Will the board speak now

Smile

Will the board speak now on Beaton with Jack winning his appeal.?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Will the board speak now on Beaton with Jack winning his appeal.?

Pedro said in 1 of his pressers that he had spoke to the match officials  and showed them the incidents he questioned. The board will not do anything publicly but I am sure our new guy in the Spfl panel will say something about the standards of refs : 4 reds 3 recinded means something is wrong.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Stay off the lager shandies.

We should seek justice, just no need for a statement from the board eveey week.

It was that way when we were in the lower divisions and being fucked over.

The level of referee hasn't improved much. 3 red carfs were rescinded yestaerday. 3 potentially match deciding deciscions.

It's not only us who notice it.

So you want the board to act like taigs just not let anyone know they are acting like taigs. ???

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We were good for fifteen minutes, then Hibs were the better team for the rest.

For a large spell of that Hibs were certainly pressing but it wasn't like Rangers weren't playing well, for the most part they were defending well and still creating opportunities, example of that was the ball played to Morelos but was brought down which led to them scoring their equaliser. There is no doubt in my mind had things continued Rangers would have pressured them to score more goals.

The team can only move on and build on from this but having rewatched over the the first half of the game it wasn't quite what some folk were making it out to be. I've got every bit of belief Rangers will progress from this and get a string of results, I don't doubt the ability of the team at all, for me it was a one of freakish result because of the sending off.

22 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I don't doubt the ability of the team at all, for me it was a one of freakish result because of the sending off.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you but based on what I saw, i just can't if I'm being honest with myself. The game against Motherwell the week before we had 11 players on the park for 90 minutes and were fortunate to take all 3 points imo. Started off strong but again faded, especially in the 2nd half. I could see that happening as a more likely outcome v hibs even if the red card had never been. Each to their own though. 

3 minutes ago, thegambler said:

I wish I could be as optimistic as you but based on what I saw, i just can't if I'm being honest with myself. The game against Motherwell the week before we had 11 players on the park for 90 minutes and were fortunate to take all 3 points imo. Started off strong but again faded, especially in the 2nd half. I could see that happening as a more likely outcome v hibs even if the red card had never been. Each to their own though. 

I have always been a very optimistic person, even in times of the darkest times, I remember going back to the period where Celtic supporters were saying they won the title before the league began, who did Rangers sign? Prso and Novo and I said Rangers are going to win the league this year, what happened? Rangers won the league. It's because I'm someone who even if Rangers are 3 points behind at current I have the belief that Rangers can turn that around and pressure Celtic.

I don't fault you, I agree that there are certain aspects of Rangers game that needs improved and for me that is the full back area, I'm not so confident with the gap especially down Rangers left side, I'm pretty sure Rangers could much improve by bringing someone of quality in that position. 

The way I look at the game against Motherwell is that it was the first taste of Scottish football for many of our new players and I think that for me was an eye opener for them, I therefore believe that as more games are underway that they will only improve, be better prepared, but I respect your view on that. You're right though in many ways Rangers were fortunate in that game.

I personally felt against Hibs Rangers were eventually going to find a 2nd and 3rd goal, but as I say I wouldn't fault you on your opinion of that. We can only wait and see how things go regarding results, if Rangers can string together wins right up to the old firm game then it'll perhaps build more confidence in people, we can only judge over the longer haul. I would concede myself that if Rangers fail to pick up points and go far behind then it's time Pedro would have to go, but I keep the faith, I'm positive Rangers can do well.

Just now, RangersScotty9 said:

I have always been a very optimistic person, even in times of the darkest times, I remember going back to the period where Celtic supporters were saying they won the title before the league began, who did Rangers sign? Prso and Novo and I said Rangers are going to win the league this year, what happened? Rangers won the league. It's because I'm someone who even if Rangers are 3 points behind at current I have the belief that Rangers can turn that around and pressure Celtic.

I don't fault you, I agree that there are certain aspects of Rangers game that needs improved and for me that is the full back area, I'm not so confident with the gap especially down Rangers left side, I'm pretty sure Rangers could much improve by bringing someone of quality in that position. 

The way I look at the game against Motherwell is that it was the first taste of Scottish football for many of our new players and I think that for me was an eye opener for them, I therefore believe that as more games are underway that they will only improve, be better prepared, but I respect your view on that. You're right though in many ways Rangers were fortunate in that game.

I personally felt against Hibs Rangers were eventually going to find a 2nd and 3rd goal, but as I say I wouldn't fault you on your opinion of that. We can only wait and see how things go regarding results, if Rangers can string together wins right up to the old firm game then it'll perhaps build more confidence in people, we can only judge over the longer haul. I would concede myself that if Rangers fail to pick up points and go far behind then it's time Pedro would have to go, but I keep the faith, I'm positive Rangers can do well.

Fair enough mate. I respect your positivity. 

1 minute ago, thegambler said:

Fair enough mate. I respect your positivity. 

At the end of the day mate I won't knock people for how they personally feel, but I have faith, I just believe that where things need sorting the most is full back position and positive if we can get Walker in Rangers will be in a very strong position. Got to go into the game against Celtic believing we can win and who knows, if we do it could see us doing well this season, we can only wait and see.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

My statement would be something like "Rangers employee you scum loving mutants at the Sfa to give us the idiot of a ref ever again 

This is what I don't get mate, why the hell is he allowed to come back up and ref in this division again or even ref at all? I think he's suspended only for this weekend or something, the SFA are a joke.

9 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Well that is absolutely tragic.

brenda is noted as saying he will be keeping a file on every refereeing decision that his team face, and I'll bet you it will not do them any harm. Just watch the actions taken by the scum if someone throttles broon and gets a yellow. Watch them when Bruno dives on a scum forward and the scum guy gets the yellow.

Those cunts know that shouting does make a difference and dignified silence in all walks of life gets you nowhere.

5 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

How the likes of Stokes never faced a red card and for me there is no way he didn't see what went on with the challenge on Tavernier or Morelos, it was that rugby tackle on Morelos that led to their equaliser. 

You're wasting your breath as there are some on here who now feel all is well it ends well. We got the red card overturned. The scum and the MSM would keep the assault by stokes going for years.

For what it's worth, I believe Pedro is saying things between the lines and will go radge soon if these decisions continue.

Be like brenda, keep a file of events.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We were good for fifteen minutes, then Hibs were the better team for the rest.

... after they escaped a 100% Red card and we suffered a 100% wrongful Red decision.

Please keep it in context.

I will concede that they did play well.

Our player, Jack, may have been cleared. However, that sending off still might have cost us 3 points. They can't do nothing about that though can they? Maybe if a player is found to be, incorrectly sent off, and his team lose, the game could be played again from the point when the player got red carded. They would continue at the same score it was when the red card occurred. It might make officials think twice before issuing a red card.

Other countries have such a system in play, if a game is ABANDONED. They restart the game from the exact time it was stopped for whatever reason, usually weather related, or floodlight failure. This is a system we should be following. If a game is abandoned at half time and the away team is up 0-2, it is grossly unfair that the game gets restarted from the beginning again. Under current regulations, if a player picks up a yellow card, it still counts against him, even though the game has been voided. These rules should be looked at by FIFA, and the same rules should apply every where.

PS If a game is abandoned because of players fighting with each other, a rule could be set aside for that.

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tlb getting away with what another manager got a 4 game ban for.

A pivotal decision against us rescinded - referee erred.

4 potential red card situations for our opponents not dealt with at the time nor retrospectively.

No apparent apology from a Referee supervisor despite a precedent for lesser injustices in similar circumstances.

No ambiguity in any if those as I can see.

Stop ignoring it like a pathetic apologist instead of likening folk to paranoid tarriers due to your lack of conviction to see wrongs being righted.

Apologist :lol:

All we need now is "handwringer" to be used and that's me completed this game of RM Bingo.

That's it went from 5 possible red cards to 4 now. Take another one off and you'll be a wee bit closer to the mark.

14 hours ago, Smile said:

Will the board come out and speak now on Beaton with Jack winning his appeal.?

IMO they should do Smile - the judicial review which was being undertaken has now been completed & found in our favour

However I wouldnt hold my breath

On Monday Jackson wrote an article comparing our club to North Korea - it would have taken all of 5 minutes to usurp his article and utterly destroy its credibility  - instead we were met with an all too familiar silence.

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Stay off the lager shandies.

We should seek justice, just no need for a statement from the board eveey week.

It was that way when we were in the lower divisions and being fucked over.

The level of referee hasn't improved much. 3 red carfs were rescinded yestaerday. 3 potentially match deciding deciscions.

It's not only us who notice it.

Aye but the other sending offs were genuine mistakes. Jack's sending off was pure corruption.

Get with the program.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Apologist :lol:

All we need now is "handwringer" to be used and that's me completed this game of RM Bingo.

That's it went from 5 possible red cards to 4 now. Take another one off and you'll be a wee bit closer to the mark.

Stokes on tav

Stokes on Jack

Mcgeoch on everyone repeatedly

McGregor on Morelos

Tag team on Pena.

Fucking handwringer 

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Stokes on tav

Stokes on Jack

Mcgeoch on everyone repeatedly

McGregor on Morelos

Tag team on Pena.

Fucking handwringer 

All potential red cards, but seen and dealt with by the referee so the compliance officer has no recourse. 

The red was rescinded. 

I'm not sure what you want the board to actually ask for?

Beaton to be fired for having a shocker? We'd quickly run out of referees. 

Parity in decisions? When Motherwell had 3 men off, 2 appealed and 1 rescinded at the same time. 

Only area the SFA have really fucked up in is not citing TLB, but fuck giving that paranoid bam the attention he craves in an official statement. 

5 hours ago, Cam1872 said:

We are only moaning because we got beat. 

We are better than that, and should never forget it. 

I am raging because we got beat.

I am calm when assessing the Referees performance as being central to that. Jack was wrongly carded, others in green got away scot fŕee for red card conduct and are still not under disciplinary review.

Tlb should not face police action, but should face football authority sanctions given his conduct. That's based on precedent and parity.

Yet some in here are more content to blame Jack, find him guilty, call it taig like to seek answer to the above and even resort to looking to balance it out with commenting further red cards for Rangers players. Irony.

I'll assume that not seeking explanation, resolution, apology, judicial parity and going forward a level playing field is what us being "better than that" means to you.

Yeah that's serving us well.

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

All potential red cards, but seen and dealt with by the referee so the compliance officer has no recourse. 

The red was rescinded. 

I'm not sure what you want the board to actually ask for?

Beaton to be fired for having a shocker? We'd quickly run out of referees. 

Parity in decisions? When Motherwell had 3 men off, 2 appealed and 1 rescinded at the same time. 

Only area the SFA have really fucked up in is not citing TLB, but fuck giving that paranoid bam the attention he craves in an official statement. 

Plenty there I accept.

Early on I said there would likely be no recourse for their players as the ref had taken action at the time. But thats not certain with either the full stokes action on tav or the throat grab on Jack. Certainly the latter he has taken some action but that's not to say everyone's involvement has been addressed.

In the past this has been clarified by the compliance officer which incidents can or cannot be reassessed and why. I don't think an explanation here would go amiss. Others have had apologies from refereeing Heads, we don't even know what is going on if anything (though given games are tomorrow can now safely assume hee haw).

Fired? No. But has he got away with this performance? Answers on a postcard as we don't know yet folk are content to believe his next game is a demotion. Oh well then that's ok even if it was planned that way. 

Parity primarily relates to tlb and comparing his conduct to that which faced Fenlon. No more no less. Not to follow this route leads us down a path of questioning integrity of decisions being based on the conduct or the specific individual.

3 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

brenda is noted as saying he will be keeping a file on every refereeing decision that his team face, and I'll bet you it will not do them any harm. Just watch the actions taken by the scum if someone throttles broon and gets a yellow. Watch them when Bruno dives on a scum forward and the scum guy gets the yellow.

Those cunts know that shouting does make a difference and dignified silence in all walks of life gets you nowhere.

And that is absolutely pathetic from them.

Not wanting the board issuing statements on refereeing performances doesn't mean you want a dignified silence :lol: things like title stripping/pitch invasions etc by all means go after them, referring performances though? Embarrassing.