Dave King

bombaybadboy08

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, couchman15 said:

In all honesty I can see us going on a bit of a run now, that celtic result will have given the players a shock and a kick up the arse, maybe that is more wishful thinking. 

However I can see what Pedro is trying to do with his game plan and I can see the players understanding of it improving. Time is all that is needed. 

I hope you right but Pedro record anywhere he's been has been an absolute disaster.

Pedro's career so far sourced from another poster

A mediocre 12 months at two Portuguese clubs both of which he resigned from.

Goes to Mexico which is held up as his most successful time as a coach. Has anybody actually looked into it?

They have a fecked up league system there with a Puerta and Clausura Champion. Basically, he finished 9th and 6th in Season 2012-13. 2nd and 4th in Season 2013-14. And the Season he actually won the league he finished 9th and 8th! He won 'the League' that season by basically winning the Cup Competition it turns into after the 2 regular seasons are over. Even that was weird as they won the first leg of the Final 5-0 and then lost the 2nd leg 3-0. Imagine picking up the League Title having just been humped 3-0!

Another thing that's held up as a big triumph from his time in Mexico was reaching the 2013 Concacaf Final. Has anyone looked into what happened?

The Final's played over 2 legs - home and away ties with the away goals rule. Pedro's team drew the 1st leg at home 0-0. They're 2 up in the away leg with 60 minutes played. 2-0 up with both of those goals counting as away goals. Basically, as long as they don't lose 3 goals with 30 minutes left to play, they win the tournament. They didn't lose 3 goals in 30 minutes; they lost 4 goals in 30 minutes. Losing the game and tie 4-2 from an almost unbeatable position.

He then goes to the Middle East where he did feck all until popping up on our radar.

This is the guy who's entire career has been about winning 1 or 2 games out of every 4 or 5.

His win % at:
Leiria: 25%
Nacional 42%
Santos Laguna 44%
Al-Gharafa 43%

Remember this is the guy Stewart Robertson described as a "winner."

Well, you do not win the SPFL with those numbers. This isn't some fecked up format like they have in Mexico.

His win % at Rangers of 54% is comfortably the best he's ever managed in his career and it's pish. It's 10% lower than Mark Warburton's.

54 minutes ago, Smile said:

Two more points than this point last season and lying fifth in the table we were second or third under Warburton what happens now when the next seven games Warburton took seventeen points out of twenty one can you see Pedro a guy who's never won more than three games in a row doing that?

I think we have some better players but the Manager still lost and the players look lost trying to play his system.

To be fair that was MW settled team. I don't think comparing points totals tells the whole story after so few games. Perhaps at Christmas time when youd expect the players to have gelled 

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

To be fair that was MW settled team. I don't think comparing points totals tells the whole story after so few games. Perhaps at Christmas time when youd expect the players to have gelled 

Read his record above, i did also mention the next seven games.

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

If we finish within 12 pts of them i'll eat my dick - you can double that! 

I'm not disputing that.

I'm just saying in terms of a pass/fail that's what my expectations were/are.

Some said win league. Nonsense.

But I don't think it's just to say i expect to finish considerably behind the bheasts but then say (given a draw will inevitably match us against them) that i expect to make 2 finals and win 1 of them.

Hopefully though you end up eating your dick.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I hope you right but Pedro record anywhere he's been has been an absolute disaster.

Goes to Mexico which is held up as his most successful time as a coach. Has anybody actually looked into it?

They have a fecked up league system there with a Puerta and Clausura Champion. Basically, he finished 9th and 6th in Season 2012-13. 2nd and 4th in Season 2013-14. And the Season he actually won the league he finished 9th and 8th! He won 'the League' that season by basically winning the Cup Competition it turns into after the 2 regular seasons are over. Even that was weird as they won the first leg of the Final 5-0 and then lost the 2nd leg 3-0. Imagine picking up the League Title having just been humped 3-0!

Another thing that's held up as a big triumph from his time in Mexico was reaching the 2013 Concacaf Final. Has anyone looked into what happened?

The Final's played over 2 legs - home and away ties with the away goals rule. Pedro's team drew the 1st leg at home 0-0. They're 2 up in the away leg with 60 minutes played. 2-0 up with both of those goals counting as away goals. Basically, as long as they don't lose 3 goals with 30 minutes left to play, they win the tournament. They didn't lose 3 goals in 30 minutes; they lost 4 goals in 30 minutes. Losing the game and tie 4-2 from an almost unbeatable position.

He then goes to the Middle East where he did feck all until popping up on our radar.

This is the guy who's entire career has been about winning 1 or 2 games out of every 4 or 5.

His win % at:
Nacional 42%
Santos Laguna 44%
Al-Gharafa 43%

Well, you do not win the SPFL with those numbers. This isn't some fecked up format like they have in Mexico.

His win % at Rangers of 54% is comfortably the best he's ever managed in his career and it's pish. It's 10% lower than Mark Warburton's.

I have seen pedros history and it isn't pretty reading. 

I think he has assembled a good squad so far and once they start playing will come good. 

As for the breadmans record, he had a season in the championship. 

I want Pedro to succeed more than anything, and if form continues as it is then yes a bullet will have to be bitten, I just think it's to early to make that decision 

31 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I do hope you understand the reason why we shouldn't be anywhere near Europe at this juncture.

It's goes somewhere along the lies of, we're shite.

I say we are surrender monkeys and appeasers, not for what is going on in the park, but for not having the spine to address the root cause of our problems and they reside in the board room. Until they change nothing changes and we remain shite.

The actual whole point of this thread.

We're shite first and foremost because we have a shite manager.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Read his record above, i did also mention the next seven games.

I understand, kind of agreeing really. Manager should be doing much better I can cut the players a little slack as it will take them time to become a team, overall IMO the squad has improved significantly.

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I understand, kind of agreeing really. Manager should be doing much better I can cut the players a little slack as it will take them time to become a team, overall IMO the squad has improved significantly.

I actually think some of the players are better but we will not get the best out of them under Pedro.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I actually think some of the players are better but we will not get the best out of them under Pedro.

He has shown nothing that can be used to argue to the contrary. There is hope and blind faith, although given the short time period I understand the reluctance of some to come to terms with it...the rest seem to agree he's not up to it.

We do need to be very careful at how we distinguish between a manager who doesn't have it and one who needs time, otherwise we will end up continually chasing people out the door, giving no no one the time required to make a difference.

One thing is for sure, any manager needs to be pragmatic and do anything he can to win at all costs, fuck style and fuck trying to entertain.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I think that King is taking a more balanced view than many on here. King will wait to the end of the season, look at the points total, cups and then decide whether to abort or continue the project. Knee jerk reactions are usually wrong.

Delaying the inevitable is always wrong.

48 minutes ago, Smile said:

His win % at:
Nacional 42%
Santos Laguna 44%
Al-Gharafa 43%

Fuck me.... when you put it like that :duh:

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

His win % at:
Nacional 42%
Santos Laguna 44%
Al-Gharafa 43%

Should never have been given the job, massive gamble, Robertson was impressed by the I'm José pal pish without looking at his record. Mcleish would have got a reaction from Warburtons duds and we wouldn't have been hammered 3 times by the tarriers and pumped out of Europe by nobody's. 

12 minutes ago, couchman15 said:

But that's not going to happen mate

Delaying the inevitable, I even backed the manager after Progres, He is a dud who has still to beat a top 6 team this season and couldn't beat Partick over 180 minutes of football. Partick had 1 point before playing us. 

Never going to be good enough. 

8 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Should never have been given the job, massive gamble, Robertson was impressed by the I'm José pal pish without looking at his record. Mcleish would have got a reaction from Warburtons duds and we wouldn't have been hammered 3 times by the tarriers and pumped out of Europe by nobody's. 

Robertson should never have been given his job  either, Motherwell was his level.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's what King has done in the present is the problem, not that anyone will ignore his past.

There is his concert party and the Parks aint no charity either and any other King backers (C1872 for one). I have no doubt what so ever, dodgy Dave has already tested the waters and didn't get any takers to provide him with the windfall he/they desire.

Then there is the matter of the loans, which actually has us tied in knots to his/their advantage.

As a going concern, we just aint worth that much, add to that the stadium which is in a state of disrepair and fuck knows what our other liabilities are. 

It is the potential with our large fan base that is the carrot, but I can imagine Dave has put quite a large over inflated premium on that. Even Auchenhowie has caveats on it, with Sports Scotland having first call on it due to grants.

Lastly there is the matter of the big fat porky he told to TOPS that he has no access to/control of the  15% he had on him coming to power and indeed which brought him to power, so he again proves himself to be a lying rat.

So life in selling us off just isn't so simple and with dodgy Dave at the helm, could be rather litigious!

If I was a potential suitor, I'd just wait and watch the cunt starve himself out, as he inevitably will. It's just that we will all suffer as a consequence..

And your super duper alternative to King is who exactly?

There are no potential suitors at this minute in time nor have there been over the last 6 years when we've been sold twice to conmen like Whyte and Green.

As for Kingco wanting X,Y and Z to sell up unless you have talked to them and know for a fact it's supposition on your part.

3 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

And your super duper alternative to King is who exactly?

There are no potential suitors at this minute in time nor have there been over the last 6 years when we've been sold twice to conmen like Whyte and Green.

As for Kingco wanting X,Y and Z to sell up unless you have talked to them and know for a fact it's supposition on your part.

So we accept this conman?

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

Robertson should never have been given his job  either, Motherwell was his level.

At a time when we can't afford to get it wrong we seem to be doing it all the time, We are going to sleep walk into them winning the league for the foreseeable future. Roberston is another one who was on the Motherwell board who listened to the fans when it came to putting Rangers out the spl but doesn't want to listen to our fans now. 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

So we accept this conman?

In all the posts I've seen on King GTF etc I've yet to see one yes one single post on a credible alternative.

This idea that if King walked away tomorrow everything will be rosy and Mr moneybags Rangers man will walk in and start throwing money around is laughable.

Where were these Rangers men over the last 6 years exactly? You can't force the board out if you don't have an alternative to take over I'm not sure people actually grasp that.