Dave King

bombaybadboy08

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finding another owner isn't easy.  David Murray tried to sell Rangers for several years and nobody was interested.  Anyone buying Rangers now would be immediately asked for tens of millions buying out the old board and then investing in the playing squad.  We're a money pit.  You think there's people out there who are happy to lose their arse financially by getting involved with this club?  I doubt there is.

We'll also face problems getting a quality manager to come here until more investment is made available.  At the moment, we're asking managers to come here and beat celtic with a budget that is probably half of what they're spending.  Any manager would struggle to compete under those circumstances.  Not to mention, a change of manager would involve putting Pedro and his entire staff on gardening leave or paying them off which is millions more down the pan.

Rebuilding a squad also faces major problems because we've been left with a number of duds on our books.  Hodson has a contract with us until the summer of 2019.  Guys like Halliday, Holt, MOH, and Windass, are contracted to us until 2020.  MOH and Halliday may be loaned out but you can bet we're still paying the vast majority of their wages.  Pedro did well to move out as many of the duds as he did but there's still plenty of deadwood here needing shifted.  We'll need to spend a small fortune getting these duds out, before we can get better quality players in.

People on here are asking for a new board, a new manager, a new team.  How much will all of that cost approximately? 

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Having the biggest budget and by quite some margin means something. Having the second largest means nothing and gets you nothing as the results show, nothing but mediocrity, which puts us in the same bracket as all the rest. Also rans. Losers.

As for spending 8 million, the scum wage is 30 mil. Are we supposed to be impressed?!

As for no progression, you are talking shite and you are so arrogant that the rest of Scottish football waiting around for us to improve.

Better we spent 3 mil and know who we are, as opposed to wasting 8 mil and pretending to be something we are not. We can fight for second place just as well with 3 as we can with 8, but to think we can get anywhere near the scum with 8 is madness.

Tell me 30 mil and we are back in the game. However don't hold your breath and I look forward to many managers passing through our hands, not. We might set a record in it.

Nonsense. How can having the biggest budget by a distance mean something, but having the 2nd biggest by a distance mean nothing. Thats nonsense. If u spend the second highest on players and wages, second place is absolutely expected, anything less is a total failure.

You almost contradict yourself and admit we've not progressed with the 8m spent. We just don't look significantly better than last year, that for me is a massive disappointment.

12 hours ago, five stars said:

They have invested considered amounts of cash. 

They got rid of MW when it wasn't working.

Payed compensation to get the man in they wanted early.

Then gave him significant funds to completely revamp the squad.

I don't think it's the board fault the cash payed for likes of Pena and Herrara looks like it could of been better spent.

The main valid criticism of the board is that it looks like they brought in the wrong manager.

I hope there's someone out there who wants to invest heavily in Rangers but I'd image if there was they would of shown their hand by now.

Who would invest significant amounts of money only for it to be squandered (or worse) by the lying incompetents on this board? Oxygen theivss like mini murray and Stewart Robertson and the lying criminal that is Dave King. 

We are  toxic brand run by toxic individuals.

No serious investor would touch us with a very long shitty stick.

10 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Who would invest significant amounts of money only for it to be squandered (or worse) by the lying incompetents on this board? Oxygen theivss like mini murray and Stewart Robertson and the lying criminal that is Dave King. 

Thats the problem , the lying shyster is here because nobody else wants anything to do with the club , the guy never even goes to any games.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Thats the problem , the lying shyster is here because nobody else wants anything to do with the club , the guy never even goes to any games.

No the problem is we are now uninvestable with King and his minions in charge. 

We don't need investment for a shit board to fuck up some more. We need regime change and to re-use a previous quote we need cleansing from top to bottom.

Just now, The Beast said:

No the problem is we are now uninvestable with King and his minions in charge. 

We don't need investment for a shit board to fuck up some more. We need regime change and to re-use a previous quote we need cleansing from top to bottom.

We have been uninvestable ever since we were mugged by Scottish football , thats why the lying crook was allowed to snake his way in . He will be here till he thinks he has all his cash back but god knows who there is willing to take over.

As I recall Mike Ashley wanted to buy the controlling interest of 30% in our club,factions within our own support campaigned to thwart his offer by complaining to sfa and anyone else they could think of.

What anyone thinks of Ashley’s MO or of the man himself is immaterial,he is a man with considerable resources who let’s face it is very successful in his field of business.

As for King his attempt tp secure Ibrox as collateral will always rankle with me, at least Ashley ruled that codicil out of his equations.

We are where we are,we looked a gift horse in the mouth the rest is the history of our struggle to exist on anything but loans.

We need someone with deep pockets who is prepared to pay what is required to get us the league and champions league access and who is prepared to risk writing that off if it fails. Good luck finding that.

Honestly we need 5 or 6 players 2-3 million quality in the team. Morelos is a 2-3 million quality player and was a snip so I'm not saying we need to pay that fee for everyone but we do need quality. We have no left side just now and one quality striker. Midfield is too slow covering the ground. Defence is suspect. Goalkeeper is an above average journeyman 

19 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

As you know, I'm no lover of the current board - but after spending £8 fucking million we should be able to beat likes of Progres, Hibs, Hearts and Patrick Thistle at least.

I'd accept it if we were beating the sides around us and regularly beating teams in the bottom half, but we're doing neither of those.

Our best bet of catching them isn't to go toe to toe with them, it's beating the rest and hoping they drop points to them. 

I'd give Tommy Wright the job now, he seems to know what he's doing and how to set up a limited side to contain them. Pedro doesn't have a fucking clue

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I don't have one - hence why I said he's the only option 

do you struggle with comprehension?

In this case I'm having no struggle with comprehension.

If as you admit, he's the only option, then that means he's the best option we have. 

A young child could undestand that but it seems way beyond your intellectual capacity.

Maybe you should go over to kerryfail street with your level of intelligence you'll fit right in.

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

Your good at recycling mate.

Recycling the same old pish time after time.

Whats your alternative to the current board? Lol

1 minute ago, five stars said:

It is quite possible that an alternative will be forced by the TOP action at the Court of Session,time will tell.

2 hours ago, five stars said:

Lol indeed. It's all a big joke eh?

If this was one of the previous boards underperforming in this manner arseholes like you and your cunty pals would be foaming at the mouth but since it's "Rangers men" they're beyond any blame or accountability.

Vermin like you make me sick.

2 hours ago, five stars said:

The only solution is for the fans to buy the club but we have a prick fan club that has alot of shares already and dosent speak for most of us. Difficult situation but for sure Dave King and his teputation is well known in business circles and investors are staying well clear due to him. 

3 hours ago, five stars said:

An alternative would come about if pressure was applied to the maggots 

King and Murray get the easy ride all day long .It simply has to stop .

If you believe that we spent £2.7 million on Pena - which I don't but I'll take it at face value that we did then accordingly to the website - and in fairness there's a lot of detail and it does look legit, then we spent £ 8.73 million. However, we brought in £2.75 million from transfers - giving us a net spend of £5.98 million. and that's with Matt Crooks and Rob Kiernan having questions marks next to any fee. Admittedly we probably got nominal fees if any for both.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/transfers/verein/124

So I have heard a number of times over the last couple of days how we are spending big - £10 million was quoted on Sky yesterday by one of the panellists - in reality, its a net spend of closer to half that - over something like a dozen players. 

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

Lol indeed. It's all a big joke eh?

If this was one of the previous boards underperforming in this manner arseholes like you and your cunty pals would be foaming at the mouth but since it's "Rangers men" they're beyond any blame or accountability.

Vermin like you make me sick.

Ah more of the same old abuse, that's what those who aren't able to construct an intelligent argument do.

Do you have an intelligent argument to put forward your case?

Didn't think so.