Dave King

bombaybadboy08

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We can't get a decent run in Scotland, far less Europe, so pray leave us out of Europe as not to tempt any further embarrassment.

No sane person would invest money with king at the helm  and we all know the reasons why. Team wise isn't so important, but it is the potential of the business that would prompt a takeover, which under normal circumstances makes us a very saleable item, but sadly again, with King no doubt wanting an over inflated wedge, no one will touch us, as  businessmen of integrity will not be out to make any shyster rich. They will just wait until he runs out of goodwill or no more money to put in, which I hope is approaching fast.

What the actual fuck

Just now, .Williamson. said:

The gear he's currently on

Good point well made.

We need a new board and new investment, unfortunately there is no s1jobs for billionaire wannabe football club owners, not in Scotland that's for sure.

We need to earn our own money. Without being on a par turnover wise, putting CL monies aside, then we're fucked.

If the board can't significantly increase revenue then move aside to give people who can a chance.

Soft loans and share issues are not the answer. It needs to be sustainable.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We can't get a decent run in Scotland, far less Europe, so pray leave us out of Europe as not to tempt any further embarrassment.

No sane person would invest money with king at the helm  and we all know the reasons why. Team wise isn't so important, but it is the potential of the business that would prompt a takeover, which under normal circumstances makes us a very saleable item, but sadly again, with King no doubt wanting an over inflated wedge, no one will touch us, as  businessmen of integrity will not be out to make any shyster rich. They will just wait until he runs out of goodwill or no more money to put in, which I hope is approaching fast.

King only owns 15% of the shares you would not even need to deal with him to gain a sizeable majority of shares so to say no one will buy us cause DK wants a huge amount of money for his holdings is not the case.

Also any investor will look at the bottom line of the club I.E. income,debts & future outgoing etc not what King has done in the past. 

We were never going to fix this in one window. 

With increased money from retail next year (£4-6m) that we can use on wages it should allow us 3/4 players of the £20k p/w variety. Transfer feeds will be a problem. I think to beef the squad up we need Walker, McLean and Moult in Jan. All out of contract in ) months and wages shouldn't be huge.

in the summer we should be targeting a few quality Bosmans and paying what is necessary. James McArthur is an important obvious one, but a couple full backs, winger and striker should all be priorities

14 minutes ago, thehost said:

this board --- wont ever come good

this manager -- wont ever come good

this team -- wont ever come good

crossing your fingers ain't going to work, only the wholesale removal of the board will deliver fundamental change

There appears variance in what coming good means.

If it means coming good and taking the title, NO chance.

If it means coming good as the team improving to being second place, every chance, but probably not sustainable with this board as the law of diminishing returns kicks in.

As for the board, well they where never good and proven even worse than I could imagine. The Parks would do better sticking to selling cars and King would do better selling macaroon bars and spearmint chewing gum. At lest he could get battered directly for ripping off the punters.

The only thing that has a chance of bringing about success is delivering fundamental change and as you say, is by the removal of this board.

Potential (realistic) targets to turn this around all out of contract next summer

Jamie Walker, Kenny McLean, Louis Moult, James McArthur, James Morrison, Robert Hutu, Joel Ward, Scott Arfield, Tim Krull, Michele Vorm, Oliver McBurnie

With extra £5/6m in budget from wages we should get from retail and Euro run we could get 5 or 6 of those players and transform the team. Need 2 very good windows...

11 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

King only owns 15% of the shares you would not even need to deal with him to gain a sizeable majority of shares so to say no one will buy us cause DK wants a huge amount of money for his holdings is not the case.

Also any investor will look at the bottom line of the club I.E. income,debts & future outgoing etc not what King has done in the past. 

King doesn’t own or have any remit for shares.

37 minutes ago, Smile said:

wheres the improvement on last season? what's your timescale?

What is it that you see to make you think he's the man for the Job?

How are we going to get money in January when we are due a six million loan in December?

Improvement - more points than this point last season and to even question that Ryan jack isn't an improvement in Andy Halliday is just ridiculous. 

The standard of player is much greater, and given that last season was a second season for the core of the the team and we are already playing at a higher standard. 

I feel Pedro is passionate and wants success, the team he played against celtic was the same time as I would have played and was the same as most of the people on here suggested. He is on the right track but like I said before it's going to take time for 23/24 player turnover to bed in properly. 

Mad for te 6 million loan, it's not something I'm all that aware of so I couldn't comment. 

3 minutes ago, couchman15 said:

Improvement - more points than this point last season and to even question that Ryan jack isn't an improvement in Andy Halliday is just ridiculous. 

The standard of player is much greater, and given that last season was a second season for the core of the the team and we are already playing at a higher standard. 

I feel Pedro is passionate and wants success, the team he played against celtic was the same time as I would have played and was the same as most of the people on here suggested. He is on the right track but like I said before it's going to take time for 23/24 player turnover to bed in properly. 

Mad for te 6 million loan, it's not something I'm all that aware of so I couldn't comment. 

Two more points than this point last season and lying fifth in the table we were second or third under Warburton what happens now when the next seven games Warburton took seventeen points out of twenty one can you see Pedro a guy who's never won more than three games in a row doing that?

I think we have some better players but the Manager still lost and the players look lost trying to play his system.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Two more points than this point last season and lying fifth in the table we were second or third under Warburton what happens now when the next seven games Warburton took seventeen points out of twenty one can you see Pedro a guy who's never won more than three games in a row doing that?

I think we have some better players but the Manager still lost and the players look lost trying to play his system.

In all honesty I can see us going on a bit of a run now, that celtic result will have given the players a shock and a kick up the arse, maybe that is more wishful thinking. 

However I can see what Pedro is trying to do with his game plan and I can see the players understanding of it improving. Time is all that is needed. 

9 minutes ago, couchman15 said:

But does he have the ability? He quite clearly doesn't.

7 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

It's what King has done in the present is the problem, not that anyone will ignore his past.

There is his concert party and the Parks aint no charity either and any other King backers (C1872 for one). I have no doubt what so ever, dodgy Dave has already tested the waters and didn't get any takers to provide him with the windfall he/they desire.

Then there is the matter of the loans, which actually has us tied in knots to his/their advantage.

As a going concern, we just aint worth that much, add to that the stadium which is in a state of disrepair and fuck knows what our other liabilities are. 

It is the potential with our large fan base that is the carrot, but I can imagine Dave has put quite a large over inflated premium on that. Even Auchenhowie has caveats on it, with Sports Scotland having first call on it due to grants.

Lastly there is the matter of the big fat porky he told to TOPS that he has no access to/control of the  15% he had on him coming to power and indeed which brought him to power, so he again proves himself to be a lying rat.

So life in selling us off just isn't so simple and with dodgy Dave at the helm, could be rather litigious!

If I was a potential suitor, I'd just wait and watch the cunt starve himself out, as he inevitably will. It's just that we will all suffer as a consequence..

I really think it's too early to say on that one. 

He deserves to the end of the season. 

The thing Rangers lack more than anything else is something celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnston have had for years and that's Stability. 

If we call it quits on Pedro and the players without giving them ample time (end of the season) then it's just going to cause more turbulence, and I don't think it will solve anything. 

I said at at the start of the season I'd be content to give him another if we finished 2nd less than 15pts behind celtic, were in BOTH cup finals and won at least on of them. 

Both Pedro and the Board said at the start of the season this year was about closing the gap. Which I think we will. 

Its far too early to say by how much we will, but if we go on a run of games between now and the New Year game and find ourselfs still less than 10 points behind and sitting in 2nd place and even a cup in te bag I for one would be happy. 

Now is not the time for the supporters to turn on the club, which I'm not suggesting is going to happen but a collectivness is what is needed now more than ever. 

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

Explain.

I do hope you understand the reason why we shouldn't be anywhere near Europe at this juncture.

It's goes somewhere along the lies of, we're shite.

I say we are surrender monkeys and appeasers, not for what is going on in the park, but for not having the spine to address the root cause of our problems and they reside in the board room. Until they change nothing changes and we remain shite.

The actual whole point of this thread.

1 minute ago, couchman15 said:

We are 8 games in, there is along way to go, I will make my mind up at the end of the season 

So if we drew the bheasts away in both cups you did / would EXPECT to win both to continue to the final?

Really?

Nonsense to have cup final appearances as minimum requirements when assessing expectations / failings.

15 minutes ago, couchman15 said:

I said at at the start of the season I'd be content to give him another if we finished 2nd less than 15pts behind celtic, were in BOTH cup finals and won at least on of them. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So if we drew the bheasts away in both cups you did / would EXPECT to win both to continue to the final?

Really?

Nonsense to have cup final appearances as minimum requirements when assessing expectations / failings.

What were/are your expectations then?