Windass

A.T.G

Windass is only 23, inexperienced at higher levels, still finding a maturity to his game but has lots of potential. We should be encouraging players like him.

dont think he should start ? Fair enough. But he's well worth a place in the squad. We need guys that can offer something a bit different, a bit of creative flair and he has that. We lost it when McKay left (still mental we let him go for me) and that makes keeping Windass more important. 

1 minute ago, ScotBear said:

Windass is only 23, inexperienced at higher levels, still finding a maturity to his game but has lots of potential. We should be encouraging players like him.

dont think he should start ? Fair enough. But he's well worth a place in the squad. We need guys that can offer something a bit different, a bit of creative flair and he has that. We lost it when McKay left (still mental we let him go for me) and that makes keeping Windass more important. 

Here we fuckin go with the McKay shite once again , the same McKay who is subbed every match for Forrest and the same McKay who was rank fuckin rotten 6 games out of 7 for us.

Windass had a terrific 60 minutes yesterday then he ran to cuddle them at the final whistle , which in my eyes is a fuckin disgrace. 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Here we fuckin go with the McKay shite once again , the same McKay who is subbed every match for Forrest and the same McKay who was rank fuckin rotten 6 games out of 7 for us.

Windass had a terrific 60 minutes yesterday then he ran to cuddle them at the final whistle , which in my eyes is a fuckin disgrace. 

I've not been up to speed with Forrest over the last couple of weeks, but the first few games of their season he was getting rave reviews and their fans couldn't believe they robbed us by paying just 500k.

i never get this online mentality of everyone is crap and everyone has to go. As if we have a young Brian Laudrup waiting to step in. McKay was clearly good enough to contribute and be part of the squad. 

3 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

I've not been up to speed with Forrest over the last couple of weeks, but the first few games of their season he was getting rave reviews and their fans couldn't believe they robbed us by paying just 500k.

i never get this online mentality of everyone is crap and everyone has to go. As if we have a young Brian Laudrup waiting to step in. McKay was clearly good enough to contribute and be part of the squad. 

I sometimes wonder if folk like you ever watch games , the guy was fuckin rubbish consistently almost everytime he got on the park , thats why he was always subbed by us too and not just Forrest. Had the heart of a mouse and didn't even want to be at the club.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I sometimes wonder if folk like you ever watch games , the guy was fuckin rubbish consistently almost everytime he got on the park , thats why he was always subbed by us too and not just Forrest. Had the heart of a mouse and didn't even want to be at the club.

Unlike the other ten guys in our team last season that weren't rubbish ? He's only 22, clearly has ability and it would have been in our interest to give him more time. 

Unfortunateky we just couldn't release 20 players in the summer and buy in 20. We had to keep some.....and for the sake of 500k he was clearly worth keeping. 

1 hour ago, ScotBear said:

Unlike the other ten guys in our team last season that weren't rubbish ? He's only 22, clearly has ability and it would have been in our interest to give him more time. 

Unfortunateky we just couldn't release 20 players in the summer and buy in 20. We had to keep some.....and for the sake of 500k he was clearly worth keeping. 

How much time could we give him? He was off next season anyway. 

19 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

How much time could we give him? He was off next season anyway. 

Not necessarily, if his form improved and we reached agreement financially. We've got time, we're rebuilding and there was a lot more dross worth getn rid of before him. 

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45902&page=20

Re guy above talking about him being subbed etc....found this from a Forest forum. They couldn't praise him enough, read comments on page 20. We were far too quick to get rid, particularly when our creativity in the final third is our weakest area, certainly the widest gap between us and celtic. 

He's just totally bereft of any real quality tbh. He had a little kick at the start of the season with his position change, but i think he's been well and truly figured out now. 

Almost all of our decent openings came down his side yesterday and he made nothing of them. I know he doesn't have many fans on here, but personally i think it's sackable in itself to sell McKay and allow the window to shut with Windass and Kranjcar as our main options on the left wing. Our left hand side is genuinely top 6 and no better. 

3 hours ago, ScotBear said:

23 is not a fuckin kid anymore. He is absolutely gash and his wee cuddle and joke with the hate filled bigot at the end shows to the world that he doesn't have the mentality to play for our Club...

Not consistent enough. He's 23 now so won't improve all that much more. I think a lot of people hope that he will improve as he is a physical looking player, has a burst of pace and has moments that show something. He hasn't got that improvement or work rate in him. We can't afford to carry passengers just now,and feels like we are putting square pegs into round holes. I would rather one of the younger guys in there who are naturally left sided and get this guy out. He hasn't the mentality to play for us. 

Nah, not for me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season due to his injuries, but at times he just looks lost at our club. In his only defence, he is like a square peg in round hole playing left wing. I've read about 4 different versions of his best position on here, but he certainly not cut out for the position he is being asked to fill, as he doesn't track back often enough to help the defence. A squad player at best all day long.

30 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Nah, not for me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season due to his injuries, but at times he just looks lost at our club. In his only defence, he is like a square peg in round hole playing left wing. I've read about 4 different versions of his best position on here, but he certainly not cut out for the position he is being asked to fill, as he doesn't track back often enough to help the defence. A squad player at best all day long.