Gers Fans Applaud celtic Supporters Ibrox Disaster Tribute

BlueMexican

8 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I don't understand why a fan of that lot would make such a point of doing things we don't even do.

It's nice and it's decent, but I just find it a bit odd to be honest.

It's possible he lost a friend or family member that day so wouldn't you take a minute to remember them and lay a small tribute?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This, he's doing it for attention not for the victims

maybe he just wants to show not all celtic fans are cunts

fact is you dont know so stop being an arrogant twat and talking like you know exactly what he was thinking and exactly why he did it

16 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This, he's doing it for attention not for the victims

If he was looking for attention he could have got it easy enough as the papers would have creamed themselves to big it up with fotos. I think he could be a genuine guy that had empathy with fellow guys who left home to watch football but never returned, it could have happened to anyone ,

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

fact is you dont know so stop being an arrogant twat and talking like you know exactly what he was thinking and exactly why he did it

If that's the case then he did it to show they aren't all cunts and not for the victims didn't he?

Just exploiting the disaster imo, similar to folk doing charitable work then posting it all over the internet for profit

He's pulled a blinder because folk are talking about this instead of the fact they made themselves look like scum again yesterday with their antics

Some seem more happy to pat one guy on the back instead of mentioning the thousands of them who sing about the disaster every week or make scumbags of themselves wherever they play

16 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

fuck them, sick of this pandering shite, across the country every week they sing about the Ibrox disaster, they spraypinted shite about it outside thr ground, one man doesnt make up for it, especially the way their scum club has been acting, when i see the majorty of celtic fans doing the same, when we can have minutes silences instead of applauding because they scum cant behave then ill respect them, one half decent guy lying a scarf doesnt make up for the decades of disrespect their fans AND CLUB have given us and those who have died. Fuck them. As I said a nice gesture from one guy, but fuck the rest of them in general hes in the minority, he would have been spat on by his own fans if theyd seen him doing it

Judge the person not the colour/colours they wear.

Respect is due as he personally deserves it for the gesture alone, whether he wanted it to be known is not the question as it is now in the public. If he has done it for years then all the more respect to him for it is a nice gesture which should be rightfully reciprocated.

Not all Muslims are terrorist loving killing bastards and this one seems to break the same mould as not being indoctrinated to hate that which he sees as a rival. Fair play to him. The vast majority may well be terrorist loving scum and willing to kill us in our beds but I prefer to judge a person by their actions and not blame him alone for the rest of his "clan", it is a personal choice.

Whether he is doing it for attention (probably) or respect (probably) I see no harm in it. Let it be.

Some things are so much important than football itself, the disaster included, the celtic officials at the time helped ferry the injured and tended them. We must always appreciate that too. 

I was too young to go to the Old Firm  game, my dad and uncle went, but left by the PRW exit for a pub  instead of down the stairway 13 to the Govan ferry as they more usually did. 

I remember going to a game shortly after at Ibrox with my dad and uncle. The game was against East Fife.On the bare wooden boards that had been erected at the bottom of the stair was a solitary wreath. It was from East Fife football club. Perhaps a small gesture, but it had a massive effect on this fan, even on my thoughts on the fundamental values of football, and this fan appreciates that wee gesture from another football club to this day.

R.I.P. our disaster victims, and continued respect to their families and friends who had to deal with the consequences through all these years, it's still heartbreaking to me. 

6 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

From what I hear , He has done it before,And never got this recognition.Just what fellow supporters have been saying on follow follow on Facebook.