Gascoigne

Perth_Campsie_Ger

23 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

You jest but there's cretins who are speaking up that mob across the city as a team on par with our 9IAR squad :lol:

Its such a farce. I obviously don't want them to get 9 or 10, but anyone who honestly believes it would mean as much given the circumstances are deluded. Paper champions.

I know mate. Griffiths would be on a par with Bo Anderson or something such as the standard has dropped so much 

7 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

The greatest.

Behind the Great Dane thou, Laudrup was the best player I have ever had the pleasure to see in a blue jersey,  Gazza was not too bad himself and we had a team of real stars throughout the team.

Best game he and Laudrup had togeather was Scottish cup final 5-1 1996  against hearts , they were both amazing, Laudrup got 2, Durie  got a hat-trick and still did not get man of the match.

Great to see Gazza looking better 

I don't it's possible to ever truly appreciate how fortunate we are to have witnessed Paul Gascoigne in his prime.

Like every kid in the playground began emulating the Cryuff turn after the '74 World Cup, anyone who was anyone began bleaching their hair blonde when Gazza did it. That was the sort of impact he had on world football.

The world is fond of Gazza; that speaks volumes. Right now, he should be a multi-millionaire, hosting his own prime time TV show. His affectionate character would be wasted in football management or punditry.

He's been offered help, again and again, but he appears to be his own worst enemy. Geniuses, in any art, are often on the verge of mental.

In my naivety, I always hoped that Walter or Ally would have offered him a place on our coaching staff, but I now realise that it wasn't reslalistic. I remember Ally saying he had invited him to the UEFA Cup final, but nothing came of it.

One of my favourite stories of Gazza is Frank Lampard, as told in his book.

Lampard, at 19 or 20 years-old, had been called-up to the England squad and he said he was nervous beyond belief. He arrived at the hotel and it very cliquey; Beckham, Scholes, Neville & all the Man United players sitting together, Adams, Keown, Seaman & the Arsenal players having a coffee together, then Owen, McManaman and the Liverpool boys playing pool together. It was a bit awkward, he said, and not very welcoming.

So, he went to his room to avoid the awkwardness and a few moments later, his door went.

Gazza was standing there, in a dressing gown, holding a watermelon and counting. He said nothing to Lampard, just walked in and continued counting his steps, circled his room and left, still counting with the watermelon in his hand. :lol:

4 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Every time I see something about Gazza I've got to find and play the video of "that" Sheep game and his 3 goals. What a man.

seen some amazing performances at Ibrox in my time and that is right up there, never tire of watching.  

On 15/09/2017 at 13:32, Negri's lovechild said:

Our 9iar squad would have hammered them. We'd have bullied them all day. Their current squad wouldn't even beat their O'Neil team

Their team during our 8 and 9 in a row seasons were probably better than their current squad 

Loved him when I was younger - an absolute hero, only eclipsed by Laudrup for me as a boy. 

Saddens me that every time a Gazza thread pops up on here I'm half expecting / dreading that he's died. Really hope he can lead some kind of happy life now. 

Good story from McCoist. Again sad that all I think is how much of a prick he is now.