Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Siam69

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Me, I care.  Andy Halliday got sent off for inciting a riot when he fist pumped the air during a goal celebration.  Ear cupping should also be removal from the pitch and/or touchline.  I demand consistency.

The Halliday sending off was a ridiculous decision that shouldn't be repeated again and for the record it was a 2nd yellow he got for the celebration so even if Lennon was dealt with by the referee he wouldn't have been sent to the stands.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The Halliday sending off was a ridiculous decision that shouldn't be repeated again and for the record it was a 2nd yellow he got for the celebration so even if Lennon was dealt with by the referee he wouldn't have been sent to the stands.

Lennon wasn't dealt with at all on Saturday.  He's cupped his ears at Ibrox before at the manager of Celtic and was warned by Police.  He's now doing it again so obviously hasn't taken any notice of the warnings.  He should be called to task by the SPFL. 

It's all fun and games until people start running on to the pitch and attacking him as happened to him back in 2011.

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

This was Sheriff Archibald McKay's summation from the Woods/Butcher/Roberts/McAvennie trial.

Screenshot_328.thumb.png.9e148a16f22abefb70f6fe17dc4b8022.png

A lot of people go to the football with a drink in them and they get emotionally charged.  Opposition players and staff come here thinking they can just keep poking the crowd with a stick and nothing's going to happen.  One day, this will spill out on to the pitch as it did back in 2016.  It's playing with fire and anyone who can't see that is kidding themselves on. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Lennon wasn't dealt with at all on Saturday.  He's cupped his ears at Ibrox before at the manager of Celtic and was warned by Police.  He's now doing it again so obviously hasn't taken any notice of the warnings.  He should be called to task by the SPFL. 

It's all fun and games until people start running on to the pitch and attacking him as happened to him back in 2011.

If people run on the pitch and attack him then that's their problem for allowing themselves to be wound up by his pish.

I was at the game on Saturday and didn't even know about him gesturing towards the fans until late on Saturday night. 

If our support spent more time looking at the pitch instead of his dugout trying to find something to be offended by then his actions would become the irrelevance they deserve to be.

Instead we adopt the victim mentality and play right into his hands and now to make matters worse we have this fucking shambles releasing statements about it. It's embarrassing.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

A lot of people go to the football with a drink in them and they get emotionally charged.  Opposition players and staff come here thinking they can just keep poking the crowd with a stick and nothing's going to happen.  One day, this will spill out on to the pitch as it did back in 2016.  It's playing with fire and anyone who can't see that is kidding themselves on. 

Whilst its certainly a consideration TMB - I dont think drink is the determining factor here.

The judge's summation seems to acknowledge that football matches are a highly charged atmosphere and places an onus on those involved on the pitch to behave in a responsible manner and to exhibit a wider responsibility than those in spectator areas.

Lennon has failed to do that.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If people run on the pitch and attack him then that's their problem for allowing themselves to be wound up by his pish.

I was at the game on Saturday and didn't even know about him gesturing towards the fans until late on Saturday night. 

If our support spent more time looking at the pitch instead of his dugout trying to find something to be offended by then his actions would become the irrelevance they deserve to be.

Instead we adopt the victim mentality and play right into his hands and now to make matters worse we have this fucking shambles releasing statements about it. It's embarrassing.

I have to look over the top of their dugout to see the pitch - so it's a bit unavoidable.

I wasn't looking to be offended - it was thrust on me.

19 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No it's his problem and Rangers problem,  who says the guy who attacks him does not have a knife?  It would be us as a club that is hammered or is this what he is wanting someone to run on the pitch and have a pop at him like they did in the west end and Tynecastle? 

Our fans need to not raise to the bait, go to their midden and stuff them, everyone who scores do  an Ally and run over to their technical area and make the motion that they have not left the field of play while ripping him a new one as that was a class celebration in front of the east enclosure 

You wonder why Hibs appointed Lennon with Scotland being the powder keg it is just now and their antics in the Scottish cup, you would think they would want to tone it down.

At the end of the day Lennon behaved like a total Ned instead of a football manager no class.

And it cud have caused a lot of trouble and he would have played the victim card.

We get abuse from all corners with no one questioning who starts it in the first place.We saw it clearly from govan rear and we're all up on our feet raging as well.

Same with the Stokes and Mcgeoch who both shud have walked.

Im still raging as I think we wud have won the game only because of the ref who was 1 cheating bas!!!!

And as for the police parking there vans at the side of govan rear when we came out leaving little space for us to walk wtf.

They were causing more problems delaying ppl heading for buses .some fans complained as they were not helping saying they shud leave more space so the area cud be cleared bef the away fans got out and 1 arrogant cop said stuff you's.

Glad to see some guys go over to a older cop looked like he was in charge to complain ? Even though nothing wud be said or happen.

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

Who the fuck are we making statements to? 

We are hated by every non-Rangers minded soul in this country. Who the fuck are we trying to plead to with statements? 

£18.72 pcm mate. Direct debit preferred. 

18 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I have to look over the top of their dugout to see the pitch - so it's a bit unavoidable.

I wasn't looking to be offended - it was thrust on me.

Fair point on it being unavoidable for you.

I still wouldn't be getting offended by it though, not when the full stadium was belting out "Neil Lennon you're a wanker" not long before it.

Don't give it out if we can't take it back.

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No it's his problem and Rangers problem,  who says the guy who attacks him does not have a knife?  It would be us as a club that is hammered or is this what he is wanting someone to run on the pitch and have a pop at him like they did in the west end and Tynecastle? 

Our fans need to not raise to the bait, go to their midden and stuff them, everyone who scores do  an Ally and run over to their technical area and make the motion that they have not left the field of play while ripping him a new one as that was a class celebration in front of the east enclosure 

You wonder why Hibs appointed Lennon with Scotland being the powder keg it is just now and their antics in the Scottish cup, you would think they would want to tone it down.

They're entitled to hire whoever they want tbf and maybe he was the best option available to them after Stubbs left? Or at least that was their belief.

26 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Awww come on tae fuck :lol: 

What is it we want him to do when his team scores after we've been hurling abuse at him? Politely applaud the goal and then go back to the dugout? Or would that offend us as well?

If we won the match on Saturday then this statement wouldn't exist because we wouldn't give a fuck about Lennon and his celebrations and that is the most tragic and embarrassing thing about the whole situation.

1 minute ago, Detroit Lion said:

Yeah, but still not nearly blowing things out of proportion as much as some are RE Lennon.

I don't specifically mean on here. 

You are on here posting the exaggeration so i am safe to presume you meant on here.

It clearly is blowing things more out of proportion unless you can tell us who actually has suffered a brain haemorrhage?

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fair point on it being unavoidable for you.

I still wouldn't be getting offended by it though, not when the full stadium was belting out "Neil Lennon you're a wanker" not long before it.

Don't give it out if we can't take it back.

There is that, but they get paid a lot of money, part of which is to cover stuff such as that (within reason, obviously).

12 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

Mon tae fuck... That was terrible :lol:

Just my presumption which you encouraged, female because your post was melodramatic and spastic because your attempt at spelling haemorrhage.

Not as terrible as "chump":lol: