Senior Daily record executive targets Rangers fan over complaint

2 hours ago, paisleyroad said:

This is actually disgusting, what is the best email to complain about his actions? should be posted here, remember lads, keep it clean and to the point while nailing this clown

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-75123

That's the CEO of Johnathan Russell. I contacted him yesterday (Tuesday) which was clean and to the point as you state. I await his reply. I probably won't get one, but after giving him a couple of days to respond, I'll follow it up with a respectful email stating that he may have missed my first one, etc. Thereafter, he'll get another reminder on a daily basis, (clean and to the point again) until I  do get at least some form of reply.

Just a wee reminder of the guy and his cronies for those who missed the original link from eskbankloyal. What a team eh? I'm tired of all of this crap and wish we could get back to the football, but it's not going to happen until the club (and whoever) tackles these clowns head on. It's been getting worse over the last few years and there doesn't seem to be an end to it.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/news/2017/7/17/senior-daily-record-executive-targets-rangers-fan-over-complaint

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the guy contacts the record with a legitimate complaint and directs his concerns to who he assumed is in a position of responsibility and control. In turn instead of addressing the complaint in a professional manner this excuse for a man  responds with all the integrity of a rattle snake by running like a playground sissy to the boys employer.

I shouldn't be surprised but clearly the problem our club faces with this organisation runs deeper than the reptilian like creatures who pass themselves off as journalists. 

I say enough.  let's get after this mob and root them out once and for all. Let's name names and start the process of holding them to account for their slanderous diatribe. Surely those controlling the mirror group can't be fully aware what's going on up here so let's make it impossible for them to ignore. This needs tackled by going all the way to the top and it's high time Rangers got involved in an official capacity too.  There must be a mountain now of indisputable evidence of what's been allowed to fester  in that slim pit they call a newspaper.

On 18/07/2017 at 8:34 AM, tannerall said:

Courageous journalism sending it to the guy's work. 

You'd think a s a senior newspaper editor with a mass of experience of journalism and correct use of English language would have been able to complain in a coherent, sensible fashion by communicating his point directly in a factual manner and explaining his concern.

Oops scrub that, words and phrases like "able to complain in a coherent, sensible fashion by communicating his point directly in a factual manner and explaining his concern" obviously have no part to play in today's Daily Record. 

To be honest  though, this actually saddens me rather than annoys me, what is wrong with these people in the Scottish press these days ? Seems to me they are pandering all the time to their peers who carry a similar obsessive unhealthy attitude, and to the general rabble. Independent, factual, objective journalism my arse.

Stereotypical tarrier behaviour, I'm afraid, unable to separate their bigoted hatred from their professional status, a trait rife in all aspects of professional and political life in this armpit of a country. 

Like a child I went on their Facebook page and reported the page for harassment :lol:

Facebook have gotten back to me with a message saying although they cannot see what I have deemed harassing they have recieved numourous other reports and would like help in locating specific posts and images :lol: 

59 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

So the guy contacts the record with a legitimate complaint and directs his concerns to who he assumed is in a position of responsibility and control. In turn instead of addressing the complaint in a professional manner this excuse for a man  responds with all the integrity of a rattle snake by running like a playground sissy to the boys employer.

I shouldn't be surprised but clearly the problem our club faces with this organisation runs deeper than the reptilian like creatures who pass themselves off as journalists. 

I say enough.  let's get after this mob and root them out once and for all. Let's name names and start the process of holding them to account for their slanderous diatribe. Surely those controlling the mirror group can't be fully aware what's going on up here so let's make it impossible for them to ignore. This needs tackled by going all the way to the top and it's high time Rangers got involved in an official capacity too.  There must be a mountain now of indisputable evidence of what's been allowed to fester  in that slim pit they call a newspaper.

you go for it my man, but don't use your work email to do so.... 

:tu:

9 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

When you read the list of journos listed at the start of the article--Tims, sheep and Dundee hivs every one--what chance of fair opinions from that lot, its so obviously a campaign fuelled by bitterness and hate-----I wonder what the ordinary Record staff who do all the donkey work and whose jobs are constantly under pressure due to falling sales are aware that it is the sports deeeeept that is partly responsible for their worry--why do they put up with it--why is the football journo staff staffed mostly sheep and Dundee hivs--I never knew the Record was a big seller in any other area but the west of Scotland---if the ordinary working staff at the record cant see this and demand a fairer perspective or even more just---a overhaul of staff in the sprts dept---then hell mend them

:tu:

9 hours ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-75123

That's the CEO of Johnathan Russell. I contacted him yesterday (Tuesday) which was clean and to the point as you state. I await his reply. I probably won't get one, but after giving him a couple of days to respond, I'll follow it up with a respectful email stating that he may have missed my first one, etc. Thereafter, he'll get another reminder on a daily basis, (clean and to the point again) until I  do get at least some form of reply.

Just a wee reminder of the guy and his cronies for those who missed the original link from eskbankloyal. What a team eh? I'm tired of all of this crap and wish we could get back to the football, but it's not going to happen until the club (and whoever) tackles these clowns head on. It's been getting worse over the last few years and there doesn't seem to be an end to it.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/news/2017/7/17/senior-daily-record-executive-targets-rangers-fan-over-complaint

One of our problems . JT got sacked for lumping one of the bosses at the rebel .

Not sure of which one it was though .

Maybe one of the reasons ,we don't seem to be going after the bastards .

Possibly may have something on Jt

On 18/07/2017 at 11:05 AM, eejay the dj said:

Phoned their hotline today .Anthony Haggerty was taking the calls 

Asked him why his newspaper was defending the indefensible regards the thumbs actions .

I was calm and friendly although it killed me to do it

He just cut me off 

Is this the hags fenian brother ?

1 hour ago, heathen fish boy said:

You have to laugh . Any Rangers fan can make their point via hotline he says :justno: .

First up , the man on the other side is usually a rhabid bheast lover or an apologetic so called friendly bear like prick face Ralston . I detest the bastard more than any other . 

They have a clear agenda . If you diss anything about the newspaper . They will hang up on you .

If you even mention child abuse within Pedo Fc . They will hang up on you .

If you have anything positive to say about Rangers , you may get a few lines with their added take to it .Only on a slow story day though .It's usually nothing like the comments you wanted printed the day  before .

If you have a negative story about Rangers .You are in . Especially if you are a bear as they want to appear to look ,like it's 50/50 bears and beggars

The more critical the better for you .

If you are a scum rhodent bastard . They will print , probably word for word every nasty thing ,you have to say about the Rangers . Looking on yesterdays to get the number to call them . I read this retard fuckwit , still claiming we were a new club .

And yes it gets printed . Just to noise us bears up .

The whole hotline is a crock of shite .And I blame mostly this despicable cunt

Spew keevins used to get the gig , 95% of the time after any OF game or big match .

He would very often cut you off , if you were a bear with a grievance or slating anything beggars FC .

All this sorry bastard would do , was follow all the steps mentioned above.

Now bears I do not buy this sorry excuse for a daily newspaper . I sadly have to admit for years . I was brought up on it ,like many Scottish football supporters .

Those days should be long gone for any Rangers supporter that loves our club

8 hours ago, Malkster said:

Stereotypical tarrier behaviour, I'm afraid, unable to separate their bigoted hatred from their professional status, a trait rife in all aspects of professional and political life in this armpit of a country. 

Never a truer word said on this forum, just about sums up my estimation to the letter.

29 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I wonder if this prick had ever written to a boss or company of a complainer from pedo fc, I doubt it very much 

Maybe mate as all the scum think it's the Daily rangers. Even when these thick bastards can't see it's slating us at every given opportunity .

The answer to your question would be .NO CHANCE

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

What would be good is a rival newspaper picking up on some of this shit and attacking the DR and bringing it more into the mainstream.

Show the bastards up for what they are.

The problem with that is most of the newspaper - tabloid and broadsheet - are owned by a handful of media conglomerates, and the biggest such in Newscorp are in no position to criticise this sort of thing. You'd need a publisher that wasn't implicated in any of the scandals of the last dozen years or so in regards to how the media operate, and without ties to one of the major publishing groups - which just doesn't exist. 

Maybe our resident Record staffer could bring this issue to light though, either on his Record blog or via GTBFO. :whistle:

14 hours ago, paisleyroad said:

This is actually disgusting, what is the best email to complain about his actions? should be posted here, remember lads, keep it clean and to the point while nailing this clown

Your work one, heard it gets the best results

22 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

The problem with that is most of the newspaper - tabloid and broadsheet - are owned by a handful of media conglomerates, and the biggest such in Newscorp are in no position to criticise this sort of thing. You'd need a publisher that wasn't implicated in any of the scandals of the last dozen years or so in regards to how the media operate, and without ties to one of the major publishing groups - which just doesn't exist. 

Maybe our resident Record staffer could bring this issue to light though, either on his Record blog or via GTBFO. :whistle:

I'm not a Record staffer. I'm not even employed by them. I'm a freelancer who sells them content independently. I even have to do my own taxes since I'm paid a fee by them and not a wage. 

I've got something that should be going up tomorrow (assuming it doesn't get pulled/heavily edited) that makes my position perfectly clear on the whole boycott stuff. Depending on what happens with that, I'd keep your eyes on GTBFO just incase. 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not a Record staffer. I'm not even employed by them. I'm a freelancer who sells them content independently. I even have to do my own taxes since I'm paid a fee by them and not a wage. 

I've got something that should be going up tomorrow (assuming it doesn't get pulled/heavily edited) that makes my position perfectly clear on the whole boycott stuff. Depending on what happens with that, I'd keep your eyes on GTBFO just incase. 

I know. "Record blogger" just read as patronising in that paragraph. (Maybe because for every decent writer with a blog, there's a JJ or Phil Macwhatever nutter with one too.) 

A good number of the journos who are published in print are freelance too, unless things have really changed in the newspaper industry. Obviously the more renown someone has the better their agreement with the paper will be, but technically a good number of them won't actually be staff members. (At least that's the way it was when a relative of mine worked for the Record a decade or so ago.)

I was only being half serious. My point was more that The Sun aren't going to print anything about The Record's antics on this issue, and it'll be sites like RO, GTBFO etc that we'd be relying on to report it, and then it's down to word of mouth from those reading the sites. (Though I think Rangers fans who read them regularly should be spreading the word about them in general.)

2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I know. "Record blogger" just read as patronising in that paragraph. (Maybe because for every decent writer with a blog, there's a JJ or Phil Macwhatever nutter with one too.) 

A good number of the journos who are published in print are freelance too, unless things have really changed in the newspaper industry. Obviously the more renown someone has the better their agreement with the paper will be, but technically a good number of them won't actually be staff members. (At least that's the way it was when a relative of mine worked for the Record a decade or so ago.)

I was only being half serious. My point was more that The Sun aren't going to print anything about The Record's antics on this issue, and it'll be sites like RO, GTBFO etc that we'd be relying on to report it, and then it's down to word of mouth from those reading the sites. (Though I think Rangers fans who read them regularly should be spreading the word about them in general.)

A lot of them are but plenty are actual staffers and employed in the same way most people are. Guys like Jackson etc are all staff and it's the bottom rung guys who tend to be freelance. 

I agree on your point about GTBFO etc but, for me at least, I'd rather keep my powder dry on certain things until I've got a few bits and pieces sorted at the Record end. (They've been sent something I, and the one or two people I've shown it to, think is a pretty fair appraisal of the whole thing and depending on what happens with that largely determines my next move)