Dave King

bombaybadboy08

16 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Nonsense. How can having the biggest budget by a distance mean something, but having the 2nd biggest by a distance mean nothing. Thats nonsense. If u spend the second highest on players and wages, second place is absolutely expected, anything less is a total failure.

You almost contradict yourself and admit we've not progressed with the 8m spent. We just don't look significantly better than last year, that for me is a massive disappointment.

Pish.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

No the problem is we are now uninvestable with King and his minions in charge. 

We don't need investment for a shit board to fuck up some more. We need regime change and to re-use a previous quote we need cleansing from top to bottom.

The problem is for any potential owner, king isn't going away cheaply. Such as he has got the morons firmly in his pocket, so no one is challenging their investing in second.

He is a Rangers man don't you know and he is budgeting for second place.

We deserve all we get.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

If you believe that we spent £2.7 million on Pena - which I don't but I'll take it at face value that we did then accordingly to the website - and in fairness there's a lot of detail and it does look legit, then we spent £ 8.73 million. However, we brought in £2.75 million from transfers - giving us a net spend of £5.98 million. and that's with Matt Crooks and Rob Kiernan having questions marks next to any fee. Admittedly we probably got nominal fees if any for both.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-Rangers/transfers/verein/124

So I have heard a number of times over the last couple of days how we are spending big - £10 million was quoted on Sky yesterday by one of the panellists - in reality, its a net spend of closer to half that - over something like a dozen players. 

That averages 500k per player, so exciting times ahead.

If you are a taig.

He's just a greedy apathetic cunt of a man

Doesn't want to invest but also doesn't want a share issue that would allow fans to invest because he doesn't want to dilute his shareholding. He needs to go

The taigs are just going to continue to throw money at 10 in a row, we could end up like fucking Leeds United, has beens

I think people take winning leagues for granted and think it will just happen, but it won't happen ever without major investment

8 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Doesn't want to invest but also doesn't want a share issue that would allow fans to invest because he doesn't want to dilute his shareholding. He needs to go

The taigs are just going to continue to throw money at 10 in a row, we could end up like fucking Leeds United, has beens

I think people take winning leagues for granted and think it will just happen, but it won't happen ever without major investment

Your obvious wrong about him not wanting a share issue because he has voted for one twice!!

16 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

well unless a Saudi prince comes in this looks like it. I don't hear anybody chapping the doors of ibrox wanting to invest/buy shares.

Absolutely no one would invest with this board. We need new owners and if the were true Rangers men, they would be actively seeking them out as they cannot afford to challenge for the title.

The prpblem is their project in maximising thier investment and the loans for equity swap which has hit the skids for several reasons, so they are hanging on on there for their fortunes to change.

The only way to get rid is starve them out as they do not have the cash to keep us in liquidity throughout a season without ST money.

You said it yourself, our net spend was 5 mil plus, so where is the rest?

Some would say that would hurt the club. Others would say no pain no gain. Short term loss for long term gain. In the meantime we stay in limbo, going nowhere, playing for second place.

I know where I'd rather be.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Absolutely no one would invest with this board. We need new owners and if the were true Rangers men, they would be actively seeking them out as they cannot afford to challenge for the title.

The prpblem is their project in maximising thier investment and the loans for equity swap which has hit the skids for several reasons, so they are hanging on on there for their fortunes to change.

The only way to get rid is starve them out as they do not have the cash to keep us in liquidity throughout a season without ST money.

You said it yourself, our net spend was 5 mil plus, so where is the rest?

Some would say that would hurt the club. Others would say no pain no gain. Short term loss for long term gain. In the meantime we stay in limbo, going nowhere, playing for second place.

I know where I'd rather be.

they are shareholders though. Not owners. Cant anybody with the will and money buy the shares?

11 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I was surprised no one gave King pelters or boos when he came out to do that speech before the Progres game.

I'm not. Our Ibrox support has a fair few muppets that will lap up any old shite the clowns spin them.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

they are shareholders though. Not owners. Cant anybody with the will and money buy the shares?

Yes, but I can't remember the breakdown and what percentage is in the King camp that could prevent majority ownership.

Also, the asset that is Ibrox. I know most won't let it go, but I can speculate that due to it's age it is a financial millstone to maintain. Kingco will have some mega inflated value on it, when the reality is the opposite.

I could also speculate that king has already sussed a few potential buyers, but the asking price is too high.

I could also suggest that due dilligence may uncover some home truths that king would rather leave under lock and key. Not suggesting impropriety, but how the money is divvied up and who is really getting what. Not that king would give so much of a fuck, as he would have his payday and ride off into the sunset.

In conclusion, this board need to be seriously challenged if we are to move forward, otherwise it's many more years in the shadow of those residing in the east end. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, but I can't remember the breakdown and what percentage is in the King camp that could prevent majority ownership.

Also, the asset that is Ibrox. I know most won't let it go, but I can speculate that due to it's age it is a financial millstone to maintain. Kingco will have some mega inflated value on it, when the reality is the opposite.

I could also speculate that king has already sussed a few potential buyers, but the asking price is too high.

I could also suggest that due dilligence may uncover some home truths that king would rather leave under lock and key. Not suggesting impropriety, but how the money is divvied up and who is really getting what. Not that king would give so much of a fuck, as he would have his payday and ride off into the sunset.

In conclusion, this board need to be seriously challenged if we are to move forward, otherwise it's many more years in the shadow of those residing in the east end. 

King has told TOP he owns no shares and has no remit to or fron New Oasis,he will shortly be invited to repeat this to the CoS bench.

Dinky isn't going to give a share issue and he sure as hell ain't banging in his children's inheritance, the mans a pariah. not sure how much of "his" £20 Mil invested in a new company he has not yet recovered.

Still we can't get rid of him as that would upset the uber staunch fans who would chase any other cunt away again.

As long as dinkies poodle PM is on the board though happy days, our club is in safe hands spending £5Mil of the season ticket money put in by the fans.

3 hours ago, five stars said:

Your obvious wrong about him not wanting a share issue because he has voted for one twice!!

The rights issue has been voted through twice but has not been followed up for some reason.  The resolution 11 which King has tried and failed twice to get passed would allow the removal of pre-emption rights meaning that King and co plus external investors can give themselves a huge number of shares at whatever price they want while the other shareholders can do nothing. This plus a large investor from China is where King sees his £20m being paid back. Until then he is treading water and spending the minimum.

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This is exactly what is happening to us

huge clubs have fallen in the past and we are now slipping into obscurity 

nobody gives a fuck about us anymore, except for us. We really are becoming just another Scottish team and our results show that we are just that. Fucking garbage. 

We could finish 7th and this board wouldn't know where to start to fix it 

we are utterly fucked 

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

This is exactly what is happening to us

huge clubs have fallen in the past and we are now slipping into obscurity 

nobody gives a fuck about us anymore, except for us. We really are becoming just another Scottish team and our results show that we are just that. Fucking garbage. 

We could finish 7th and this board wouldn't know where to start to fix it 

we are utterly fucked 

and more alarmingly the fans seem to just take it too.

14 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Great post Willis

12 hours ago, Malvern said:

Dinky isn't going to give a share issue and he sure as hell ain't banging in his children's inheritance, the mans a pariah. not sure how much of "his" £20 Mil invested in a new company he has not yet recovered.

Still we can't get rid of him as that would upset the uber staunch fans who would chase any other cunt away again.

As long as dinkies poodle PM is on the board though happy days, our club is in safe hands spending £5Mil of the season ticket money put in by the fans.

Brilliant . Think a lot of bears are now starting to see the light with this bastard

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

and more alarmingly the fans seem to just take it too.

Should see over on dingwalls follow follow. Nobody gives a fuck. The "do you remember where we have been" brigade are out in force and seemingly don't give a fuck 

also we are apparently only two good players away from challenging 

mental. We are fucking miles wide 

all I've been reading really Ian that investment Ian the issue, but who is going to invest is my question? King has put in a good chunk of money over that last 3 season with fuck all in return. 

The Sports Direct deal has been tore up and there will actually be some sort of merchandise revenue coming into the club, although it will take about a year for what difference it's going to make in the books. 

The 5M invested this season (gross investment) is reasonable for me, the whole point of this summer transfer window was to get a spine in the team, which is in place alothough many didn't look spineless on Saturday. 

Since the board change in 2015 the main pint driven home by King and co has been live within our means and make Rangers a sustainable business. Which is going to take time. 

Patience is what is needed, now I am not happy with how the team are playing or results like the one we got a team the weekend, however I do think it will come good.