Is this our Gaffers strongest starting XI?

With the start of the season only a week away, I think today Pedro fielded what he feels would be our strongest starting XI. 

We looked comfortable as a team, and PC didn't look to want to change it up too much during the match apart from making a defensive change near the end. I think most were happy with the squad selection, and hope the manager is going to opt for some consistency in our starting line-up - something we didn t get at all last season. 

With the exception of maybe Hodson, I think it might be there or there abouts. A couple of good partnerships and understanding going on. 

Wes

Hodson(?) Cardoso Alves Wallace 

Candeias Jack Dorrans Windass

Miller Herrera 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I don't think Miller is the strongest choice. I'm hoping Morelos and Herrera are the front two, but it does appear that Pedro likes Miller's energy. As much as I think Tav is lacking in positional awareness it does appear he will be our 1st choice right back. Windasss? One decent pre-season match doesn't convince me especially the way he was so poor in the euro game.

I'd expect...

Fod

Tav Cardoso Alves Wallace

Jack Dorrans

Candeias               LCM

Miller Herrera

LCM is up for debate, at the weekend and longer term - think it's between Windass, Krancjar, Pena, Walker. Looks like Windass will get the nod at the weekend. 

I also think (despite his good goal today) that Miller is a real weak link now. He was rank rotten again today, aside from a good goal one of the few times he actually got his arse in the box. I think a quality striker to partner Herrera is important for the next step. 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Tav for Hodson and sign Walker and drop Windass.

Windass played well today but he shouldn't be near our starting 11. He's still one of the imposters imo

Was thinking during the game "Windass is playing pretty well" then as you say you remember what he has been like.

A new manager coming in should be a clean slate so if he stays and knuckles down then as a squad player I'd be ok with that but getting Walker on the left would be by far the better option (that includes Niko or Dalcio on the left)

I'm pleased Windass played well today - hopefully helps to attract a wee bit of interest from clubs down south.

I wouldn't let him anywhere near our starting 11 - he blew his chance to make it at Ibrox a long time ago as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, theweebluenose said:

Your words ya fucking clown, not "Laudrupesque" but "Sinclairesque".

What an absolute embarrassment, taig loving wanker.

Jesus someone's angry. I've got a few things to say about that but, I said Sinclairesque as I meant a PL standard winger that wasn't really doing the business for his side and we could a star man, I wouldn't have said Laudrupesque as we've got no chance of signing someone like that. Of course, that does make a taig loving wanker etc etc, have a nice night pal.

Just now, RDFM said:

Jesus someone's angry. I've got a few things to say about that but, I said Sinclairesque as I meant a PL standard winger that wasn't really doing the business for his side and we could a star man, I wouldn't have said Laudrupesque as we've got no chance of signing someone like that. Of course, that does make a taig loving wanker etc etc, have a nice night pal.

Sinclair :lol:

You couldn't even mention Larsson or a Tarrier who played on the international stage, a player who failed at Championship level.

Your Naismith avatar explains it all..

Just now, theweebluenose said:

Sinclair :lol:

You couldn't even mention Larsson or a Tarrier who played on the international stage, a player who failed at Championship level.

Your Naismith avatar explains it all..

Aye a mean he's literally the best player in the country so who else would I mention that fits the criteria? 

Always good to get a bite with the Naismith avatar though so cheers for that. 

29 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

With the start of the season only a week away, I think today Pedro fielded what he feels would be our strongest starting XI. 

We looked comfortable as a team, and PC didn't look to want to change it up too much during the match apart from making a defensive change near the end. I think most were happy with the squad selection, and hope the manager is going to opt for some consistency in our starting line-up - something we didn t get at all last season. 

With the exception of maybe Hodson, I think it might be there or there abouts. A couple of good partnerships and understanding going on. 

Wes

Hodson(?) Cardoso Alves Wallace 

Candeias Jack Dorrans Windass

Miller Herrera 

Not that far away in my opinion . 

I'm getting the feeling that this may be a year too much for Miller and I had hoped , with Morelos goal scoring record in Finland , he'd be a suitable replacement . 

I still have hopes for Pena , I'm hoping it's just a case of getting match fit , in which case I'd have him in for Windass . As I would have Tavernier for Hodson .

Hopefully we've another couple of signings to come , which would change it all over again . I feel , despite the improved performances in the friendlies , we are still not creating enough goal scoring chances , and this could do addressing . 

Just now, RDFM said:

Aye a mean he's literally the best player in the country so who else would I mention that fits the criteria? 

Always good to get a bite with the Naismith avatar though so cheers for that. 

Sinclair what a player, fuck McCann, Cooper, Laudrup and the likes. We should all strive for a player of his ability and pedigree.