Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Siam69

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I think I made the point already (but not sure so I'll make it again) but how does what that person say constitute a death threat? He's not threatened to do anything 

Exactly, if I said I'd love to rob Bill Gates of half his money it wouldn't be seen as a threat 

Is it a crime to dislike someone or wish them I'll fortune? Apparently so

Same with FTP, how is it illegal to say fuck someone? If someone mentions the pope and someone says "fuck him" is that a sectarian slur if you're not a Rangers fan?

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

still no statement from the club regarding Saturday very concerning.

Club 1872 statement should been about the ref said that yesterday

The Club does not seem up for the fight and is using the Rangers Observer to get out what they want to say, but it doesn't carry the same weight as it would if coming from the Club.

They have this Lennon thing wrong but they have done quite well I've thought with other statements.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

The Club does not seem up for the fight and is using the Rangers Observer to get out what they want to say, but it doesn't carry the same weight as it would if coming from the Club.

They have this Lennon thing wrong but they have done quite well I've thought with other statements.

:tu: agree mate but we should be applying  pressure onto the SPFL bosses to explain what went on.. If it happened over the other end of the city there would of been statements out first light this morning 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

STV news just said Rangers made no comment when asked about the statement.

If the club are gonna just sit n take what happened on Saturday then we deserve everything we get

No comment is the right way to deal with such a shite, cringey statement. The club should not want to be associated with mopey pish like that. Leave that to Celtic.

As for the ref, I think it's far too early in the season for the club to be making a statement about referees. If it continues, yes. But I've seen fans on here today backtracking on the Ryan Jack sending off having seen further footage of the incident. It does not appear to be so clear cut today that he did not deserve a red, and certainly not so clear cut that it was down to bias rather than simply a crap decision. 

Our focus as a support at this stage should be constructive criticism of the team and manager when warranted, not the 'Celtic way' of over the top reactions of screaming 'bias' and looking to be offended at every turn. 

3 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

No comment is the right way to deal with such a shite, cringey statement. The club should not want to be associated with mopey pish like that. Leave that to Celtic.

As for the ref, I think it's far too early in the season for the club to be making a statement about referees. If it continues, yes. But I've seen fans on here today backtracking on the Ryan Jack sending off having seen further footage of the incident. It does not appear to be so clear cut today that he did not deserve a red, and certainly not so clear cut that it was down to bias rather than simply a crap decision. 

Our focus as a support at this stage should be constructive criticism of the team and manager when warranted, not the 'Celtic way' of over the top reactions of screaming 'bias' and looking to be offended at every turn. 

over the top reaction fuck up ya roaster

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

over the top reaction fuck up ya roaster

Well some fans on here aren't certain today re Jack, whereas yesterday it was unanimous. To me it would be over the top to jump in screaming bias to a decision that for some is uncertain, others wrong/shit.....but too early to be drafting a statement all about our fears about bias. Or Lennon gesturing to the crowd following a goal. We gave him shit, he gave us shit....I don't see a problem that requires a statement. He's an arsehole who's done worse before and will do so again....and that will be the time for an effective and respected statement. 

1 minute ago, Blue72 said:

Quite a few on here are mate check the other thread 

It deepens on what he got the red card for the coming together when stokes grabbed him. Or was it because he put his head in on stokes.

if its option 2 it's a straight red and all will agree.

1 minute ago, thegambler said:

Their statement did publically ask the police to look into it though. 

And why not? His get it up ye gestures could incite a riot and if it did the club would be to blame - it's not unreasonable to get this shit nailed down. Prevention is better than cure and the double standards with Lennon needs to stop. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And why not? His get it up ye gestures could incite a riot and if it did the club would be to blame - it's not unreasonable to get this shit nailed down. Prevention is better than cure and the double standards with Lennon needs to stop. 

I get the point you've been making all along, but I personally think this has become a sideshow that's detracting attention from the real issue this weekend, which was the abysmal refereeing display.  Especially the way it's now been spun. 

17 minutes ago, thegambler said:

Their statement did publically ask the police to look into it though. 

Nope it didnt.

We hope that Police Scotland will speak directly to Mr Lennon over the coming days and at the very least give him a warning over his future conduct at Ibrox.

And that is totally different to the formal complaint which has been tendered which is the catalyst to the current Police probe.

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

Nope it didnt.

And that is totally different to the formal complaint which has been tendered which is the catalyst to the current Police probe.

I didn't say the statement formally asked for an investigation, but they certainly wished to bring the police's attention to it. Regardless, it's had a negative effect imo. As I wrote above. 

3 minutes ago, thegambler said:

I didn't say the statement formally asked for an investigation, but they certainly wished to bring the police's attention to it. Regardless, it's had a negative effect imo. As I wrote above. 

Do you think Gambler that Lennon's behaviour is consistent with the summation I posted erlier in the thread from Sheriff McKay ?

5 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Do you think Gambler that Lennon's behaviour is consistent with the summation I posted erlier in the thread from Sheriff McKay ?

What's the thread title? On mobile so doesn't show the OP names. I'll have a look and let you know.