Windass

MrMckee

Just now, psb07158 said:

Windass put in some shift. Visibly fucked after 80 mins but still running himself into the ground. 

He looks like he's knuckled down and realised he will never have it as good as he does here

Pretty much, he must know he will never be at a club like this again. A smart man takes that 2nd chance and runs with it, Windass seems to be doing that so full credit to him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Windass put in some shift. Visibly fucked after 80 mins but still running himself into the ground. 

He looks like he's knuckled down and realised he will never have it as good as he does here

Agree with this.

His burst of pace is fantastic as well, a good start to the Season and there's no reason for him to lose his starting place. Shame he didn't get a goal tonight. 

He is certainly playing better this season and putting in much more effort, but I keep thinking his football brain is poor.

I hope he proves me wrong but I am still not convinced about him, if he plays on Sat and does well against Hivs then I might consider joining his fan club.   

Boys only 23, the coaching from the two Pedros and Helder is clearly making a difference, room for a lot of improvement but the boys got bags of potential.

For me one of the biggest pluses of the close season has been the way we've rid ourselves of the players who either couldnt or wouldnt take on board Pedro's methods or just didnt have it, he did not fuck about just told them to find new clubs allowing the coaching staff to concentrate on guys like Windass, the improvement from him and Tav has been marked.

17 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I agree desire to track back in last ten minutes when he was blowing out his arse and we were 6-0 up is a huge change in his attitude...early days but here's hoping.

Agree with this but he shouldn't be blowing out his arse with 10 mi9nute to go. He has potential but I've got a bad feeling about him, really hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Agree with this.

His burst of pace is fantastic as well, a good start to the Season and there's no reason for him to lose his starting place. Shame he didn't get a goal tonight. 

He needs to work on his finishing - unlucky with his chance at the end the keeper made a good save but he doesn't hit the target often enough from decent positions he gets himself into. If he can keep this form up and add ~10 goals a season from LM then we will definitely have a multi £m player, just months after we all thought he was a shitebag flop. 

Just now, Grundy said:

Agree with this but he shouldn't be blowing out his arse with 10 mi9nute to go. He has potential but I've got a bad feeling about him, really hope I'm wrong.

Didn't you see the runs he was making? I fully expected him to be absolutely fucked but he pushed the effort out and kept going until the final whistle. Consistent 90 mins will do him a world of good

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He needs to work on his finishing - unlucky with his chance at the end the keeper made a good save but he doesn't hit the target often enough from decent positions he gets himself into. If he can keep this form up and add ~10 goals a season from LM then we will definitely have a multi £m player, just months after we all thought he was a shitebag flop. 

Most of his opportunities came when he seemed fairly drained. But I don't think we can be too harsh on his finishing. A few goals in pre-season and a bawhair away from 2 goals on Sunday. 

I really think he'll keep it up, seems a new man. 

11 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Most of his opportunities came when he seemed fairly drained. But I don't think we can be too harsh on his finishing. A few goals in pre-season and a bawhair away from 2 goals on Sunday. 

I really think he'll keep it up, seems a new man. 

Fingers crossed for another good performance on Saturday

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Didn't you see the runs he was making? I fully expected him to be absolutely fucked but he pushed the effort out and kept going until the final whistle. Consistent 90 mins will do him a world of good

Sincerely hope you're right and I'm being over critical and he goes on to be  an important player for us, not doubting his ability, but I,ve just got a hunch it isn't going to work. 

Folk saying he is better than McKay after a couple of not bad performances.

I'm not saying McKay is a world beater. He definitely was inconsistent but he'd played against championship level defenders for a long time.

They are both young players learning the game, neither are anywhere near consistent enough to be classed as good enough. I'd add both have some ability.

If you ask me this far, a couple of games isn't enough to convince me that windass has a better attitude or ability than McKay. If windass has a couple of decent seasons I'll happily eat my words.

Right now I'd pick McKay every day of the week.