JukeBoxJohn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

What's the verdict on him so far then?

First and foremost getting the win was the main thing today so not trying to kill the mood, however since that man of the match debut at Fir Park Dorrans has offered virtually fuck all in my eyes. Seen a few posters in the match thread saying similar so I can't be the only one!

Needs to find a bit of form and fast because we can't afford to have any passengers in that midfield.

I hoped he would be the midfielder to thread passes through and unlock defences though tbh I have been pretty disappointed in him so far.

Think hes a good player who can play well without being outstanding. Wins the ball, tracks men, tackles and does the easy pass. Finds himself having to cover for others mistakes. If we were a well oiled side with everyone at the top of their game Dorrans would be outstanding 

21 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

He needs to play higher up. Being totally limited by the formation (as is the team imo). I personally would ditch the 4-4-2. 

I agree he needs to play higher up the field tho in behind the strikers which wouldn't be 442 

13 minutes ago, TopCat said:

What type of player is that?

Genuine question.

Personally ,I feel/agree that  he can play much better than he did today -  but over all  I think he's class and will prove to be a very important player for us over the course of the season

I think everybody thought we were getting an attack minded midfielder. There are people in this thread still saying that's where they want him to play when people who are close to Dorrans were on heretelling us that he plays a lot deeper now and that's where he had been playing for Norwich since he joined them since we were first linked with him.

Still very early, I still think he'll prove himself to be the best midfield player in the SPL this season.

But....if you want to see him doing more going forward, if you want to see defence splitting passes....we need more quality ahead of him in the final third. A great pass requires a great run and we just don't have quality in the final third at the moment besides Morelos. 

I think he has just done a job without being a stand out in recent games. At the end of the day he's played 4 games and scored 2 that's not a bad return for a midfielder. As others have said will get better as the season goes on we will need his experience for the big games, always the first name on the team sheet for me.

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Been nowhere near a 7/10 in the last three games.

Holt and Halliday have produced the same type of performances and been slated. Dorrans and Jack getting let off massively on here for average at best performances.

Have you been sniffing clue?dorrans and jack have been so much better than fucking holt and Halliday and if you can't see that then god help you 

1 hour ago, ScotBear said:

Still very early, I still think he'll prove himself to be the best midfield player in the SPL this season.

But....if you want to see him doing more going forward, if you want to see defence splitting passes....we need more quality ahead of him in the final third. A great pass requires a great run and we just don't have quality in the final third at the moment besides Morelos. 

This

I really like Dorrans, always neat on the ball and does communicate with everyone, but I think people are expecting him to be Gazza they way some go on. 

I cant say I watch Norwich but I do have pals who are Baggies, which is arguably where he played his best football in the EPL, and he has never been a dynamic number 10 but more like a Barry Ferguson. 

Ironically I thought Ferguson was at his best further forward!

I wouldn't play jack and rossiter as they are very similar, at least they were in the friendlies/europa game, but I would like Dorrans to be free to go forward more, I just don't expect him to be a massive goal threat. 

After the Motherwell game he has been steady but not spectacular. Still settling in I would like to see him going by the forwards more often . He is still way better than what we had last season under Warburton. It's going to take time but it's definitely a better squad than last season .