Dorrans

JukeBoxJohn

13 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

Not the player he was a few years ago unfortunately. Credit to Jack though who I feel has been excellent so far.

Jack reads the game well and is effective at breaking up play, Dorrans has underwhelmed, perhaps he is too similar to Jack but we lack a driving midfield player and desperately need creativity.  

I hope Pena falling in the river was a wake up call and he gets a run of games. :whistle:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Why even make this thread fuck sake some cunts are never happy,he has been 7/10 every game.lets think back to Jason holt and Andy Halliday in our midfield eh

Some in the thread would drop him and think he's no improvement on Andy.  

Think about that mate.

We really need Pena to be a player. Not just to get value for our £3m, but to get the best out of Dorrans. If Pena reaches his potential we'll have no choice but to go to 3 in the middle, and that will free up Dorrans to go and play a bit higher up the park, with Jack sitting. He just can't  do that in a 2. 

I really think our competitiveness relies a lot on Pena forcing us into a 4231/433. Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe even Hibs will wipe the floor with us if we go into the big games in a 442. 

Dorrans, Jack & Pena have more experience than Rossiter. I guess the only way to get this experience is to wait for an injury which no one wants to see happen and then take that opportunity. We are better in the midfield than last year but it's still nothing special. I wonder what young guys like Thompson and Barjonas must think for they clearly have the skill yet but lack experience. I still don't think we bleed in our younger players enough.I expected more from Dorrans so far.

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

We really need Pena to be a player. Not just to get value for our £3m, but to get the best out of Dorrans. If Pena reaches his potential we'll have no choice but to go to 3 in the middle, and that will free up Dorrans to go and play a bit higher up the park, with Jack sitting. He just can't  do that in a 2. 

I really think our competitiveness relies a lot on Pena forcing us into a 4231/433. Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe even Hibs will wipe the floor with us if we go into the big games in a 442. 

Or if we sign another midfielder in the next 5 days. I think someone in the style of Holt but an upgrade would be ideal next to Jack in a 4-2-3-1 with Dorrans in the 10. Someone with energy to get about the park while Jack sits and Dorrans can get forward and create.