Windass Up Front ?

tannerall

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Frustrating as the early part of the game he looked unstoppable after that he tired and should have been subbed.

Spot on.

He's obviously got some qualities.

Whether he has the smarts to make anything out of them is another question altogether.

4 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

For who though? We need Walker in for certain.

I would have given Morelos some more game time but for Herrera, as you say our options are limited in Windass Position.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I would have given Morelos some more game time but for Herrera, as you say our options are limited in Windass Position.

I guess we could have pushed Miller out wide and put Morelos up front. Or we could have switched Candeias and Windass. Dalcio could have come on, but I'm thinking he's probably only going to be used when we are coasting a game.

Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I guess we could have pushed Miller out wide and put Morelos up front. Or we could have switched Candeias and Windass. Dalcio could have come on, but I'm thinking he's probably only going to be used when we are coasting a game.

I was disappointed in Herrera today but he and Miller should never be the Pairing as Miller never plays the striker role I bet he'd have been better with Morelos.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Anyone having a go at Windass on today's performance is clearly at it. As for fading out the game, not so, the second half was a great deal about consolidating what we had to do in order to secure the win. 

Maybe we expect more than twenty/thirty minutes from a player.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I was disappointed in Herrera today but he and Miller should never be the Pairing as Miller never plays the striker role I bet he'd have been better with Morelos.

I was shouting at the TV for Morelos to come on for Miller for ages. Then Miller trudges off for Wilson and I near had a hissy fit :lol:. Glad wee Fredo got on for about 10 mins - I thought he looked decent.

3 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I think we will get more from Morelos than the big Mexican he looked good for the short period of time that he was on

Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I was shouting at the TV for Morelos to come on for Miller for ages. Then Miller trudges off for Wilson and I near had a hissy fit :lol:. Glad wee Fredo got on for about 10 mins - I thought he looked decent.

He did he links up well and gets himself in good positions I actually thought he out performed Herrera in his short time on the Pitch.

Just now, Smile said:

Maybe we expect more than twenty/thirty minutes from a player.

Obviously, but first game of the season, and away from home where the three points were the most crucical thing to take from the match; using his ability to change his pace brilliantly at times; changing the direction of play one way, then another; nearly scored two wonder goals, maybe three; and then kept a lot of composure throughout the game. The game changed in the second half, and rightly so, because it had to; but he played well, for the whole game.