Windass

A.T.G

3 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Although I'd rather we got a full refund for Pena and Herrera as things stand.

Herrera is a strange player. He's showed wee flashes of class that suggest there could be something there but I'll never trust someone who's that tall but wins next to fuckall in the air.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Herrera is a strange player. He's showed wee flashes of class that suggest there could be something there but I'll never trust someone who's that tall but wins next to fuckall in the air.

I know what you mean. If we were a side that regularly created openings for our strikers then maybe he'd be decent, but we hardly create anything for our strikers and as Herrera isn't the most mobile and doesn't win headers means he offers us very little just now.

We need a Novo/Darcheville type who can create their own chances imo.

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I know what you mean. If we were a side that regularly created openings for our strikers then maybe he'd be decent, but we hardly create anything for our strikers and as Herrera isn't the most mobile and doesn't win headers means he offers us very little just now.

We need a Novo/Darcheville type who can create their own chances imo.

It's Joe Garner all over again, we've bought a striker that could do a job but we aren't playing a style that would suit him.

Ironically, the way we were playing today would have suited Joe Garner.

Too many people on here praising Windass to the rafters after he gave a good 20 minutes in one game at the start of the season. He should have been one of the first booted out the door during the window, he did the same last season with one good 20 minute period in one game against the tarriers then hid all season. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He yer wee favourite, aye? :lol:

LOL.thumb.PNG.aa452b90f39424795447e6549f48f867.PNG

I think he's definitely improving and is a decent player in there. Just giving my honest opinion in that most of the team is not good enough and some of the posts on here about windass are way OTT. I could understand if we had a team full of top class players but don't see why people make a thread about one player when it was clearly 90% of the team. Windass was actually one of our better players especially in the first half. 

14 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

I think he's definitely improving and is a decent player in there. Just giving my honest opinion in that most of the team is not good enough and some of the posts on here about windass are way OTT. I could understand if we had a team full of top class players but don't see why people make a thread about one player when it was clearly 90% of the team. Windass was actually one of our better players especially in the first half. 

Mate look back to the hours after or day after most games this year and you'll see the same thread about Windass. It's no coincidence. He wasn't our worst player yesterday and I appreciate you having faith in the boy but I'm with the folk who think he's not good enough for us. He's lightweight and inconsistent. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Was one of our best players first half. Whatever Pedro said to them all at half time turned them all into a team of imposters 

Yes Pedro's fault.

Must've been.

But whatever was said to them pre game couldn't have been said by Pedro as we did ok.

Ffs man.