What if !!

What if Rangers are a genuine title contender.

Scottish football would implode, just imagine a team that people were lining up to take pot shots at coming back to their former selves and taking football by the scruff of the neck once more.

For my sins I listened to the Clyde phone in last night and there were a few callers who couldn't wait to get the small matter of their team playing to stay in Europe out of the way to talk about their obsession and tell us we haven't improved. 

With the change in personnel over the summer anybody that says we haven't improved as a squad is simply deluded, have we improved enough to get it right up them .... only time will tell.

Hope so.:Scotland::Fod:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper we are vastly better than last year, particularly at the back and DM. For me the weak link and where we may struggle to be genuine contenders is our forwards. 

Like it or not Celtic have a great finisher in dembele and even someone like Griffiths has consistently scored in the top league. Pre-season still hasn't convinced me that we have brought anyone prolific into that area and we still look wasteful. I have hopes for Morelos but he doesn't yet look fit. Herrera is a decent player but will be more of a strongman who will hold off defenders and create for the main striker, I don't think he will score a large number of goals. This could be the deciding factor for me. 

Its all about results. Simple 1-0 away wins that we simply were unable to get last year. And we need to do it more than cellic. We also need to stop cellic taking 10 of a possible 12 points of us for a start. i think we certainly have a better squad than alst year - but can they get us the results we need on a regular basis?

20 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

On paper we are vastly better than last year, particularly at the back and DM. For me the weak link and where we may struggle to be genuine contenders is our forwards. 

Like it or not Celtic have a great finisher in dembele and even someone like Griffiths has consistently scored in the top league. Pre-season still hasn't convinced me that we have brought anyone prolific into that area and we still look wasteful. I have hopes for Morelos but he doesn't yet look fit. Herrera is a decent player but will be more of a strongman who will hold off defenders and create for the main striker, I don't think he will score a large number of goals. This could be the deciding factor for me. 

The CL play Off draw on Friday could be the deciding factor in whether they sell dembele now or later.  If they do qualify and they sell him then the are putting a lot of reliance on the thumb over 50 or so games.

What is imperative is that other teams than us take points off them.  Last season even we struggled.

1 hour ago, steven33jackie said:

What if Rangers are a genuine title contender.

Scottish football would implode, just imagine a team that people were lining up to take pot shots at coming back to their former selves and taking football by the scruff of the neck once more.

For my sins I listened to the Clyde phone in last night and there were a few callers who couldn't wait to get the small matter of their team playing to stay in Europe out of the way to talk about their obsession and tell us we haven't improved. 

With the change in personnel over the summer anybody that says we haven't improved as a squad is simply deluded, have we improved enough to get it right up them .... only time will tell.

Hope so.:Scotland::Fod:

I'll wait until we have a few convincing competitive victories under our belt and aren't bleeding goals heavier than a prostitutes prolapsed anus before I start waving my chubby about. 

Once bitten twice shy and all that. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

When the day comes we win 55 this country will go into absolute melt down , there will be taigs put into straight jackets for their own safety , press be foaming at the mouth I canny fucking wait :dance:

I'm gonna fund a grandstand on the Erskine Bridge with free beer so we can all get a good view of the demented unwashed throwing themselves off it, with a prize for the best sevco wail as they plummet to the mud below. :cup:

5 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

I'm gonna fund a grandstand on the Erskine Bridge with free beer so we can all get a good view of the demented unwashed throwing themselves off it, with a prize for the best sevco wail as they plummet to the mud below. :cup:

Maybe get it sponsored by Halfords bikes :mutley:

2 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

If u look back to last year tho dembele never really set the world alight at the start of the season,it wasnt until the cunt scored a hat trick against us tht he got goin,so morelos will get scorin after he nets his first couple then wel toutin him for 40 million :winnings:

They're a good team, Brenda's got Them playing well. However, if we were to beat them their confidence could be snot, and they go on a run of poor results, could it be so? 

We need to beat them at Ibrox, throw down a marker for the coming season. Get them worried, get inside their head, then start the mind games. ??