Senior Daily record executive targets Rangers fan over complaint

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

Im sorry, but the guy shouldnt have used his company email. 

Reluctantly i spent a few months covering a union rep, and sat in a disciplinary hearing for a guy using company email to arrange his weekend. 

Why not just use your personal email? Its silly.

Aye, you're probably right. Silly mistake using the company email.

Does his job deserve to be in jeopardy over it, though? No fucking chance.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our fans group should put this article in the match programme let our support who don't use social media see the damage from this excuse of a paper.

If targeting 1 person with a complaint makes you wonder if there a wee bit worried  .

20 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Reluctantly i spent a few months covering a union rep, and sat in a disciplinary hearing for a guy using company email to arrange his weekend. 

Ahem . So that justifies the response he received targeting him ???

It was a complaint to the rebel and should have been dealt with as such

20 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

His job definitely doesn't deserve to be in jeopardy over it but some companies are just petty enough to take action over stuff like that and the scumbag contacting them will know that.

Says it all that they'd rather try and cause hassle with his employer than address his reasons for contacting them in the first place.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

His job definitely doesn't deserve to be in jeopardy over it but some companies are just petty enough to take action over stuff like that and the scumbag contacting them will know that.

Says it all that they'd rather try and cause hassle with his employer than address his reasons for contacting them in the first place.

:tu:

28 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Certainly not. But you can bet your bottom dollar by using it in that way he was outwith company policy. 

I must stress again, in no way am i condoning this, but the compliaint email has obviously came in plastered with the companys name. Its an own goal for the guy to give them bait like that.

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

Certainly not. But you can bet your bottom dollar by using it in that way he was outwith company policy. 

I must stress again, in no way am i condoning this, but the compliaint email has obviously came in plastered with the companys name. Its an own goal for the guy to give them bait like that.

This is a senior executive of one of Scotland's main papers that we're talking about ffs :lol:

Bait or no bait, it shouldn't have happened.

Was going to ask why the fuck are these bigoted cunts in a job where reporting on the present issues needs a clear mind and neutral impartial views?

But as they are all supporters of other teams who thrive on their hatred of our great club then I'm kind of answering my own question.

The daily rhebel is corrupt to the core and blatant in their hatred towards us, their not even trying to mask it.

Hope this national newspaper ends up on the scrap heap sooner rather than later.

I can't believe this, after all, a poster on here told us it was impartial while taking their coin. This is why this forum should ban the Daily Record shit from here but they seem to condone it.

Good work by the Rangers Observer.

24 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Good post and so true . Companies do things by the book unless you are the retarded rebel .

There is no doubt this rebel loving fuckwit ,knew he had fair chance of getting the complainant into trouble

53 minutes ago, gersandy said:

no he shouldnt. Lesson learned. 

The response from the record is malicious shit stirring to try and get the guy in trouble though.

57 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Your probably right however its two entirely seperate issues.  

What his own company policy is and how they react to personal use of company email is a entirely seperate issue to how the Daily Record are reacting to what sounds like a constructive complaint. 

A fucking journalist reacting in that way to what is the guys right to reply and have an opinion is fucking disgraceful.   

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

I can't believe this, after all, a poster on here told us it was impartial while taking their coin. This is why this forum should ban the Daily Record shit from here but they seem to condone it.

Good work by the Rangers Observer.

Ive made it perfectly clear what my personal views are on the DR - C&P the article.

I understand our fellow supporter writing to the Record to make his opinion and feelings known, and I agree that in hindsight he should have used his personal email address, he probably realises that himself. 

However the Record is a very small part of the Mirror group and maybe it should be their headquarters we should be mailing. I am sure, (sorry, I would hope),  they wouldn't take too kindly to a certain arm of their group potentially losing them millions in lost revenue due to a dramatic drop in readership, due to their stance on certain issues. This drop in readership, whether it be in hardcopy or internet, would reduce the audience that potential advertisers would be looking to target, the loss in revenue from those advetisers could be enough to cause the company as a whole to make redundancies. I  am sure that is the last thing that a large company would want, and all because of a very small part of the company..

They also need to be made aware of any derogatory content in any of their employees facebook or twitter accounts, as this is potentially bringing the main company into disrepute, which again would hit them severely in the pocket .if the advertisers decided the didn't want to be associated with such a company..

I have followed Rangers for over 50 years and have never seen such a venomous  campaign against any team, never mind Rangers, in that time. Journalism have gone from reporting facts to, "what we can't confirm, we'll make up!",

No messing with the Record, the parent company has to know why they are losing sales and money.

1 minute ago, rbt1548 said:

I understand our fellow supporter writing to the Record to make his opinion and feelings know, and I agree that in hindsight he should have used his personal email address, he probably realises that himself. 

However the Record is a very small part of the Mirror group and maybe it should be their headquarters we should be mailing. I am sure, (sorry, I would hope),  they wouldn't take too kindly to a certain arm of their group potentially losing them millions in lost revenue due to a dramatic drop in readership, due to their stance on certain issues. This drop in readership, whether it be in hardcopy or internet, would reduce the audience that potential advertisers would be looking to target, the loss in revenue from those advetisers could be enough to cause the company as a whole to make redundancies. I  am sure that is the last thing that a large company would want, and all because of a very small part of the company..

They also need to be made aware of any derogatory content in any of their employees facebook or twitter accounts, as this is potentially brining the main company into disrepute, which again would hit them severely in the pocket .if the advertisers decided the didn't want to be associated with such a company..

I have followed Rangers for over 50 years and have never seen such a venomous  campaign against any team, never mind Rangers, in that time. Journalism have gone from reporting facts to, "what we can't confirm, we'll make up!",

No messing with the Record, the parent company has to know why their losing sales and money.

I think in general the local press are a lost cause. If we do have issues it has to be escalated to parent companies or the national arm of the company (for example the BBC rather than BBC scotland) 

The local press seem like a law unto themselves and looking at the names in the article and their affiliations, thats a closed shop.

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

I agree, which is why we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot half the time......  

It's a no brainer in my work... company emails represent the company. A reply to that email is a reply back to the company. Personal emails in work time for non work related activity is a sure way of getting yirself in hot water. 

As you say - why not wait till he got home and then did what he felt he needed to do.

What exactly was wrong with the guy using his company e-mail address? If he was communicating with the DR guy directly and arguing back and forth then fair enough. But all he did was send a fair and polite complaint. Don't see the issue there. 

One thing I don't get is, they must've received hundreds of complaints recently regarding their agenda in the title stripping clamouring. Why has this guy in particular been targeted? Has this executive guy just reached the end of his tether with all these complaints coming in and decided to have a pop at this guy because he's used his work e-mail address?

Whatever the reason, this is simply scumbag and childish behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

What exactly was wrong with the guy using his company e-mail address? If he was communicating with the DR guy directly and arguing back and forth then fair enough. But all he did was send a fair and polite complaint. Don't see the issue there. 

One thing I don't get is, they must've received hundreds of complaints recently regarding their agenda in the title stripping clamouring. Why has this guy in particular been targeted? Has this executive guy just reached the end of his tether with all these complaints coming in and decided to have a pop at this guy because he's used his work e-mail address?

Whatever the reason, this is simply scumbag and childish behaviour. 

the reply is stating that because it was a company email , its the company that are complaining - not the person.