and it's obvious many of the players are the same.

Pedro is already fucked and, as a result, so are we this season. Depressing shit.

Hopefully Jack, Alves, Dorrans and Pena perform and give the others a lift.  We suffer from players getting frustrated and or hiding in games and this effects the whole team.  Better players will do their job better and that can only help us.

Pedro needs to cut out the tactical and substitution mistakes and get a winning mentality on the pitch.  He also needs to make sure the players know what he wants them to do.

Combining better players with understanding what is expected will lead to better days.

6 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

Pretty much this. I have no faith that the manager knows what he is doing and it's obvious many of the players are the same.

Pedro is already fucked and, as a result, so are we this season. Depressing shit.

You know what I hate more than most, the fact that Stevie Wonder can see he hasn't got what it takes but it's a given we have to endure it getting worse before we can see change. 

It was the same with Warburton. 

The fans who call me and others doomongers are just as much as a problem as Pedro is. 

Cos the board take those comments onboard and use them as an excuse to continue with the man who they've backed. Yet once again us fans are going to have to suffer another embarrassment along the road somewhere, it's going to happen. 

His position has to become intangible before anything happens at which point the season will be over. 

Sick to the back teeth of this. A laughing stock of British football. 

The fans deserve so much better and at the same time alot of fans start needing to demand better. 

We're the biggest club in this country for fuck sake, start acting like it. 

39 minutes ago, Inspector Sams said:

He was too proud, once he realised you couldn’t, to insist on more money to invest in better players, and the team paid the price.

Pedro is utterly useless - look at his record.

By what we know, it seems more likely King was completely unwilling to trust him with more money after his previous signings. Don't think Warburton being too proud to ask for funds had anything to do with it. Can't think of any manager who wouldn't want more money. 

Re. the season, it probably feels unlikely at the moment, but we could go on to have a decent season. A cup win would help. 

Fuck it I am staying positive.We have for the most part brought in a better standard of player than we had.

With Alves we have a proven winner and leader on the park.It seems in Rossiter and Jack we also have players who can communicate and gee others on.

It was the lowest I have ever felt as a Rangers fan on Tue.Only being old enough to understand the diasaster would  have beaten it.

But you know what.We were rightly damning of the media for their onslaught on Pedro and there dismissive attitude of all things non Scottish.He has got a Hell of a lot to make up for but not ready to write him off just yet.

Its a forum and we all have opinions but if you read through the posts EVERY player is total shit according to individual posts and myself included have slated players on here.Fact is that is usually a total over reaction to certain players in certain games.We need a lot shipped out but this squad has got some potential about it.

I hope against hope that this team can gel.If they do and get some good results early doors then pressure starts mounting on others.There are players with the quality and desire here to do that.This total clusterfuck in Europe should make them more determined to prove people wrong.

Lets see that happening starting against Motherwell.We are Rangers,we don't do walking away and there is and always will be No Surrender.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

You know what I hate more than most, the fact that Stevie Wonder can see he hasn't got what it takes but it's a given we have to endure it getting worse before we can see change. 

It was the same with Warburton. 

The fans who call me and others doomongers are just as much as a problem as Pedro is. 

Cos the board take those comments onboard and use them as an excuse to continue with the man who they've backed. Yet once again us fans are going to have to suffer another embarrassment along the road somewhere, it's going to happen. 

His position has to become intangible before anything happens at which point the season will be over. 

Sick to the back teeth of this. A laughing stock of British football. 

The fans deserve so much better and at the same time alot of fans start needing to demand better. 

We're the biggest club in this country for fuck sake, start acting like it. 

Can't disagree unfortunately. The board won't pull the trigger now because it'll highlight even more how stupid an appointment it was, not to mention that they've thrown all that cash at him as well.

So as a result we'll endure two or three months of poor performances and horrendous results before he's given the boot and our season is fucked (if it isn't already).

Motherwell away, Hibs and Hearts at home to start - fucking grim potentially. Which is embarrassing as fuck considering who we are.