Dorrans

JukeBoxJohn

What's the verdict on him so far then?

First and foremost getting the win was the main thing today so not trying to kill the mood, however since that man of the match debut at Fir Park Dorrans has offered virtually fuck all in my eyes. Seen a few posters in the match thread saying similar so I can't be the only one!

Needs to find a bit of form and fast because we can't afford to have any passengers in that midfield.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to be given license to play by playing in the 10 role and focusing less on the defensive work probably with Jack and Rossiter doing the work behind him to allow him to play.

I think he's been decent if not amazing since the Motherwell game, there have been certain points where his quality and his passion for this club really shine through 

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Still to find his fitness after a month in Florida then a Vegas stag doo, also would be better slightly further forward . Will prove a top signing imo.

If he's still not fully fit after starting 4 league games and a few pre season games then that's worrying as fuck.

18 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

What's the verdict on him so far then?

First and foremost getting the win was the main thing today so not trying to kill the mood, however since that man of the match debut at Fir Park Dorrans has offered virtually fuck all in my eyes. Seen a few posters in the match thread saying similar so I can't be the only one!

Needs to find a bit of form and fast because we can't afford to have any passengers in that midfield.

People are expecting too much from him. Hes a part of the jigsaw, a much better player than halliday.

Just now, gersandy said:

People are expecting too much from him. Hes a part of the jigsaw, a much better player than halliday.

I don't think it's unfair for people to expect a bit more from a £1.5million signing with a decent pedigree, especially after such a promising start.

He hasn't been terrible far from it but he's anonymous at times IMO.

I thought he did fine today; pass marks for me. My concern is that he seems very similar to Jack and does the same type of job in midfield. A few posters on here said this was the role he was now playing with Norwich when we were first trying to sign him, instead of the box-to-box midfielder a lot of us thought we were getting. Hopefully, with Pena getting more game time now, it will give us more options of getting players into the box to support our strikers.

Just now, JukeBoxJohn said:

I don't think it's unfair for people to expect a bit more from a £1.5million signing with a decent pedigree, especially after such a promising start.

He hasn't been terrible far from it but he's anonymous at times IMO.

Fair enough, but £1.5m for a player nowadays is peanuts. Players are going for stupid money. 

From what ive seen of him in the past, and so far, he wont be the box to box star midfielder we think he should be. Him and Jack will supplement another player. 

4 minutes ago, gersandy said:

See I'm the opposite, so far I dont think hes been much of an improvement on Halliday. Think he'd be better as a midfield three as I dont think he has the presence to run the midfield as part of a two alongside a defensive mid.

19 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I don't think he's the type of player many thought we were signing.

What type of player is that?

Genuine question.

Personally ,I feel/agree that  he can play much better than he did today -  but over all  I think he's class and will prove to be a very important player for us over the course of the season