Dave King

bombaybadboy08

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

March 2014:

‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail.

‘From the discussions I have to date I think there are other people who would come with me.

‘But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.

‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’

The January transfer window, the last one in the 4 years he highlighted, is going to see a spend off the scale by us. Really looking forward to Dave delivering. Cos he will, won't he........?

On dingwalls follow follow, there are cunts who count his share purchase as investment 

utter fuckwits.

8 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

A large investment over and above whatever already has been invested is required is required. In my opinion 10-20 mil . Unfortunately the present board do not appear to have this kind of money but I can't think of anyone suitable who appears interested. I would hope when the AGM ,which should come up shortly,  takes place the board are asked to clearly and concisely explain where they see investment coming from 

The questions should relate to why there have been soft loans not investment, why bold pledges made haven't been delivered only months before they apparently were to have been, and why they are failing in their duty to find such investment and significant revenue streams.

Not about where they see it coming from which gives a get out of blah blah blah bullshit.

1 hour ago, Malvern said:

It was by that certain person in Authority but it wasn't in this country but somewhere closer to home for Dinky.

Indeed. 

Dunno, quite looks like wee Dinky as well, good call by the poster.

I thought that as well, you cannot miss that glum, dour look that he normally has. :thumbsup:

I have heard those words before from someone in authority, I wonder who it was.....

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Bawsburst?

Judge Brian Southwood:

Southwood said the court had seen King testify for four days and “are unanimous in finding that he is a mendacious witness whose evidence should not be accepted on any issue unless it is support by documents and other objective evidence”.

“It was remarkable that King showed no sign of embarrassment or any emotion when he conceded that he had lied to the (Sars) commissioner in a number of his income tax returns. In our assessment, he is a glib and shameless liar.”

https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/economy/tax-court-labels-king-shameless-glib-liar-1027561

So after settling with SARS for 2.7 billion rand, we've now got the mendacious one with the TAB ruling hanging over him, which he shows no signs of dealing with - and seemingly having his head in the sand, like the proverbial man in debt - hoping it will just 'go away' :sarcasm:

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The questions should relate to why there have been soft loans not investment, why bold pledges made haven't been delivered only months before they apparently were to have been, and why they are failing in their duty to find such investment and significant revenue streams.

Not about where they see it coming from which gives a get out of blah blah blah bullshit.

I thought they could not convert the soft loans till they had another share issue . Regarding the rest it would be interesting to get straight answers on revenue streams - I can't see any new ones 

Just now, onefootwillie said:

I thought they could not convert the soft loans till they had another share issue . Regarding the rest it would be interesting to get straight answers on revenue streams - I can't see any new ones 

On the first point we were promised we had a nomad lined up. Still waiting. Regardless, if someone pledges that sort of money it should be within the club. The fact we can't convert soft loans is THEIR making.

Agree re the second point. And unless we give hope if not success on the pitch then the buzz will completely disappear which will cost us ££££ if and when we get the merchandise sorted and new strips launched.

Improvement on the pitch, likely through investment, and a credible title challenge are simply crucial to our future.

12 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Judge Brian Southwood:

https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/economy/tax-court-labels-king-shameless-glib-liar-1027561

So after settling with SARS for 2.7 billion rand, we've now got the mendacious one with the TAB ruling hanging over him, which he shows no signs of dealing with - and seemingly having his head in the sand, like the proverbial man in debt - hoping it will just 'go away' :sarcasm:

I know who it was, not defending King as i dont know the ins and out of his trial in SA, but man on trial lies...a total shocker.

Was he charged with perjury by said judge?

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

I know who it was, not defending King as i dont know the ins and out of his trial in SA, but man on trial lies...a total shocker.

Was he charged with perjury by said judge?

He was only convicted of, 42 charges wasn't it that he settled for before final ruling? Or was it 47, my memory is not what it was.

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

He was only convicted of, 42 charges wasn't it that he settled for before final ruling? Or was it 47, my memory is not what it was.

Not sure, although doubt he was convicted if he settled. I know he paid a fine. But honestly don't know, just wondered if judge called him a liar did he charge him with perjury. Was serious question. 

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Not sure, although doubt he was convicted if he settled. I know he paid a fine. But honestly don't know, just wondered if judge called him a liar did he charge him with perjury. Was serious question. 

You know of any murderers standing trial who plead not guilty and get sent down along with a perjury rap?

Exactly!