Dave King

bombaybadboy08

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

As I keep saying to you and you don't respond, why does it have to be about challenging for the title? why can't there be an in-between something better than now and a bridge between both? a better manager would have us comfortably second, maybe a chance of winning a cup and probably Europa group stages ... if we can't be title challengers, surely it's OK to aim for that? why does it have to be title challenge or nothing? 

This is exactly what I think. We obviously want to be back at the top, but we understand it takes time. However we have the second biggest budget by a mile and therefore being comfortably 2nd is the least we expect. 

Under Pedro we have seen no progression. Folk can criticise the board for lack of investment but the truth is Pedro has failed to deliver  despite being given a decent backing in my opinion.

If we'd started better I'm not even sure today would have been an issue... We need to go back to basics and get a manager in who gets the best from these players and knows what to do in January.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

This is exactly what I think. We obviously want to be back at the top, but we understand it takes time. However we have the second biggest budget by a mile and therefore being comfortably 2nd is the least we expect. 

Under Pedro we have seen no progression. Folk can criticise the board for lack of investment but the truth is Pedro has failed to deliver  despite being given a decent backing in my opinion.

If we'd started better I'm not even sure today would have been an issue... We need to go back to basics and get a manager in who gets the best from these players and knows what to do in January.

Before we do anything we have to agree that Pedro is a complete fuckin dud, an abject failure who should be given NO MORE TIME. As long as we are umming and ahhing about it he will stay in place. It will likely take a defeat at Hamilton sending us into the bottom half of this utterly shite league for some folk to wake up. We are loyal, but that doesn't mean we should be fuckin brainless.

7 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Quite simple...

Invest to close this gap or get to fuck.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Yep either find the money from somewhere or fuck off back to South Africa and stay there 

Only read two posts from this thread and I don't need to read anymore.

Match the fans backing or fuck off. 

10 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Having the biggest budget and by quite some margin means something. Having the second largest means nothing and gets you nothing as the results show, nothing but mediocrity, which puts us in the same bracket as all the rest. Also rans. Losers.

As for spending 8 million, the scum wage is 30 mil. Are we supposed to be impressed?!

As for no progression, you are talking shite and you are so arrogant that the rest of Scottish football waiting around for us to improve.

Better we spent 3 mil and know who we are, as opposed to wasting 8 mil and pretending to be something we are not. We can fight for second place just as well with 3 as we can with 8, but to think we can get anywhere near the scum with 8 is madness.

Tell me 30 mil and we are back in the game. However don't hold your breath and I look forward to many managers passing through our hands, not. We might set a record in it.

10 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

Before we do anything we have to agree that Pedro is a complete fuckin dud, an abject failure who should be given NO MORE TIME. As long as we are umming and ahhing about it he will stay in place. It will likely take a defeat at Hamilton sending us into the bottom half of this utterly shite league for some folk to wake up. We are loyal, but that doesn't mean we should be fuckin brainless.

You are fucking brainless in accepting shite from this board.

Nothing changes. Tills keep ringing.

I get it!

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You are fucking brainless in accepting shite from this board.

Nothing changes. Tills keep ringing.

I get it!

I don't buy this theory at all. Occam's razor says that the board have made a monumental fuck up with an utterly shite manager, nothing more nothing less. You're saying that IF we have spent 8 million compared to St Johnstone and their ten bob team, it makes no odds as it requires more to catch them. I'm saying the board could reasonably expect FAR better for this kind of outlay. I'd also get our players are on well above the rest of the teams' wages. I just think Pedro is a terrible manager.

Being 2nd in this pishy league means fuck all.  It carries a tiny bit of credibility if there's up to a 6 point gap from the top but other than that? We may aswell finish 4th.  Aiming for second place consistently will see us fail that.  

We have to aim for the top- it's what all Rangers sides were built on. Even in the early 80s. Aim to be champions. The moment we lose that championship ambition is the moment we become another Aberdeen or hearts.  Happy to put up something of a challenge but never go the whole hog.

dave king should offer his resignation on Monday morning. Maybe then we'll get a hand on chairman that can recruit a proper manager and set us on the path to 55.  Cos the only path king is leading is to 10 in a row for celtic and more humiliation from just about everyone else

49 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

If Pedro is that much of a dud then what the duck does that say about the clowns that appointed him?  We'll get shot if Pedro then wanker Robertson will be on the telly saying blah blah blah fucking nonsense and we'll end up with another unqualified for the Rangers job.  This board would try and win the F1 championships in a lada rather than go and get what it takes to guarantee success 

1 hour ago, five stars said:

They have invested considered amounts of cash. 

They got rid of MW when it wasn't working.

Payed compensation to get the man in they wanted early.

Then gave him significant funds to completely revamp the squad.

I don't think it's the board fault the cash payed for likes of Pena and Herrara looks like it could of been better spent.

The main valid criticism of the board is that it looks like they brought in the wrong manager.

I hope there's someone out there who wants to invest heavily in Rangers but I'd image if there was they would of shown their hand by now.

I think it is their (the boards) job to find investment and expect them to carry out that task.

Appointing Pedro seems to have been a mistake by the board as well as MW before, it is their job to sort that mistake.

I do not think they care the same as you and I and fellow Rangers fans and until they do it will never be sorted.

All IMO of course.

If Rangers Football Club are SIXTH in the league going into October, then serious questions need to be asked. But it’s ok, we got the kit deal sorted everything is ok with our chairman who probably didn’t even watch the game today. Hand in your pocket King or hand in your resignation. You cowardly bastards, the fact he’s said fucking nothing about recent events sums him up to a tee. Fucking done with him and all his little puppets with blazers.

9 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Not really investment that is the sole problem; he gave Pedro about £10 million and he has bought a bunch of donkeys. We need someone who knows an eye for a player that can suit perfectly to Scottish Football. 

That was ST money, our fukkin money

2 hours ago, standup said:

Is the last time Dave King spoke  when he was celebrating beating Sports Direct? 

Did he actually reach a better agreement or was it just an agreed bluff between the two to sell more shirts bcause it was start of the season?? The man is a grade A cunt